Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pirate101:Genetical revolution.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
so,why are most of the people in p101 animals...ok animal humanoids. but still technically animals. isnt it strange that subodai,kobe and bonnie have hands as well as very many other humanoids. and why is nobody a "confirmed" vegetarian. not saying any of them cant be vegans,but it's not confirmed. well what if i told you,that there was once,long before napouliguin. some day long ago,there was a genetical revolution that allowed humans to become human/animal genetical beings. it's possible most likely that it started in valencia. possibly,the same man who made the clockworks,could have made the same thing. i mean,it's more likely there than anywhere else,considering it's the most advanced out of all the worlds,not saying it's like OMG 2099,FLYING CARS ROBOTS ALIENS. but compare it to the other worlds,yes. it is the most advanced. the man,who i'll refer as "the toymaker" could have made a genetical revolution.(Heh heh,i said it,i said it.) anyways,their would be cells that once injected via shot,would turn you into an animal with gaining the powers of that animal,while still keeping some human apperances such as hands or human-ish eyes. and trust me,if you were in the spiral,who wouldnt wanna be one. it is mainly the reason why there is barely any humans in the game(excluding the players) greed. napoulieguin,who was argueably,the most greedy of them,wanted more power. so by taking over the spiral,he would be essentially,a god. the armada have another existance as well. they apparently also existed,they took the rest of animal genetics,and now,they own all of it. they've owned it for a while.so the armada is the most powerful thing in the spiral not just because they have powerful soldiers,it's because of what they own.
silver joseph vane
tim burton

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
so,why are most of the people in p101 animals...ok animal humanoids. but still technically animals. isnt it strange that subodai,kobe and bonnie have hands as well as very many other humanoids. and why is nobody a "confirmed" vegetarian. not saying any of them cant be vegans,but it's not confirmed. well what if i told you,that there was once,long before napouliguin. some day long ago,there was a genetical revolution that allowed humans to become human/animal genetical beings. it's possible most likely that it started in valencia. possibly,the same man who made the clockworks,could have made the same thing. i mean,it's more likely there than anywhere else,considering it's the most advanced out of all the worlds,not saying it's like OMG 2099,FLYING CARS ROBOTS ALIENS. but compare it to the other worlds,yes. it is the most advanced. the man,who i'll refer as "the toymaker" could have made a genetical revolution.(Heh heh,i said it,i said it.) anyways,their would be cells that once injected via shot,would turn you into an animal with gaining the powers of that animal,while still keeping some human apperances such as hands or human-ish eyes. and trust me,if you were in the spiral,who wouldnt wanna be one. it is mainly the reason why there is barely any humans in the game(excluding the players) greed. napoulieguin,who was argueably,the most greedy of them,wanted more power. so by taking over the spiral,he would be essentially,a god. the armada have another existance as well. they apparently also existed,they took the rest of animal genetics,and now,they own all of it. they've owned it for a while.so the armada is the most powerful thing in the spiral not just because they have powerful soldiers,it's because of what they own.
silver joseph vane
tim burton
That is a very creative thought process Joseph, but maybe not all that feasible. Please don't get upset, and please only view the following post as an educational opportunity.

I assume from your writing that you're probably still in elementary school, or maybe early highschool, so I will also assume that you have not learned very much about genetics, speciation, or evolution.

You see, with genetics, it is impossible to greatly alter the genetic structure of a fully developed being, whether animal or plant. Any alteration to a developed creature's genetic code results in either the mutation being cancelled out by the cell's natural genetic proofreaders, the cell mutating and becoming a cancerous cell, or simple cell death. So, altering a human into a humanoid cow, would be quite impossible.

Now, it is possible to alter the genetic code of a yet undeveloped embyro successfully, that has been done several times before for various research projects. But, again any large genetic change, like altering the morphology of the creature that dramatically, (i.e. from human to humanoid cow) would more than likely result in the death of the creature. And if the creature in question didn't die, then it would be horribly malformed.

Genetic changes occur slowly over many years, In fact, it is currently thought that it takes at least a full generation for any real genetic changes to become noticable. And, only small genetic changes occur at a time. For intance, it would be more likely for a rat's front paw to extend into a more human like hand, then for a human foot to suddenly change into a horse's hoof.

So, I expect, that if evolution is at the root of the different species of the Spiral, then the humanoid beings would never have been humans to begin with. Insteand, it is more likely that over centuries perhaps, Mooshu cows became humanoid cows, and developed their own societies and civilisations. We really have no idea just how old the Spiral is. But, with the amount of magic in the Spiral, perhaps evolution could proceed at far faster rate than it does in our universe.

Anyways, I don't think that the Toymaker is responsible for a genetic revolution that lead the rise of humanoid animals. In fact, I don't think that any of the spiral worlds we have seen so far even have the slightest idea about genes and genetics. Sure, Marleybone scientist might be somewhere around the same stage as Charles Darwin and Gregor Mendel in terms of understanding natural selection. But even they had no clue about genetics.