Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Plunderin' Lock Amount

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When using Plunderin' orders, I don't think the lock should be placed until you have 180,000+ Gold (same time when the warning about having too much Gold is given). At the moment, the current amount of Gold for the lock appears to be 150,000+ Gold (that's how much Gold my Pirate had when he encountered the lock)..

Developer
The Helpful Pirate on May 22, 2014 wrote:
When using Plunderin' orders, I don't think the lock should be placed until you have 180,000+ Gold (same time when the warning about having too much Gold is given). At the moment, the current amount of Gold for the lock appears to be 150,000+ Gold (that's how much Gold my Pirate had when he encountered the lock)..
Because there's a chance you'll hit a "jackpot" when you send your companions out a'plunderin', we keep the lock a safe distance away from the gold cap.

That way, there's no chance of losing any of the gold you find.

When the gold cap goes up, and your companion level goes up, and the jackpot goes up, we'll move the lock restriction up, too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Because there's a chance you'll hit a "jackpot" when you send your companions out a'plunderin', we keep the lock a safe distance away from the gold cap.

That way, there's no chance of losing any of the gold you find.

When the gold cap goes up, and your companion level goes up, and the jackpot goes up, we'll move the lock restriction up, too.
Oh YEA! He just said that the gold cap is someday gonna go up.
Any chance the friend list cap will too?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Oh YEA! He just said that the gold cap is someday gonna go up.
Any chance the friend list cap will too?
a friends list increase would be welcome