Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Players repeatedly leaving a dungeon after team up

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
Earlier today there was a player repeatedly trolling team up for Moo Manchu. He would join team up, and then leave the dungeon repeatedly when a team was found. He would then join team up again and continuously repeat this process.

This sort of trolling ruins the game for other people for extended periods of time. Is there a mean by which we can have these people locked out of the dungeon in order to prevent them trolling other players for extended periods of time?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9550
Pin Drop on Jul 3, 2017 wrote:
Earlier today there was a player repeatedly trolling team up for Moo Manchu. He would join team up, and then leave the dungeon repeatedly when a team was found. He would then join team up again and continuously repeat this process.

This sort of trolling ruins the game for other people for extended periods of time. Is there a mean by which we can have these people locked out of the dungeon in order to prevent them trolling other players for extended periods of time?
As long as he confirms and enters the dungeon, he incurs no penalty. This is different from dungeon team-ups in Wizard101 where if you leave a dungeon ( in team-up ) you get a time penalty; but before you say: "yeah! Let's have that here!", anyone leaving a dungeon through team-up incurs that same penalty ( even if someone leaves before everyone else. )
So, while this kind of behavior is super annoying, there is a way to defeat this kind of troll's purpose - either go ahead and do that dungeon with 3 ( level 65+ and it's a cake walk. ) or leave and wait a few minutes - if he shows in the team-up, decline.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
As long as he confirms and enters the dungeon, he incurs no penalty. This is different from dungeon team-ups in Wizard101 where if you leave a dungeon ( in team-up ) you get a time penalty; but before you say: "yeah! Let's have that here!", anyone leaving a dungeon through team-up incurs that same penalty ( even if someone leaves before everyone else. )
So, while this kind of behavior is super annoying, there is a way to defeat this kind of troll's purpose - either go ahead and do that dungeon with 3 ( level 65+ and it's a cake walk. ) or leave and wait a few minutes - if he shows in the team-up, decline.
But 3 people cannot open the 4 man chests- and the only reason anyone does Moo these days is for the gold from the 4-man chests.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1423
Pin Drop on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
But 3 people cannot open the 4 man chests- and the only reason anyone does Moo these days is for the gold from the 4-man chests.
I agree about the four man chests, but that can happen anyway, with people who leave after the nefarious five fight. Gold is hardly the only reason people do that tower. I happen to like the clothes and weapons that drop there, and still have lower pirates who have yet to complete the quest. The Summertime players are also returning, and I bet there are many other people who haven't finished the quest. I'd rather have someone drop out outside the front door, than get through almost the whole dungeon and have them leave after the Five, when my goal is to defeat Moo Manchu and finish the tower.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9550
Pin Drop on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
But 3 people cannot open the 4 man chests- and the only reason anyone does Moo these days is for the gold from the 4-man chests.
There are 2 lock chests in the two balconies in the tower; however I do agree that the 4 lock chests are important to many players & there are some still farming for that one drop they want.
Another way to make sure that Mr./Ms. Team-Up Quitter doesn't join your team up is by waiting before entering another team up.
( Please don't use the term "4 man" as there are many female players. )

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
There are 2 lock chests in the two balconies in the tower; however I do agree that the 4 lock chests are important to many players & there are some still farming for that one drop they want.
Another way to make sure that Mr./Ms. Team-Up Quitter doesn't join your team up is by waiting before entering another team up.
( Please don't use the term "4 man" as there are many female players. )
I am one of them, but have never considered well-understood terms of phrase as discriminatory ;)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1834
Pin Drop on Jul 3, 2017 wrote:
Earlier today there was a player repeatedly trolling team up for Moo Manchu. He would join team up, and then leave the dungeon repeatedly when a team was found. He would then join team up again and continuously repeat this process.

This sort of trolling ruins the game for other people for extended periods of time. Is there a mean by which we can have these people locked out of the dungeon in order to prevent them trolling other players for extended periods of time?
Just remember that any penalty added for those "trolls" is going to come back and bite you the next time you need to leave a team up. Have you never left for any reason?

Perhaps the player was looking for a certain mix of pirate, or a particular friend to be with.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9550
Pin Drop on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
I am one of them, but have never considered well-understood terms of phrase as discriminatory ;)
When you use a "well understood terms of phrase" it is discriminatory when it excludes at least half the player population.
In any case, they're called Group Plunder Chests ( or GPC ) and some have 4 locks.
I suppose you would have no problem if I called them "4 woman chests"?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1408
Pin Drop on Jul 3, 2017 wrote:
Earlier today there was a player repeatedly trolling team up for Moo Manchu. He would join team up, and then leave the dungeon repeatedly when a team was found. He would then join team up again and continuously repeat this process.

This sort of trolling ruins the game for other people for extended periods of time. Is there a mean by which we can have these people locked out of the dungeon in order to prevent them trolling other players for extended periods of time?
Yes, I know these type of players very well. They are very annoying and obnoxious.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1133
Pin Drop on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
But 3 people cannot open the 4 man chests- and the only reason anyone does Moo these days is for the gold from the 4-man chests.
I beg to differ. I do Moo to do Moo, not just get the stuff out of the group plunder chests. Frankly, the stuff I want comes from the second chance chests, not GPs.