Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Galley side activity

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Given that food on ships is so important to morale (good food=loyal crew & good recruits, Bad enough food= mutiny), I thought a ship galley could be a way to add a side activity. The pet vendors all seem to sell the same food, no matter where they are. Perhaps they could sell snack recipes for the world the vendor is in. Then we could cook it up in our ship's galley, after obtaining ingredients. It would be nice for those pets with more unusual taste in food. Maybe we could cook up other things too?
Any thoughts on activities that would fit with a galley theme?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
Given that food on ships is so important to morale (good food=loyal crew & good recruits, Bad enough food= mutiny), I thought a ship galley could be a way to add a side activity. The pet vendors all seem to sell the same food, no matter where they are. Perhaps they could sell snack recipes for the world the vendor is in. Then we could cook it up in our ship's galley, after obtaining ingredients. It would be nice for those pets with more unusual taste in food. Maybe we could cook up other things too?
Hmm, I like this idea. Make custom recipes that will boost whatever stat you are looking for or a particular stat your pet has. For instance, if your pet is a good healer and you are going into a boss fight, you could feed your pet some healing boost and extra resistance foods to help them help your crew better. Sounds fun and gives a good reason to revisit older areas of the game to obtain recipes or ingredients.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Clever idea except...

It would work the opposite for your Kurga companions.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Great idea - we have been teased with Crafting since the game was released...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A lot of pets love Skull Island sides and desserts, but I find it harder to feed pets their favorite dishes when they love things like Mooshu main dishes, for example. Snacks like that rarely seem to show up, even in pet wrangling. It takes a lot longer to get those ones to full power when feeding them merely liked snacks. It'd be nice to be able to cook up some food for the fussy pets.
Do you think doubloons should be able to be cooked up? Since we can only feed pets when they finish training, it might be easier to fit Chrissy's idea in with doubloons. Pet doubloons maybe? I was trying to think of something that would not be exactly the same as Wizard crafting, but be a similar activity for players. It would have to be something that has a reward that would make it worth the time pirates would put in. What would make this activity a good fit for Pirate, without being Wizard crafting, in a cauldron? I like the idea of a galley side activity, but it needs brainstorming. Should we be fighting batacuda for ingredients? Finding seaweed floating in the skyways? Something else? Would we need to get our ingredients between the worlds? (lovely weird areas that we don't visit often enough, but pass through). What should the rewards be? Do we need a cook? Would crew tasks be involved?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
That would be great, Calamity!

I'm still cracking up about what you said. "good food=loyal crew & good recruits, Bad enough food= mutiny." I love the idea of cooking in Pirate101! In fact, I already have a restaurant at my Pirate101 House called The Captain's Cove, which I mentioned about in a reply to your topic, What's Cooking at the Taverns?

It sounds like a great idea.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer