Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate's Regatta bosses need dialogue speeches

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Throughout the whole nautical gauntlet, the Pirate's Regatta, I faced all the bosses there, and, hear this... NONE of them gave out dialogue speeches, both for taunting the Pirates for boarding their ships before broadside combat & for defeating them after combat during it's instance quest, "Corsair's Challenge". No wonder some say the Regatta is a bit dull.

The bosses that don't have their dialogue speeches for before & after combat are listed as follows...

1. Big Eye Bull
  2. Gnarly Mutt
  3. The Shellfisher
  4. Sand Castle Monkey
  5. Spirit of the Sea Foam

There's the list of that instance's bosses that have no dialogue speeches added. I hope you may add them in sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Throughout the whole nautical gauntlet, the Pirate's Regatta, I faced all the bosses there, and, hear this... NONE of them gave out dialogue speeches, both for taunting the Pirates for boarding their ships before broadside combat & for defeating them after combat during it's instance quest, "Corsair's Challenge". No wonder some say the Regatta is a bit dull.

The bosses that don't have their dialogue speeches for before & after combat are listed as follows...

1. Big Eye Bull
  2. Gnarly Mutt
  3. The Shellfisher
  4. Sand Castle Monkey

There's the list of that instance's bosses that have no dialogue speeches added. I hope you may add them in sometime soon.

Adding dialogue would do nothing for me, we're there to take part in a free-for-all against tough opponents, they're not there for revenge or because they have a link with the storyline ( unlike Moo ). Its a separate, stand alone instance for one purpose: LOOT.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

1. Big Eye Bull
  2. Gnarly Mutt
  3. The Shellfisher
  4. Sand Castle Monkey

This is a great idea which I think would be quick and easy to implement in the next update

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
Adding dialogue would do nothing for me, we're there to take part in a free-for-all against tough opponents, they're not there for revenge or because they have a link with the storyline ( unlike Moo ). Its a separate, stand alone instance for one purpose: LOOT.
Sure, but what's more invigorating than having side stories that focuses not on the main story arcs?

That instance quest does lack boss speech dialogue, and I know they're not there for revenge. They're here to compete against other nautical captains to gain plunder. Having boss dialogue speech may liven up that instance a bit.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think I tend to agree that some boss dialogue -- just popups -- would liven things up a bit and help people gauge where they are at in the grand scheme of the thing. Bosses simply boasting of their strength or intent to squash us like bugs is nothing new, after all.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It's good to remind you the actual point of the Regatta and quickly highlight the main boss on each of the ships, it's a great addition everyone will enjoy

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
I think I tend to agree that some boss dialogue -- just popups -- would liven things up a bit and help people gauge where they are at in the grand scheme of the thing. Bosses simply boasting of their strength or intent to squash us like bugs is nothing new, after all.

Yeah. Hearing bosses boast about their strength sure does help get people engaged in battles against them, even if they can be very egotistical about themselves. That makes some instances' stories hilarious.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 25, 2015 wrote:
It's good to remind you the actual point of the Regatta and quickly highlight the main boss on each of the ships, it's a great addition everyone will enjoy
Agreed. There's nothing more finer than livening up the plot of the Regatta's story about brawling your way to the top of the ranks. Having it's bosses speak will surely make the Regatta's plot more interesting. Hey, everyone may have a tendency to embark on a colossal nautical clash story once in a while.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Nah. They just need to die (horribly, if possible) and give us loot.