Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Island and Wizard City National Bank?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
I just thought of a good idea, an actual Bank to deposit extra gold into it, say for example we reach the maximum amount of gold on our Pirate characters on Pirate101 and on our Wizard characters on Wizard101 when we win a battle, where does all of that extra gold go to, NO WHERE, you end up losing it for good, but what if we had a place for that extra gold to go into, like a actual Bank and the extra gold continues build up and save up in that Pirate Island National Bank (Pirate101) and Wizard City National Bank (Wizard101) and whenever you need gold, just go to the Bank to make a with drawl and you get to choose how much you get to take out, anywhere from 1 piece of gold to the current maximum that you can carry on your pirate or wizard and you would still have gold to spare in that bank if you ever need it cause the gold amount in the bank would be unlimited and if you sell extra gear at the bazaar and are already at the maximum amount of gold you can carry, tbrahe gold will automatically go to your Pirate Island National Bank/Wizard City National Bank, there will even be an interest % increase added to it, like in real banks, a 2% increase in gold will be added to it, meaning 2 pieces of extra gold will be added to it whenever you don't take money out.

Sincerely,
Valdus Zabra lvl 54 Swashbuckler
Black Kai Zabra lvl 49 Witchdoctor
Arthur Landon lvl 21 Musketeer
Kai Mizzin lvl 11 Buccaneer
Sebastian Declarke lvl 3 Privateer

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Pikachu792x on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
I just thought of a good idea, an actual Bank to deposit extra gold into it, say for example we reach the maximum amount of gold on our Pirate characters on Pirate101 and on our Wizard characters on Wizard101 when we win a battle, where does all of that extra gold go to, NO WHERE, you end up losing it for good, but what if we had a place for that extra gold to go into, like a actual Bank and the extra gold continues build up and save up in that Pirate Island National Bank (Pirate101) and Wizard City National Bank (Wizard101) and whenever you need gold, just go to the Bank to make a with drawl and you get to choose how much you get to take out, anywhere from 1 piece of gold to the current maximum that you can carry on your pirate or wizard and you would still have gold to spare in that bank if you ever need it cause the gold amount in the bank would be unlimited and if you sell extra gear at the bazaar and are already at the maximum amount of gold you can carry, tbrahe gold will automatically go to your Pirate Island National Bank/Wizard City National Bank, there will even be an interest % increase added to it, like in real banks, a 2% increase in gold will be added to it, meaning 2 pieces of extra gold will be added to it whenever you don't take money out.

Sincerely,
Valdus Zabra lvl 54 Swashbuckler
Black Kai Zabra lvl 49 Witchdoctor
Arthur Landon lvl 21 Musketeer
Kai Mizzin lvl 11 Buccaneer
Sebastian Declarke lvl 3 Privateer
This is the perfect solution to the max gold problem if you can't buy anything else with it. Just store it into the bank so if you're like Kevin the Noob in Wizard101, you can pull out some Gold and give it to a noob wiz or any wiz that needs gold, vice-versa.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
This is the perfect solution to the max gold problem if you can't buy anything else with it. Just store it into the bank so if you're like Kevin the Noob in Wizard101, you can pull out some Gold and give it to a noob wiz or any wiz that needs gold, vice-versa.
Um, NO I don't think so, when the extra gold goes into the bank, it is only meant for you and you alone, you wont be able to give your gold to anyone else, the gold belongs to you only.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hmm all this stashed gold stuff is starting to make you sound a bit greedy. Not saying you are, just that it sounds like it is heading that way. Maybe an excess of gold is not always a good thing. Just ask King Midas.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I'm sorry, but I don't think this idea would work out. In-game "trolls" would just go to the bank then take out the max amount of money, so that people who actually needed it wouldn't be able to get it.

I think a similar solution to this problem would be that either there is a "Gold" section of the shared bank, so that you can deposit/withdraw money between your own characters.

Even if you could only exchange money with friends, this might encourage hacking because right now there is no reason to hack because there's nothing that could be given to the other player.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't think this idea would work out. In-game "trolls" would just go to the bank then take out the max amount of money, so that people who actually needed it wouldn't be able to get it.

I think a similar solution to this problem would be that either there is a "Gold" section of the shared bank, so that you can deposit/withdraw money between your own characters.

Even if you could only exchange money with friends, this might encourage hacking because right now there is no reason to hack because there's nothing that could be given to the other player.
It would be the extra gold that your pirate has earned during quests and gear that you sold at the bazaar, that gold would get transferred to the bank account if your pirate is already at maximum gold, and if you think that the bank meant the one in your house, that's the bank that I am not talking about, this bank would be in a separate building, kind of like the bank at cool ranch, and if you read my first posting of this idea of mine, the bank account would work only to a SPECIFIC PIRATE, not to your other pirates that YOU made say for example my Swashbuckler Valdus Zabra, the bank account would be assigned to that name only and none of your other pirates would be able to access it, just like a real world bank account that would be under your REAL name at a REAL bank and NO EXCHANGES WILL BE MADE TO FRIENDS, FAMILY, ETC.

