Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Party Room Housing Addition - A Report

1
AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Thank you so much, KI, for creating & placing this housing addition in the crown shop. If none of you have seen this new housing add-on, I would suggest that you take a look at mine. I placed mine in my ship, ( Halloween Galleon, the Screaming Skull ) it will be there all October. If you see that I'm on line, don't be shy, go to Skull Island docks and visit my ship - it won't be locked, so invite friends.
There is a treasure chest that gives gold ( that's all I've received so far ) and there seems to be a short spawn time for the chest. There is a cool down time of at least an hour, so no-one will be grabbing all the goodies when you host parties.
Plus Group Plunder Chests show up frequently and give good level Doubloons and sometimes gear.
The great thing about this addition is it's affordablity, 1500 crowns.
I think it's definitely worth it!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
159
anecorbie on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
Thank you so much, KI, for creating & placing this housing addition in the crown shop. If none of you have seen this new housing add-on, I would suggest that you take a look at mine. I placed mine in my ship, ( Halloween Galleon, the Screaming Skull ) it will be there all October. If you see that I'm on line, don't be shy, go to Skull Island docks and visit my ship - it won't be locked, so invite friends.
There is a treasure chest that gives gold ( that's all I've received so far ) and there seems to be a short spawn time for the chest. There is a cool down time of at least an hour, so no-one will be grabbing all the goodies when you host parties.
Plus Group Plunder Chests show up frequently and give good level Doubloons and sometimes gear.
The great thing about this addition is it's affordablity, 1500 crowns.
I think it's definitely worth it!
Or players could also look at MY Party Room since I bought it too, along with all the other new stuff that Kingsisle added for Pirate101's 5th birthday. I buy everything because I have an eye for collecting things, especially since I come from a Pokemon childhood and I used to (and still do) collect boxes and boxes full of rare Pokemon. Pirate101 is no different in the sense that I still love collecting new stuff that comes out. To this day, I'm still not sure which mount I like more, the Birthday Balloons or the All Souls Pegasus. Personally, I think I like the All Souls Pegasus more because it's beautifully painted. The Balloons are fun in the sense that you can float. I hate to say it, but I was rather disappointed with the Party Room. When you scrolled on it in the Crowns Shop, the text reads, "Where's the party at!" But when you actually bought it, you discover that there's nothing to do in it, other than collect spawning chests every now and then and even then, the chests don't contain any good gear or good gold. For those of you who don't know, the Party Room is basically another Hoodoo Bundle Lab and you can not decorate it. I was hoping for some fun side activities to be in the Party Room or perhaps I hoped it to be another housing dungeon, similar to the Smuggler's Arena. I'm happy we got something, at least, but still. I wish the Party Room offered more activities in it, or I at least wish it could be decorated. I like how you have your own tavern, but sad that I couldn't decorate it and make it feel "Mine." In short, the new hair styles were funny and the new mounts were superb. I just love my All Souls Pegasus and I made a promise to insta-buy the Balloons mount the second it came out.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Administrator
Just to clear a couple things up--it's not just your party room, it's everyone's party room! That's the great thing about it. The zone is a shared meetup space. Anyone can get to the party room from the entrance to the party room . . . and meet anyone there (as long as you hang out enough). It's your entry to the party!

For example, you and your friend want to meet up somewhere: you enter the doorway to the party room from your house and they enter the doorway to the party room from their house, you both should find yourselves in the same area. (given you're in the same realm)

The party room's decorations will change with the season as well. Hopefully it will be a great spot to meet and make new friends (and get a little extra loot).

