Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Petty Requests from a petty pirate

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
1.) Bag closing thanks to dialogue, stop this.

Have you ever done a moo run or something, and you are in the process of clearing your bag from trash, or organizing doubloons or what not? While you are in the middle of this a team member goes and waits in the next floor of the tower, and this activates some dialogue from the monkey king- "ah Moo I see blah blah blah..."- and your bag automatically closes just so you can listen to his dialogue? I find this extremely frustrating. I want to organize my stuff FIRST, not listen to mundane dialogue for the 100th time. This is also gets more annoying at times as I have to trash fast thanks to pirates who like to rush into fights. The dialogue can come after I close my bag, or play in the background or whatever.

2.) Old Cosmetic glitches have no importance, whilst new ones are immediately fixed.

The recent giraffe/unicorn hairstyles had some cosmetic problems, p101 fixed them fast. Old glitches, such as the, ahem you guessed it, TIGER CLAW's being invisible in normal, unmounted, non-battle situations, have not even been considered worthy of fixing. This is probably one of the rarest, uniquest and coolest looking weapons in the game, at it is invisible still after 4 years?
[fyi for those who actually care- https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/important-history-lesson-8ad6a4245e7a51ec015ebcf357b702b2?page=1 ]

There are plenty of other annoying stuff too. Aquilan caped heavy armor makes weapons placed on the pirates back (i.e Dragoon Greatsword, Dragon Axe of Doom) are also invisible. Please fix these old issues as well, not just new ones.
It reminds me of FIFO in accounting.

3.) More Member benefits

4.) Adjust Pirate Body Position when wearing Clockwork Wings.

The new winged mounts have done it right. Our pirates look like angels/demons, and our body position is normal. The clockwork wings, while very cool... well... our body position is not normal. We are extremely hunched, our arms are hanging out like its disabled (kind of like a zombie) and its not too fun to look at. If you make us have the same body position as the new wings when wearing the clockwork wings that would be great.

5.) Badge Award Request- 100x moo runs, or kane runs, or smugglers runs.

These badges are arguably the hardest ones in the game. They are a sign of effort, spirit and determination. They should be nicely rewarded at 100 runs. Perhaps a cool rare mount/weapon + new pirate effect (like halo, nefarious eyes) would be nice.

6.) Better Chat Filter

Me and RZ (Two-Faced Dino/Aurora Clegg) have found tremendous amounts of loopholes in the filter. Granted this would be hard to stop as people will always find a way to say bad words (i.e. Tyrone... )

peace.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
1.) Bag closing thanks to dialogue, stop this.

Have you ever done a moo run or something, and you are in the process of clearing your bag from trash, or organizing doubloons or what not? While you are in the middle of this a team member goes and waits in the next floor of the tower, and this activates some dialogue from the monkey king- "ah Moo I see blah blah blah..."- and your bag automatically closes just so you can listen to his dialogue? I find this extremely frustrating. I want to organize my stuff FIRST, not listen to mundane dialogue for the 100th time. This is also gets more annoying at times as I have to trash fast thanks to pirates who like to rush into fights. The dialogue can come after I close my bag, or play in the background or whatever.

2.) Old Cosmetic glitches have no importance, whilst new ones are immediately fixed.

The recent giraffe/unicorn hairstyles had some cosmetic problems, p101 fixed them fast. Old glitches, such as the, ahem you guessed it, TIGER CLAW's being invisible in normal, unmounted, non-battle situations, have not even been considered worthy of fixing. This is probably one of the rarest, uniquest and coolest looking weapons in the game, at it is invisible still after 4 years?
[fyi for those who actually care- https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/important-history-lesson-8ad6a4245e7a51ec015ebcf357b702b2?page=1 ]

There are plenty of other annoying stuff too. Aquilan caped heavy armor makes weapons placed on the pirates back (i.e Dragoon Greatsword, Dragon Axe of Doom) are also invisible. Please fix these old issues as well, not just new ones.
It reminds me of FIFO in accounting.

3.) More Member benefits

4.) Adjust Pirate Body Position when wearing Clockwork Wings.

The new winged mounts have done it right. Our pirates look like angels/demons, and our body position is normal. The clockwork wings, while very cool... well... our body position is not normal. We are extremely hunched, our arms are hanging out like its disabled (kind of like a zombie) and its not too fun to look at. If you make us have the same body position as the new wings when wearing the clockwork wings that would be great.