Now no more details on how this idea works ok, I am getting a headache on trying to explain this idea.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Pikachu792x on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
It would be the extra gold that your pirate has earned during quests and gear that you sold at the bazaar, that gold would get transferred to the bank account if your pirate is already at maximum gold, and if you think that the bank meant the one in your house, that's the bank that I am not talking about, this bank would be in a separate building, kind of like the bank at cool ranch, and if you read my first posting of this idea of mine, the bank account would work only to a SPECIFIC PIRATE, not to your other pirates that YOU made say for example my Swashbuckler Valdus Zabra, the bank account would be assigned to that name only and none of your other pirates would be able to access it, just like a real world bank account that would be under your REAL name at a REAL bank and NO EXCHANGES WILL BE MADE TO FRIENDS, FAMILY, ETC.

Now no more details on how this idea works ok, I am getting a headache on trying to explain this idea.
I know that's not what you meant. I was suggesting a different idea because I misunderstood what you meant in the first post.

I thought you meant it was a public bank ("account") that anyone could deposit and withdraw from. I was suggesting a different idea because I thought that people would take out money they didn't need so others wouldn't be able to get it.

I'm still not sure if your idea will get implemented since this would require design and construction of an entire new building in the already-crowded main worlds of the games. I think that this is basically the same thing as having two sets of gold, and could be worked around by simply raising (or removing) the gold cap.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I know that's not what you meant. I was suggesting a different idea because I misunderstood what you meant in the first post.

I thought you meant it was a public bank ("account") that anyone could deposit and withdraw from. I was suggesting a different idea because I thought that people would take out money they didn't need so others wouldn't be able to get it.

I'm still not sure if your idea will get implemented since this would require design and construction of an entire new building in the already-crowded main worlds of the games. I think that this is basically the same thing as having two sets of gold, and could be worked around by simply raising (or removing) the gold cap.
It is a public bank, it is for everyone, the account will just be under your specific pirate name like for example, Valdus Zabra lvl 54 Swashbuckler, and I understand that will be pirates who might have the same class and names, but I think there is a way to overcome that issue, what if we have bank account numbers (kind of like with drawl slips) also, when we open the account we get assigned a group of numbers and that will be the only time we be able to use numbers and we have to type in those number onto the withdrawl slip, so that way the bank account wouldn't get confused with pirates that might have the same name, same pirate class, and same pirate lvl.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Although it is a good idea and I understand your point (hey, we all need to get rid of a little gold we don't wanna spend), but KI stated at launch the they don't have the means of trading items from Wizard101 to Pirate101 and vice versa. Now trading gold between pirates and trading gold between wizards are something different. KI can do that, but they probably ran out of bandwidth so they couldn't do it in the last update. (Sorry if anything is off point, but I didn't feel like reading an essay so I just skimmed the passage )

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
coolster50 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Although it is a good idea and I understand your point (hey, we all need to get rid of a little gold we don't wanna spend), but KI stated at launch the they don't have the means of trading items from Wizard101 to Pirate101 and vice versa. Now trading gold between pirates and trading gold between wizards are something different. KI can do that, but they probably ran out of bandwidth so they couldn't do it in the last update. (Sorry if anything is off point, but I didn't feel like reading an essay so I just skimmed the passage )
maybe you shouldn't have skimmed, you should have read it before you decided to put something on here, that's how you get an idea of what to say, you read the main message first and then you type what you think of the idea.

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Maybe you could also take out loans from the bank. Like if you wanted to train your companions or upgrade your ship, to defeat something, you could borrow the required gold, defeat the enemy, claim the reward, and the gold you receive automatically goes to the bank, and you don't receive gold in your inventory until it is paid off. It would be very useful if you're trying to defeat a boss, complete a dungeon, upgrade your ship, train your companions, or buy something really cool. But that be like having unlimited gold, so you could only take out a limited amount, and it increases as you level up (stuff gets more expensive) and you can't take out another loan until you pay that one back, and it could only be used by members.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Pikachu792x on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
It is a public bank, it is for everyone, the account will just be under your specific pirate name like for example, Valdus Zabra lvl 54 Swashbuckler, and I understand that will be pirates who might have the same class and names, but I think there is a way to overcome that issue, what if we have bank account numbers (kind of like with drawl slips) also, when we open the account we get assigned a group of numbers and that will be the only time we be able to use numbers and we have to type in those number onto the withdrawl slip, so that way the bank account wouldn't get confused with pirates that might have the same name, same pirate class, and same pirate lvl.
I know, but this seems like it is just more gold storage, which could easily be replaced by making the gold cap higher.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I know, but this seems like it is just more gold storage, which could easily be replaced by making the gold cap higher.
the only problem with what you just said Pirates in the Sky is that KI only raises it when they bring out a new world and they only raise the gold cap to about 100,000 for each new world, its the same way in wizard101.