Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Petition to Remove the Bedrest Mechanic/Miracle Mitch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 22, 2011
At higher levels, a seven hour wait time on fallen companions is more like a penalty than a challenge. It makes the game unplayable knowing that, at least for me, I only have a select 3-4 companions that are good in battle at one time because training points are few and far between unless I go broke trying to train everyone up. But then I can't afford Miracle Mitch's services, which is 30k a pop in higher levels. Essentially the message with this mechanic is, "Don't lose your companions in a fight, lol" rather than an actual challenge.

If Miracle Mitch was actually fair, that would be one thing, but we all know he's not. ~30k per companion is way too expensive, and with three downed companions at one time, that adds up to 90k, which I doubt many of us would have readily available. I sure as heck don't.

So this is a petition to bring back the Life Fountain system for the Pirate's companions and remove Bedrest/Miracle Mitch. It would save a lot of time and energy for the player. Let's be real here, who has 7 hours to wait just to be able to actually start questing again? Like I said before, I sure as heck don't.

Please, KI, bring back the life fountain system for the companions as well.

-Sincerely, a frustrated Buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DestinyTheLifeWiza... on Dec 20, 2020 wrote:
At higher levels, a seven hour wait time on fallen companions is more like a penalty than a challenge. It makes the game unplayable knowing that, at least for me, I only have a select 3-4 companions that are good in battle at one time because training points are few and far between unless I go broke trying to train everyone up. But then I can't afford Miracle Mitch's services, which is 30k a pop in higher levels. Essentially the message with this mechanic is, "Don't lose your companions in a fight, lol" rather than an actual challenge.

If Miracle Mitch was actually fair, that would be one thing, but we all know he's not. ~30k per companion is way too expensive, and with three downed companions at one time, that adds up to 90k, which I doubt many of us would have readily available. I sure as heck don't.

So this is a petition to bring back the Life Fountain system for the Pirate's companions and remove Bedrest/Miracle Mitch. It would save a lot of time and energy for the player. Let's be real here, who has 7 hours to wait just to be able to actually start questing again? Like I said before, I sure as heck don't.

Well, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, DestinyTheLifeWizard, for many reasons.
1. Even if you ignore your companions on the second page, you have 16 companions on the first page to use. And I know (because I have max Buccaneer pirates) that those companions are very good..
2. As a higher level pirate, you also have the ability to gain the gold needed for Miracle Mitch or training tomes.
3. If certain companions are lagging behind, set them to tasks that gain you gold (plunderin' wranglin' or scavengin') you can sell the surplus from the later tasks for gold. Or you can set them to brawlin' for their own experience.
4. Use them wounded - the only thing affected is their health. With the first bandaid they have lost only 10% of their health. You can also shield them when they are in danger.

5. If you are seeing a pattern in certain fights that defeat your favorite companions, you might want to consider using different companions, a mix of musketeer, privateer or swashbuckler can save your crew.
I have loved the advanced companions from the first, this has made the game more interesting and adds a needed challenge to a game that is otherwise easy.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
DestinyTheLifeWiza... on Dec 20, 2020 wrote:

Actually, the challenge comes from using different companions, who require different tactics. Your less-favored companions could very easily be brawlin' when you're not using them, and to be honest, there's plenty of companions to play with even if 1/4 of your team is brawlin'.

I'd stop using the favored few strategy because as you move along what worked in the lower level battles isn't going to fly in some of the later ones. Seriously.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sadly, this is a recurring theme over the years, and I don't know why. Time and again, there are players who get frustrated trying to make their way through the game with the same team of companions they think are the "best" even though they have dozens of other companions they could try to use.

I don't know if this is because they are hearing this as "good advice" from other players in the game, or what, but it may be one of the obstacles the team are dealing with in any attempt at updating the game.

If players are not somehow repeatedly encouraged/reminded/advised to utilize different teams for different situations, they will never develop new strategies for the higher level worlds. They end up blaming the battle mechanics rather than using them to their advantage. Perhaps the relevant Boochbeard & Gandry Tutorial Tip should be made as a recurring critical tip when a player has more than three or four companions defeated in a battle.

I thought half the point of playing a game such as this is to figure out how it works and succeed, not complain that the way it works should be changed to make it the way someone else wants it to be.