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Or players could also look at MY Party Room since I bought it too, along with all the other new stuff that Kingsisle added for Pirate101's 5th birthday. I buy everything because I have an eye for collecting things, especially since I come from a Pokemon childhood and I used to (and still do) collect boxes and boxes full of rare Pokemon. Pirate101 is no different in the sense that I still love collecting new stuff that comes out. To this day, I'm still not sure which mount I like more, the Birthday Balloons or the All Souls Pegasus. Personally, I think I like the All Souls Pegasus more because it's beautifully painted. The Balloons are fun in the sense that you can float. I hate to say it, but I was rather disappointed with the Party Room. When you scrolled on it in the Crowns Shop, the text reads, "Where's the party at!" But when you actually bought it, you discover that there's nothing to do in it, other than collect spawning chests every now and then and even then, the chests don't contain any good gear or good gold. For those of you who don't know, the Party Room is basically another Hoodoo Bundle Lab and you can not decorate it. I was hoping for some fun side activities to be in the Party Room or perhaps I hoped it to be another housing dungeon, similar to the Smuggler's Arena. I'm happy we got something, at least, but still. I wish the Party Room offered more activities in it, or I at least wish it could be decorated. I like how you have your own tavern, but sad that I couldn't decorate it and make it feel "Mine." In short, the new hair styles were funny and the new mounts were superb. I just love my All Souls Pegasus and I made a promise to insta-buy the Balloons mount the second it came out.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)
I agree that many items that have been released for the Fifth Birthday are worth looking at - I especially love the "Giraffe" & "Unicorn" hats.
But I disagree about the Party Room chests not giving "good gear"; the gear that does show up in the GPCs is more for lower levels than max.
I received a very good piece of gear in one chest perfect for a mid-level buccaneer. It's early days yet for finding out all that the Party Room Chests deliver.
Having an extra room where our friends can congregate and mingle, while receiving a gift of gold or doubloons is very nice.
It's already very well decorated; if KI had made it so that we could decorate it, I don't think there would be enough space to move around with extra "stuff" cluttering the room. This Party Room is much smaller than the "Witchdoctor's Laboratory" from the bundle.
It's many times less expensive than a Smuggler's Arena, and I don't know that we need another housing gauntlet, ( unless they give us one in a new bundle ) because the SA adjusts to the level of the pirates entering it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Just to clear a couple things up--it's not just your party room, it's everyone's party room! That's the great thing about it. The zone is a shared meetup space. Anyone can get to the party room from the entrance to the party room . . . and meet anyone there (as long as you hang out enough). It's your entry to the party!

For example, you and your friend want to meet up somewhere: you enter the doorway to the party room from your house and they enter the doorway to the party room from their house, you both should find yourselves in the same area. (given you're in the same realm)

The party room's decorations will change with the season as well. Hopefully it will be a great spot to meet and make new friends (and get a little extra loot).
That's amazing, One Eyed Jack, thanks so much for telling us this delicious secret!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Just to clear a couple things up--it's not just your party room, it's everyone's party room! That's the great thing about it. The zone is a shared meetup space. Anyone can get to the party room from the entrance to the party room . . . and meet anyone there (as long as you hang out enough). It's your entry to the party!

For example, you and your friend want to meet up somewhere: you enter the doorway to the party room from your house and they enter the doorway to the party room from their house, you both should find yourselves in the same area. (given you're in the same realm)

The party room's decorations will change with the season as well. Hopefully it will be a great spot to meet and make new friends (and get a little extra loot).
A question on how this works, OEJ; if I enter my Party Room and another pirate enters their Party Room, we will meet in the same room? That could get a little awkward if the other pirate isn't aware that it's not an individual house add on. She/he could think I'm invading their home.
Could you please explain it in the next KI Live? Maybe have a contest to see how many pirates can fit into the Room without being expelled?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
947
There's a party room add on!?

I can't help but think this was designed for me, and of course all other party loving pirates. Really, a joint party room does help solve a few issues when organising a party. Thanks KI.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
131
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Just to clear a couple things up--it's not just your party room, it's everyone's party room! That's the great thing about it. The zone is a shared meetup space. Anyone can get to the party room from the entrance to the party room . . . and meet anyone there (as long as you hang out enough). It's your entry to the party!

For example, you and your friend want to meet up somewhere: you enter the doorway to the party room from your house and they enter the doorway to the party room from their house, you both should find yourselves in the same area. (given you're in the same realm)

The party room's decorations will change with the season as well. Hopefully it will be a great spot to meet and make new friends (and get a little extra loot).
If that's the case it seemed to be a bit bugged in that regard, when I used my Party room I found it made a new area despite there already being one available, and I had to switch areas to meet other people, and interestingly enough, after I switched areas and left through the trapdoor, I found myself in some random person's house.

