For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Peg Leg Shoes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 05, 2015
2
I've noticed that there are a couple of melee weapons that give the pirate a hook hand when equipped, so I wondered, why aren't there any shoes that give a peg leg? Three things that you think of when you think of pirates, eye patches, hook hands, and peg legs. We've got eye patches and hook hands, so why don't we have peg legs? In reality, the only character who has a peg leg is Ratbeard, why shouldn't the players get to have a peg leg

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10270
BlackCharizard75 on May 18, 2017 wrote:
I've noticed that there are a couple of melee weapons that give the pirate a hook hand when equipped, so I wondered, why aren't there any shoes that give a peg leg? Three things that you think of when you think of pirates, eye patches, hook hands, and peg legs. We've got eye patches and hook hands, so why don't we have peg legs? In reality, the only character who has a peg leg is Ratbeard, why shouldn't the players get to have a peg leg
I completely agree! Dead Mike and S.M. Arson also have peg legs.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
BlackCharizard75 on May 18, 2017 wrote:
I've noticed that there are a couple of melee weapons that give the pirate a hook hand when equipped, so I wondered, why aren't there any shoes that give a peg leg? Three things that you think of when you think of pirates, eye patches, hook hands, and peg legs. We've got eye patches and hook hands, so why don't we have peg legs? In reality, the only character who has a peg leg is Ratbeard, why shouldn't the players get to have a peg leg
I love the idea!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 11 Musketeer


(Lucy Sterling: Hello, Mr. Arson and Mr. McCarthy. How may I assist you today at A Pirate's Life for Me?
S.M. Arson: Hello. We want a peg leg each.
Lucy: Sure thing, sir!

*Next day.*
Dead Mike: We want our money back. The leg's too loose.
Lucy: Erm... It's supposed to be one size fits all?)

Ensign
Jan 30, 2017
11
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Nice idea, but there are rendering problems.

Eye patches, as you should know, were worn by pirates not because they lost an eye, but to preserve the night vision in one eye during the day, for when they have to go below deck where there is no light. This was important when operating the cannons. Creating an eye patch that covers a good eye is simple to render.

Hook hands? Notice that the hand with a hook is longer than the other hand. The hook "hilt" covers the hand.

Peg leg? You can't hide a foot inside a peg leg. They would have to have something to hide the leg while at the same time show the peg leg. Tricky business. Try it on Second Life if you have that. It isn't easy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10270
Max DeGroot on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Nice idea, but there are rendering problems.

Eye patches, as you should know, were worn by pirates not because they lost an eye, but to preserve the night vision in one eye during the day, for when they have to go below deck where there is no light. This was important when operating the cannons. Creating an eye patch that covers a good eye is simple to render.

Hook hands? Notice that the hand with a hook is longer than the other hand. The hook "hilt" covers the hand.

Peg leg? You can't hide a foot inside a peg leg. They would have to have something to hide the leg while at the same time show the peg leg. Tricky business. Try it on Second Life if you have that. It isn't easy.
As I recall, Free Realms had a peg leg for pirates; the foot "disappeared" when wearing it. I conclude that there would be no problems for artists & coders to develop a "hide left leg" appearance. Or alternatively a peg leg similar to the one worn by S.M. Arson which includes a shoe.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
837
Max DeGroot on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Nice idea, but there are rendering problems.

Eye patches, as you should know, were worn by pirates not because they lost an eye, but to preserve the night vision in one eye during the day, for when they have to go below deck where there is no light. This was important when operating the cannons. Creating an eye patch that covers a good eye is simple to render.

Hook hands? Notice that the hand with a hook is longer than the other hand. The hook "hilt" covers the hand.

Peg leg? You can't hide a foot inside a peg leg. They would have to have something to hide the leg while at the same time show the peg leg. Tricky business. Try it on Second Life if you have that. It isn't easy.
Put pegleg inside leg, make leg completely clear, pegleg isn't clear, leg is clear, problem solved

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
zuto4011a on May 21, 2017 wrote:
Put pegleg inside leg, make leg completely clear, pegleg isn't clear, leg is clear, problem solved
Yeah, that's how it's one on Second Life. The question is: Does the KI graphic engine allow that for only PART of a body? I'm betting that it can't.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
837
Max DeGroot on May 21, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, that's how it's one on Second Life. The question is: Does the KI graphic engine allow that for only PART of a body? I'm betting that it can't.
so what your saying is they need to improve the graphics significantly? i'm onboard with that

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10270
Max DeGroot on May 21, 2017 wrote:
Yeah, that's how it's one on Second Life. The question is: Does the KI graphic engine allow that for only PART of a body? I'm betting that it can't.
I'll take that bet! I'm guessing that KI graphic engine could easily handle this request.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on May 22, 2017 wrote:
I'll take that bet! I'm guessing that KI graphic engine could easily handle this request.
It just seems to me that a peg leg is so OBVIOUS an accessory for a pirate, that if KI could make one, they WOULD have.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10270
Max DeGroot on May 24, 2017 wrote:
It just seems to me that a peg leg is so OBVIOUS an accessory for a pirate, that if KI could make one, they WOULD have.
And yet they waited a year and a half to add eyepatches ( and a bit later for eyepatches with stats/powers. )

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
591
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on May 25, 2017 wrote:
And yet they waited a year and a half to add eyepatches ( and a bit later for eyepatches with stats/powers. )
That did not require hiding anything, just another point of attachment. Note that that spot is used not only for eyepatches but earrings as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10270
Max DeGroot on May 31, 2017 wrote:
That did not require hiding anything, just another point of attachment. Note that that spot is used not only for eyepatches but earrings as well.
If KI likes this idea & enough ask for it - then they will find a way ( they're smart like that. )