Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 15, 2012
I would like to see our pets have a specific talent that seperates them from each other. It would also be nice to have them get additional talents as they level. I have 5 or 6 pets and I just keep all but one in my bank because there's no point in having more than 1 pet.

Community Leader
Silverlock67 on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
I would like to see our pets have a specific talent that seperates them from each other. It would also be nice to have them get additional talents as they level. I have 5 or 6 pets and I just keep all but one in my bank because there's no point in having more than 1 pet.
The pets do have different Epic talents. For example, the Tawny Turtle has vengeance strike whereas the White tailed Jackalope has cheap shot.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 31, 2010
Personally, I'd like it if there was a way to tell what powers/talents a pet has without basically taking them into combat and hoping you recognize when/if they do anything unusual. It would also be nice if they could eventually gain additional talents or even just a higher chance of showing up in combat. But that seems unlikely to happen unless we get a "pet training" system like the wizards do. (And if such a system ever happens, I'd be willing to bet that part of the change would be that pets no longer level up automatically.)

At the moment, with the way the UI is set up, there isn't any obvious reason to use one pet over another. Yes, the current pets all seem to get a different talent. But there's no way to tell in advance what that talent is. My current character is a Witchdoctor that has an Ebon Specter from the crown shop. Over the course of the game, I've gotten a White Tailed Jackelope as a badge reward, and two chameleons and a Stingtail Scorpion as drops. (No idea where they dropped. In fact, I didn't even know I had them until I noticed I'd gotten the Whitetail badge and went to the pets tab to see what silly name it was stuck with.) Even if I knew I had them, there isn't any obvious reason to pick one pet over another, other than looks.

Community Leader
This seems like it would be simple, but its one of the reasons that pets are tradeable, and companions are not.

Most players have more than one pirate, and enjoy the fact that we can share pets among all our pirates, so there is definately a use for more than one pet unless you want to constantly switch/trade them.

A pets level varies depending on what pirate has it at the time, and since pets are tradable (lets not do anything to change this!) having their talents vary may be complicated unless they were "set" talents for each pet and the current level.

Eventually they will probably change the pet system into something more advanced like in Wizards, but im in not hurry for that!.

I like changing my pets around just for variety, and if their function varied a great deal it might take away from this.

I would personally like a way to let my pets go around the homestead!!! They want to run, not suffer in my pirates banks/backpack.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Personally i would like to have some pet pannel in wich we could see pet stats (like main stat, atm the only way for me to discover it, beside of googling, is to launch a Great Juju) and talents .