Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Please let us rename our companions, somehow!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 28, 2009
17
My new Bison Scout is named "Faithful HAIR?" Seriously...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1126
Halloween Chick on May 1, 2016 wrote:
My new Bison Scout is named "Faithful HAIR?" Seriously...
Hey, no one wants their hair to abandon them!

That is a bit unfortunate, really. If it were named Faithful Hare it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
113
If it's side quest companions, main quest companions would be the obvious exception. When we get the companion, we should have the same sort of screen for naming ships or pets, but we name the companions.
There has been some truly rediculous names. For example: Anecorbie aparently has an eagle preator companion named "Maximus, Maximus" . She also said she wouldn't change the name even if she could. I can see why.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
144
I have a chicken miner named Bob Dylan... I keep him around, although he dies immediately in every battle.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1756
The Grin Reaper on May 2, 2016 wrote:
If it's side quest companions, main quest companions would be the obvious exception. When we get the companion, we should have the same sort of screen for naming ships or pets, but we name the companions.
There has been some truly rediculous names. For example: Anecorbie aparently has an eagle preator companion named "Maximus, Maximus" . She also said she wouldn't change the name even if she could. I can see why.
I have a Maximus Maximus Eagle Gladiator - must have been a lot of competition over in Maximus school.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9329
The Grin Reaper on May 2, 2016 wrote:
If it's side quest companions, main quest companions would be the obvious exception. When we get the companion, we should have the same sort of screen for naming ships or pets, but we name the companions.
There has been some truly rediculous names. For example: Anecorbie aparently has an eagle preator companion named "Maximus, Maximus" . She also said she wouldn't change the name even if she could. I can see why.
Ah, that wasn't me, I had a Toreador named Angry Cotton Dalton - ugh, really wrong style name for a toreador.
Faithful Hair!? That's a little too weird. I would contact KI and beg, plead, or bribe them to change it for you!
If we can change ship names and pet names; then side quest companions ( or side quest companions purchased from the Crown Shop ) ought to have a name changer!

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
46
Most of my random name companions have ok names so this doesn't really concern me but when I saw "Faithful Hair" I just had to post! Even as I'm writing this I'm writing this I'm still laughing!

LOL, ROFL
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
I actually like the silly names.

Every time I get to name a Mooshu ship, I name it the Bamboo Bamboo. Marlebone ships I name the Arrogant Porcupine.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
Yes, I had an idea where we could go down to the Skull Island docks and pay Captain Darius some money to let us rename our companions, they can get some really cool names but you usually get a bad name, KI it would be wonderful if you could do this

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9329
On the other hand, you could argue that our companions are individuals with the right to keep the names they were given - imagine if you made a friend and they said to you: "Your name is really dumb, I'm going to name you something else."

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
anecorbie on May 5, 2016 wrote:
On the other hand, you could argue that our companions are individuals with the right to keep the names they were given - imagine if you made a friend and they said to you: "Your name is really dumb, I'm going to name you something else."
On the other hand pirates probably named their crew mates?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9329
SpellBinder Darius on May 5, 2016 wrote:
On the other hand pirates probably named their crew mates?
Not likely, however, if they displayed a certain characteristic, they got a nick-name. Ex. Blackbeard, Black Sam Bellamy, Calico Jack, etc.