5.) Badge Award Request- 100x moo runs, or kane runs, or smugglers runs.

These badges are arguably the hardest ones in the game. They are a sign of effort, spirit and determination. They should be nicely rewarded at 100 runs. Perhaps a cool rare mount/weapon + new pirate effect (like halo, nefarious eyes) would be nice.

6.) Better Chat Filter

Me and RZ (Two-Faced Dino/Aurora Clegg) have found tremendous amounts of loopholes in the filter. Granted this would be hard to stop as people will always find a way to say bad words (i.e. Tyrone... )

peace.
Those are some interesting points, and I agree with most.
1. Save clearing out your backpack until your dungeon run is over. If you think your backpack space is getting too full, then sell off/trash items before entering a dungeon.
2. There is one cosmetic glitch I would wish was fixed in the next update - the Spiral Galleon glitched figurehead that leaves the bowsprit sail hanging in midair.
3. Agreed, more member benefits would attract more memberships.
4. I never noticed anything wrong with body position, it seems pretty similar. It's hardly worth the trouble to go back and reprogram a mount if everything else works as it should.
5. Yes, but I don't want Nefarious eyes because that is rewarded for drinking the Elixir and comes with a disadvantage when fighting Moo. The Halo effect is currently for doing 2,000 team up runs. Something else should be awarded instead.
6. The more stringent and harder you make filtered chat, the harder it would become to communicate at all. Leave the filter as it is and just report those abusing it. This way the guilty get punished and the innocent are free to speak.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i highly enjoyed following the links of the history lesson lol

is it possible the more recent a coding appearance glitch is, the easier it is to find and fix?

and if they ever do fix it maybe add a cool power to it either a walk in shadows card or something new like stealth strike? go invisible for one turn and melee strike at same time? idk just be neat to signify the glitch was fixed while honoring the cute history of the entire situation <3 plus having a sabor-strike power would be a reward for those that stuck it out as well as those who will then want to farm this amazingly shiny and cool looking weapon imo.. but im a weapon fanatic.. pirate weapons are my personal krytonite anyways lol xD

stormy jen silver

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 25, 2018 wrote:
i highly enjoyed following the links of the history lesson lol

is it possible the more recent a coding appearance glitch is, the easier it is to find and fix?

and if they ever do fix it maybe add a cool power to it either a walk in shadows card or something new like stealth strike? go invisible for one turn and melee strike at same time? idk just be neat to signify the glitch was fixed while honoring the cute history of the entire situation <3 plus having a sabor-strike power would be a reward for those that stuck it out as well as those who will then want to farm this amazingly shiny and cool looking weapon imo.. but im a weapon fanatic.. pirate weapons are my personal krytonite anyways lol xD

stormy jen silver
YES YES YES Tiger claws should have a unique saber power. I it. But first KI should actually make it visible.

Before I post more petty ideas I would like to clarify one thing with Anecorbie-
  • On point number 5, I do not want a combination of N5 eyes + Halo. I was just listing examples of what pirate effects are so people would not get confused. A new I would want effect would be Imperial Legend- A combination of N5 eyes (because I think it still works since we are dealing with Moo) and one hand mastering the element of fire, the other ice (showing you mastered fighting against infernal wave + frozen tide)

Now more Petty Ideas, which will probably be archived and forgotten.

7.) Increase Valencian Vocab for text chat players

Quite a lot of Kane Gear can not be pronounced. These words should be added into the game's dictionary.

8.) W101 rewards in P101

This is not my idea, someone posted this a long time ago on these boards, but I want to say it again cause its amazing. The basic idea is to drag more W101 players and make them play p101, thereby increasing the game base and revenue for KI. How?

Give them various awards. I.e for reaching Level 70 on a pirate, you get this cool, rare, super powerful staff or whatever w101 does. For reaching Level 70 on 5 pirates, you get this AMAZING pack which gives a Unique House + mount + companion/cards whatever w101 does idk. Of course there will be more basic awards as well, I.e creating a pirate etc. But the harder ones will give greater rewards.

I would say do the converse as well, i.e pirates get awards for playing wizard, but I wouldn't do it just yet. We want p101 base to increase a healthy bit before doing this.

9.) I forgot. But I will post it If i remember.