Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Promotions are sometimes bittersweet...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2020
I hope its not just me so that they might think about doing it, but a way to choose the way our crew look would be much appreciated. For example: one of my all time favorite looks is Kobe's first promotion, where he gets his awesome hat. I was sad though when it was time to do his second promotion. I know some of you would say 'well then don't do that quest, easy', if I didn't put that I know that you guys would say that lol. But its bittersweet because I love that quest...but he also loses his awesome hat. I mean don't get me wrong, he still looks awesome but not my favorite. I know a service like that would probably be for crowns like the flag changing service. And probably for like the second/higher ranks would be more expensive to change back into if you get tired of the current rank.

I'll finish it here because I know I gave the moderator and other crew members quite a lot to think about after my topic before this. I know I talked about quite a few big things in that one so this is an 'easier' one.

Have a great everyday everyone along with your families/crews/friends and please pass it on and please word questions responsibly (instead of being like 'people are leaving! hurry up with the...'darn' books!').

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It has definitely been mentioned before that we'd like more control over the looks of our promoting Companions and even the NAMES of our Companions that receive the randomized ones given from a list.

You are not alone...

Ensign
Jun 12, 2020
Willowydream on Oct 20, 2022 wrote:
It has definitely been mentioned before that we'd like more control over the looks of our promoting Companions and even the NAMES of our Companions that receive the randomized ones given from a list.

You are not alone...

Phew ...though darn that they haven't added it yet even after being asked multiple (probably more than just from you and me lol) times.

And I mean its more plausible than adding Wizard city and if they ever do and if you chose to have Marleybone as your adopted planet, then it'd be awesome if say Arthur Wethersfield would be your adopted father and he could also choose to be on your crew (kinda like those characters that its important for them to be where they are, and they're both at that place AND our crew like say Gortez. But maybe after say his (I think he said he's like a student teacher affectively) studies he could choose to either continue working for the school or go with you and 'teach abroad' and so that he could be with his adopted son/daughter, and the OFFICIAL balance teacher would transfer to Ravenwood so that Arthur could leave the balance school in good hands. And eventually you hear that he used to be a redcoat. That also goes for the other options too, that your adopted parent become a crew member. And I mean yes they're two different games but Wizard City HAS been brought up in Pirate, heck we even have Prospector Zeke so even a character who exists in both games, so it at least still exists in the same game universe so its not totally impossible.

Even though that would be my favorite option to have him as our adopted dad, even if its not him and we get a different Marleybonian as our adopted dad, that'd still be awesome too. And another cool (if I do say so myself lol) idea is that maybe it could be that we catch Arthur while he's still a redcoat before he actually decides to be a teacher and is a redcoat that's a witchdoctor class, like a different time-line kinda thing and with his actual voice and stuff because I know we have other Marleybonian crew member options but I also like his specific voice too not just his accent.

If you can't tell, my favorite part of Wizard101 is getting to interact with Arthur and it makes me sad when we no longer get quests from him when we meet the actual teacher and never talk to him again ...I'm easy to please...lol...Though its hard being easy to please but with a creative mind because they're kinda 'simple' but I don't have the power to make my ideas a reality. That and I don't like the combat style of Wizard as much so its not JUST because I no longer get to hang out with him.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TEDtalk and have a great everyday everyone along with your families/crews/friends and please pass it on, and everyone please remember to ask responsibly (not just you Willow just people who would be like, "HURRY IT UP! PEOPLE ARE LEAVING! ")

Ensign
Jun 12, 2020
Miwais1 on Oct 25, 2022 wrote:
Phew ...though darn that they haven't added it yet even after being asked multiple (probably more than just from you and me lol) times.

And I mean its more plausible than adding Wizard city and if they ever do and if you chose to have Marleybone as your adopted planet, then it'd be awesome if say Arthur Wethersfield would be your adopted father and he could also choose to be on your crew (kinda like those characters that its important for them to be where they are, and they're both at that place AND our crew like say Gortez. But maybe after say his (I think he said he's like a student teacher affectively) studies he could choose to either continue working for the school or go with you and 'teach abroad' and so that he could be with his adopted son/daughter, and the OFFICIAL balance teacher would transfer to Ravenwood so that Arthur could leave the balance school in good hands. And eventually you hear that he used to be a redcoat. That also goes for the other options too, that your adopted parent become a crew member. And I mean yes they're two different games but Wizard City HAS been brought up in Pirate, heck we even have Prospector Zeke so even a character who exists in both games, so it at least still exists in the same game universe so its not totally impossible.

Even though that would be my favorite option to have him as our adopted dad, even if its not him and we get a different Marleybonian as our adopted dad, that'd still be awesome too. And another cool (if I do say so myself lol) idea is that maybe it could be that we catch Arthur while he's still a redcoat before he actually decides to be a teacher and is a redcoat that's a witchdoctor class, like a different time-line kinda thing and with his actual voice and stuff because I know we have other Marleybonian crew member options but I also like his specific voice too not just his accent.

If you can't tell, my favorite part of Wizard101 is getting to interact with Arthur and it makes me sad when we no longer get quests from him when we meet the actual teacher and never talk to him again ...I'm easy to please...lol...Though its hard being easy to please but with a creative mind because they're kinda 'simple' but I don't have the power to make my ideas a reality. That and I don't like the combat style of Wizard as much so its not JUST because I no longer get to hang out with him.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TEDtalk and have a great everyday everyone along with your families/crews/friends and please pass it on, and everyone please remember to ask responsibly (not just you Willow just people who would be like, "HURRY IT UP! PEOPLE ARE LEAVING! ")
I say 'simple' meaning its easy to think it up but the actual process is probably not that easy because technology insists on being hard/take a while to do even something small in a video game. If all it was was just having to think up what would be in the game and then like...MAGIC ( though not as punny as it would be in the Wizard101 forum lol) it'd be in the game, then since I'm currently looking for a job, they should totally hire me (not to toot my own horn but if it were just about the ideas, then it would really be giving Wizard a run for her money in terms of how cool (amount of worlds/quests/awesome promotions/just...stuff/etc.)) to be on their 'idea team' (who already have awesome ideas too I'm sure ) lol.

I mean I've had experience with computer programs but probably the closest program to what they use that I've had access to is Source Film Maker and even that I've only had a few minutes practicing with it. And I have no idea if they work with anything like AutoCAD but I also used to work with that. But haven't been able to practice because my laptop isn't the best for big programs like that unfortunately.

So when I say 'oh its a 'simple' thing' I just mean the idea of it, and how easily I would be pleased (I know its not just about me though lol). That's why I put it in quotes.