As for the Party Room itself, I know you wanted a bit of a Halloween theme going there but it's a bit to dark and depressing to be a party at the moment, I mean the Miranda Saloon theme of all things! Not the greatest atmosphere for a party... (and then there's that bug where the spooky music follows you outside of the party room)
It would also be nice if there was some interactable things in the room to mess with aside from that chest that gives 10 gold.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
242
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Friendly Jesse Pew on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
If that's the case it seemed to be a bit bugged in that regard, when I used my Party room I found it made a new area despite there already being one available, and I had to switch areas to meet other people, and interestingly enough, after I switched areas and left through the trapdoor, I found myself in some random person's house.

As for the Party Room itself, I know you wanted a bit of a Halloween theme going there but it's a bit to dark and depressing to be a party at the moment, I mean the Miranda Saloon theme of all things! Not the greatest atmosphere for a party... (and then there's that bug where the spooky music follows you outside of the party room)
It would also be nice if there was some interactable things in the room to mess with aside from that chest that gives 10 gold.
I like the interactable idea! Like, maybe there's a trap door and when you click the "x" prompt a skeleton warrior springs out and does it's victory animation? Or the spirit that's currently hiding in the upper corner of the room, hit the "x" prompt and it swoops through the room?
I wonder what seasons will be celebrated and what the decorations will look like. MooShu spooky theme would suit better, I feel ( but that's because I despise Cool Ranch )
I still think this is a wonderful idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Krigleblort on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
I got scrip from the chest
Wow! Thanks a bunch for letting us know that scrip is part of the treasure! Do you mind telling how much scrip?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Wow! Thanks a bunch for letting us know that scrip is part of the treasure! Do you mind telling how much scrip?
for a second there I thought you were being sarcastic with the "wow!" part. LOLZ

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
242
how often does the chest respawn ?
I saw it once / and not since in several days

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Krigleblort on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
how often does the chest respawn ?
I saw it once / and not since in several days
It spawns in different locations and upon entering you may have to wait about 5 minutes for it to show.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
This is pretty cool, actually! What a fun idea.


Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
Friendly Jesse Pew on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
If that's the case it seemed to be a bit bugged in that regard, when I used my Party room I found it made a new area despite there already being one available, and I had to switch areas to meet other people, and interestingly enough, after I switched areas and left through the trapdoor, I found myself in some random person's house.

As for the Party Room itself, I know you wanted a bit of a Halloween theme going there but it's a bit to dark and depressing to be a party at the moment, I mean the Miranda Saloon theme of all things! Not the greatest atmosphere for a party... (and then there's that bug where the spooky music follows you outside of the party room)
It would also be nice if there was some interactable things in the room to mess with aside from that chest that gives 10 gold.
Whoa!!! hey it could be the start of housing tours! only its always random ya? might not be intended but this could be much fun :D
stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
anecorbie on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
Thank you so much, KI, for creating & placing this housing addition in the crown shop. If none of you have seen this new housing add-on, I would suggest that you take a look at mine. I placed mine in my ship, ( Halloween Galleon, the Screaming Skull ) it will be there all October. If you see that I'm on line, don't be shy, go to Skull Island docks and visit my ship - it won't be locked, so invite friends.
There is a treasure chest that gives gold ( that's all I've received so far ) and there seems to be a short spawn time for the chest. There is a cool down time of at least an hour, so no-one will be grabbing all the goodies when you host parties.
Plus Group Plunder Chests show up frequently and give good level Doubloons and sometimes gear.
The great thing about this addition is it's affordablity, 1500 crowns.
I think it's definitely worth it!
You didn't happen to mention what realm your ship is hanging out in at the Skull Island docks. Where should we look?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
163
If you play with music you may have noticed that the party doesnt stop when you leave the room. The music chases you ... even into the character select screen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Calamity Finch on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:
You didn't happen to mention what realm your ship is hanging out in at the Skull Island docks. Where should we look?
I'm on realm Morgan ( sorry that I forgot that information ).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
Avery Court Grace on Oct 25, 2017 wrote:
If you play with music you may have noticed that the party doesnt stop when you leave the room. The music chases you ... even into the character select screen.
This goes away, after the first time you log out, after your first visit to the room. Later visits do not have the music follow you.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
I decided to get the party room, and thought the shared room would be interesting to try. I haven't run into anyone in there yet, but I thought it might be because they are still uncommon, or I was in a different realm from whoever might have been in there. Have you met anyone in the party room?
I noticed when I tried changing realms, I was unable to exit up the stairs. To get back to my room, I needed to be in the original realm. If I didn't know the realm, I ported to Skull Island. I'll have to try realm Morgan, and see who I see.
So the chest in there can drop scrip and gold, has anyone found anything else? I was wondering if it uses the same, or a similar, loot table to the Smuggler's Den wishing well. Sometimes I get furniture in the Smuggler's Den, and I think, once, a pet.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
Calamity Finch on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I decided to get the party room, and thought the shared room would be interesting to try. I haven't run into anyone in there yet, but I thought it might be because they are still uncommon, or I was in a different realm from whoever might have been in there. Have you met anyone in the party room?
I noticed when I tried changing realms, I was unable to exit up the stairs. To get back to my room, I needed to be in the original realm. If I didn't know the realm, I ported to Skull Island. I'll have to try realm Morgan, and see who I see.
So the chest in there can drop scrip and gold, has anyone found anything else? I was wondering if it uses the same, or a similar, loot table to the Smuggler's Den wishing well. Sometimes I get furniture in the Smuggler's Den, and I think, once, a pet.
I have yet to meet a strange pirate in the Party Room, I haven't been in Avery Realm either. I may have been in Gandry.

