Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 for Phone!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
Ik KI is very busy with all of their games, but could you consider any time that is free, make this game for mobile devices? It would be hard, since all of the buttons on the screen, but you could put a menu button to go to those options. It would be nice to play pirate when I am in the car, my pc died, or at a party and I am just bored. Thx!

Ensign
Nov 08, 2015
JPDunn1119 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Ik KI is very busy with all of their games, but could you consider any time that is free, make this game for mobile devices? It would be hard, since all of the buttons on the screen, but you could put a menu button to go to those options. It would be nice to play pirate when I am in the car, my pc died, or at a party and I am just bored. Thx!
They can't do that because your device would probably explode under all the strain the game will put on it. Mobile devices are still not powerful enough for Wiz/Pirate.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
JPDunn1119 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Oh yeah, JPDunn1119!

I've considered this thought several times, and although I think it would be incredibly hard for all of the developers to develop something like that (you must understand that), I love the idea and I agree with you all the way!

In the Engineering Design Process (which is a step-by-step problem solving process to developing a new product or system), the first thing is to understand a need or problem.

Need or Problem:
We need a mobile app because we don't always have a laptop and plus, even if we did, if we're taking it somewhere, the battery would die and we also need to factor in WiFi and Internet connection.

Next step: Define requirements or constraints.

Requirements/Constraints:

It will be way hard on KingsIsle to develop another mobile game, and not just that, but also a mobile game that's based off of a computer game. Club Penguin did have a mobile app, but the computer game is not a 360º game similar to a "virtual world". You are in the game in Pirate101, but in Club Penguin it's an aerial view and you must click to a specific spot to get your penguin there, not to actually press the arrow key (or the WASD method) as if you're in the game! That's a definite constraint.

Next step: If there's something you were saying about the menu items, brainstorm ideas on how to combat those constraints. That is something KingsIsle will have to do on their own. The next steps are all on KingsIsle's behalf.

So, although you must understand that there's a lot to consider when designing, producing and developing a new mobile game that's based off a computer game, with enough motivation, determination and ways to support your theory KingsIsle will triumph in making a new mobile game for Pirate101! (I could almost say I'm counting on it, as I want this to become a reality as well!)

And if anyone sees a mistake in all that I stated here, please let me know. Vulnerability is at the heart of the process. Please let me know if I said anything inaccurate.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
BrahmShadow on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
They can't do that because your device would probably explode under all the strain the game will put on it. Mobile devices are still not powerful enough for Wiz/Pirate.
Welcome to the Message Boards, BrahmShadow!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
BrahmShadow on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
Actually an up to date tablet can smoothly run Pirate101, the game demands very little to run it

The fact is that porting Pirate101 is a waste of time, it's too hard to incorporate and remaster the controls for touch based gameplay and MMO's don't venture into the realm of iOS or android because of that, and even if Pirate101 did go mobile the controls would be so poor that people would hate the game