Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Penalty for fleeing dungeons needs to be dropped

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Although I am all in favor of penalizing players who flee dungeons/combat the reality of the situation is that over 90% of the time those who are penalized for fleeing lost connection or their game crashed which hurts not only them but also their team. I am so tired of losing my companions in game crashes and so tired of coming back at one health and also so very tired of not being able to continue in my dungeons when I either lose connection or my game crashes as such crashes closes the dungeons including the dungeon timer.

All of the above are issues that need addressed and fixed before anything such as penalties for fleeing ought to have even been imposed.

I just wasted an hour and a half in a long dungeon solo as I crashed on the last fight of which I was easily winning. I log back in all my companions are dead and the dungeon is closed. What horrible programming. Needs fixed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
Although I am all in favor of penalizing players who flee dungeons/combat the reality of the situation is that over 90% of the time those who are penalized for fleeing lost connection or their game crashed which hurts not only them but also their team. I am so tired of losing my companions in game crashes and so tired of coming back at one health and also so very tired of not being able to continue in my dungeons when I either lose connection or my game crashes as such crashes closes the dungeons including the dungeon timer.

All of the above are issues that need addressed and fixed before anything such as penalties for fleeing ought to have even been imposed.

I just wasted an hour and a half in a long dungeon solo as I crashed on the last fight of which I was easily winning. I log back in all my companions are dead and the dungeon is closed. What horrible programming. Needs fixed.
How can a programmer code the game to tell the difference of a computer crash/disconnect from a flee? If this were possible and the programmers did this, players would disconnect all the time when they encounter trouble and don't want their companions on bed rest.
If the game is crashing so much for you, then I suggest the problem is on your end, with your computer. You should have it checked by a professional to discover the real problem.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
How can a programmer code the game to tell the difference of a computer crash/disconnect from a flee? If this were possible and the programmers did this, players would disconnect all the time when they encounter trouble and don't want their companions on bed rest.
If the game is crashing so much for you, then I suggest the problem is on your end, with your computer. You should have it checked by a professional to discover the real problem.
If that can not be told the difference than the penalties need to be dropped as over 90% of the time the system punishes the wrong people. Countless times you see people start a group dungeon with zero health cause they were in a fight when the instance finally filled up and began, their penalty of starting at 1 healthy simply cause they had to wait 20 minutes or so for an instance to begin is awful. Being in a fight and suddenly getting a broken link to a few seconds later have an unbroken link but start over at other side of the table with one health also occurs way too often. A whole lot of other stuff like that constantly hits players as they play, and all those penalties cause someone might flee a fight if they have no penalties from it or might flee immediately upon getting into a dungeon cause they can't stand someone else that is in the group or cause the group isn't full andy they don't want to run it unless it actually is. if people don't get along then I'd prefer them to flee at the start so I don't have to listen to their bickering and don't have to put one or both upon my ignore list.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
If that can not be told the difference than the penalties need to be dropped as over 90% of the time the system punishes the wrong people. Countless times you see people start a group dungeon with zero health cause they were in a fight when the instance finally filled up and began, their penalty of starting at 1 healthy simply cause they had to wait 20 minutes or so for an instance to begin is awful. Being in a fight and suddenly getting a broken link to a few seconds later have an unbroken link but start over at other side of the table with one health also occurs way too often. A whole lot of other stuff like that constantly hits players as they play, and all those penalties cause someone might flee a fight if they have no penalties from it or might flee immediately upon getting into a dungeon cause they can't stand someone else that is in the group or cause the group isn't full andy they don't want to run it unless it actually is. if people don't get along then I'd prefer them to flee at the start so I don't have to listen to their bickering and don't have to put one or both upon my ignore list.
If they're in a battle while they're waiting for a team-up, then they have the option of NOT going in. You get a pop-up asking you to confirm. If they confirm, then they get pulled into the dungeon with1 health and bed rest companions.
The best thing is to NOT engage in a battle while you're in a team-up.
I question that this is happening "90%" of the time ( maybe to you it is ) but I have rarely seen this in a team-up ( only once in the Tower of Moo Manchu. )

I realize that there are some players who "don't play nicely with others"; check out my post "Towering Personalities" if you want to meet some interesting social misfits.
But fleeing a dungeon/battle shouldn't be an excuse to remove that penalty; a flee is a defeat. You didn't fight that enemy, you ran away from them, therefore they won & you lost.