I have only gotten gold from the wooden chests, and Level 5 doubloons from the one group plunder that turned up.

To my knowledge, the Wishing Well has never given me anything other than Scrip or Gold - never furniture or pets.


Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
Willowydream on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I have yet to meet a strange pirate in the Party Room, I haven't been in Avery Realm either. I may have been in Gandry.

I have only gotten gold from the wooden chests, and Level 5 doubloons from the one group plunder that turned up.

To my knowledge, the Wishing Well has never given me anything other than Scrip or Gold - never furniture or pets.

The furniture from smuggler's wishing well, I'm sure about. It's not a common thing but it happened for me. I have tried Realm Avery in the party room, and Egg Fu-Young, Ol' Fish eye, and Morgan. No luck yet, but not sure how many people have the Party room right now. If those who do stay there very briefly, trying to catch the exact right moment and realm as someone else could be rather tricky.

How about everyone who sees this and visits the party room tries realm Boochbeard? He seems like a party kind of guy. Some people prefer to avoid Avery, and is is most likely to be crowded if realms get busy. Yet Boochbeard is still near the top of the realm list so might get some people who don't see this, just randomly. How's that sound? Also, we can copy Anecorbe, and try putting the party room on our ships at dock in Skull Island, so anyone that happens to wander aboard might find themselves in the party room.

I also went into Avery's office and invited a wizard school drop out, new pirate, to the party room. His level was a bit low for going where the party room was, but I had fun helping him and introducing him to our Pirate lore.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Calamity Finch on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
The furniture from smuggler's wishing well, I'm sure about. It's not a common thing but it happened for me. I have tried Realm Avery in the party room, and Egg Fu-Young, Ol' Fish eye, and Morgan. No luck yet, but not sure how many people have the Party room right now. If those who do stay there very briefly, trying to catch the exact right moment and realm as someone else could be rather tricky.

How about everyone who sees this and visits the party room tries realm Boochbeard? He seems like a party kind of guy. Some people prefer to avoid Avery, and is is most likely to be crowded if realms get busy. Yet Boochbeard is still near the top of the realm list so might get some people who don't see this, just randomly. How's that sound? Also, we can copy Anecorbe, and try putting the party room on our ships at dock in Skull Island, so anyone that happens to wander aboard might find themselves in the party room.

I also went into Avery's office and invited a wizard school drop out, new pirate, to the party room. His level was a bit low for going where the party room was, but I had fun helping him and introducing him to our Pirate lore.
Nice idea, I'll try visiting my Room on Boochbeard. The former wizard had no access to a cabin yet? You're so nice taking the time to "show him the ropes" ( that's an actual nautical expression, BTW! )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
I'm looking forward to opening some of those locked chests in there. I saw a bunch of 2 lock chests and a four lock one yesterday in the party room.

1