Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Post all Pirate Appearance Effects wanted here

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I think we need a thread where people can post what appearance effects need to be added to the game.

Blackbeard used to go into battle by first lighting his beard on fire to make his appearance more terrifying. As such, it would be nice if flaming beards were added and in different hair colors.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 24, 2021 wrote:
I think we need a thread where people can post what appearance effects need to be added to the game.

Blackbeard used to go into battle by first lighting his beard on fire to make his appearance more terrifying. As such, it would be nice if flaming beards were added and in different hair colors.
Blackbeard didn't light his beard on fire (ouch!) he put slow burning fuses (for muskets and cannon) to stick out from under his hat; thus surrounding his face with smoke to create a devilish appearance.
But I like the idea of surrounding our pirate in a firery glow!
When the first Snowman made it's appearance with the Badge "Stay Frosty", i suggested that we should be surrounded by our own snow flurry. So, snow flurry, please!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 25, 2021 wrote:
Blackbeard didn't light his beard on fire (ouch!) he put slow burning fuses (for muskets and cannon) to stick out from under his hat; thus surrounding his face with smoke to create a devilish appearance.
But I like the idea of surrounding our pirate in a firery glow!
When the first Snowman made it's appearance with the Badge "Stay Frosty", i suggested that we should be surrounded by our own snow flurry. So, snow flurry, please!
How much snow are we talking here? Just a flurry, maybe more of a squall. How about some blowing or drifting snow. If they increase the wind enough we could get our own personal blizzards, or snow showers, or snow storms.

Also, what kind of snow would you be interested in having? Snow pellets, snow flakes, snow grains, graupel, powder snow, packing snow, wet snow, dry snow?

After farming the Duck of Death many times over, I would love to have a little halo effect for my pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Permanent shower of gold, for those top treasure chest hunters.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Mar 26, 2021 wrote:
How much snow are we talking here? Just a flurry, maybe more of a squall. How about some blowing or drifting snow. If they increase the wind enough we could get our own personal blizzards, or snow showers, or snow storms.

Also, what kind of snow would you be interested in having? Snow pellets, snow flakes, snow grains, graupel, powder snow, packing snow, wet snow, dry snow?

After farming the Duck of Death many times over, I would love to have a little halo effect for my pirates.
Like the snow effect from the snow globes. A Halo effect is already available from one of the team up badges.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
At least an shower effect for all of the four seasons.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to get a plague bubble that may disease those who step into it (as such it would cover one square all the way around you). Likewise, a healing bubble could also be made with a one square heal. Granted both the healing and the plague effects would be small in both damage caused and healing healed. Though, they might not need to be that small if they were talents on otherwise junk equipment. Perhaps one should train and cast those, even damage and defense bubbles would be nice, as such bubbles does make where one wants to move a bit more game play interesting. (Knowing my luck though, people would flock next to me to take advantage of a bubble and then we would be barraged to death due to such gathering).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 30, 2021 wrote:
At least an shower effect for all of the four seasons.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to get a plague bubble that may disease those who step into it (as such it would cover one square all the way around you). Likewise, a healing bubble could also be made with a one square heal. Granted both the healing and the plague effects would be small in both damage caused and healing healed. Though, they might not need to be that small if they were talents on otherwise junk equipment. Perhaps one should train and cast those, even damage and defense bubbles would be nice, as such bubbles does make where one wants to move a bit more game play interesting. (Knowing my luck though, people would flock next to me to take advantage of a bubble and then we would be barraged to death due to such gathering).
I thought this post was for effects that show when our pirate isn't in battle - like the nefarious eyes; which is merely cosmetic (unless you're trying to attack Moo Manchu).
If this post is for battle, then the effect should be a talent that randomly appears. A plague power like the floating Dutchman's didn't do damage, but if a companion was defeated, it's spirit appeared and fought on the other side.