Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Player-Class based entry Sigils

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Listen, we've had much combat entry Sigils in instances that are from main and side quests, and perhaps the non-combat entry Sigils we have and know there are more to arrive, but I've been thinking, why don't the class-based instances that have only one Pirate that chose their Pirate Class of choices have their entry Sigils that represent each of the game's classes?

I could imagine pirate class-based entry Sigils placed in locations, allowing more than one pirate that chose their class to enter and aid them in their class trainer quests to earn their new Powers in their upcoming class power quests to come.

The class-based entry Sigils for class-exclusive instances only would each have up to four pirates that have to be from the same class that they chose before they go in, and the Sigils' appearance would have to represent each of the game's available Pirate classes, Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Privateer, Musketeer, and Swashbuckler.

I just thought it would better enforce teamwork through Pirates that chose their classes. Doesn't impact the other normal Sigils in any other way.

What do you think of this suggestion? Would you, or anyone else, agree to let the game have class-based entry Sigils for the class-exclusive instances?

Thanks for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Trimond297 on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Listen, we've had much combat entry Sigils in instances that are from main and side quests, and perhaps the non-combat entry Sigils we have and know there are more to arrive, but I've been thinking, why don't the class-based instances that have only one Pirate that chose their Pirate Class of choices have their entry Sigils that represent each of the game's classes?

I could imagine pirate class-based entry Sigils placed in locations, allowing more than one pirate that chose their class to enter and aid them in their class trainer quests to earn their new Powers in their upcoming class power quests to come.

The class-based entry Sigils for class-exclusive instances only would each have up to four pirates that have to be from the same class that they chose before they go in, and the Sigils' appearance would have to represent each of the game's available Pirate classes, Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Privateer, Musketeer, and Swashbuckler.

I just thought it would better enforce teamwork through Pirates that chose their classes. Doesn't impact the other normal Sigils in any other way.

What do you think of this suggestion? Would you, or anyone else, agree to let the game have class-based entry Sigils for the class-exclusive instances?

Thanks for listening!
That's a pretty neat and intriguing idea. I'd be interested to see that and to see what KI has to say about that being a possibility. Same class only sigils to work towards earning their new Powers or possibly new class specific gear and weapons, sounds very fascinating. Just seeing the sigils lit up with the class icons seems pretty amazing in and of itself. Interesting!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 20, 2014 wrote:
That's a pretty neat and intriguing idea. I'd be interested to see that and to see what KI has to say about that being a possibility. Same class only sigils to work towards earning their new Powers or possibly new class specific gear and weapons, sounds very fascinating. Just seeing the sigils lit up with the class icons seems pretty amazing in and of itself. Interesting!
Yes, it is. It would better bring in more teamwork for pirates that chose their class to accomplish their new Powers and/or other rewards, and that it would be much better for them to team up than for them to go for it all solo.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
This is such a great idea! I think that quests that are class specific should be done alone though for the first time done. But after you beat the quest once a sigil appears. This post gave me a great idea as well. On rare occasions, the circle that the first pirate goes on will show a pirate class and if you are that class, you would get some kind of small bonus like 10% more health. The longer and harder dungeons would have these a bit more commonly but once one is used it disappears like a chest.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
EMC99 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
This is such a great idea! I think that quests that are class specific should be done alone though for the first time done. But after you beat the quest once a sigil appears. This post gave me a great idea as well. On rare occasions, the circle that the first pirate goes on will show a pirate class and if you are that class, you would get some kind of small bonus like 10% more health. The longer and harder dungeons would have these a bit more commonly but once one is used it disappears like a chest.
Your ideas of benefits through them are fine, but I was thinking that the class-based Sigils would have Pirates from a specific class enter the instance only they go to and work together to accomplish challenges & receive their rewards.