Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 PS4

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
I had this idea while eating food, please tell me if I am not the first to think of this.
Console Players had abilities assigned to R2,L2,R1,L1 that show up a lot like our Ability Bar, in combat.
It works mostly the same as PC in combat, but you use the D-Pad to select another tile and press Square to choose an enemy to attack.
Console Players and Computer Players could play together, the friends menu is opened with Triangle, X jumps, O closes things and fires normal cannons when in a ship. Right analog stick scrolls through ship attacks, and then X attacks with the chosen one.
Start opens Inventory, Companions, and that menu, and Select opens Quest, Puppet Shows, and that other menu.
Good? Bad? Please tell what you think!

Captain
May 13, 2011
Kai Alcott on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
I had this idea while eating food, please tell me if I am not the first to think of this.
Console Players had abilities assigned to R2,L2,R1,L1 that show up a lot like our Ability Bar, in combat.
It works mostly the same as PC in combat, but you use the D-Pad to select another tile and press Square to choose an enemy to attack.
Console Players and Computer Players could play together, the friends menu is opened with Triangle, X jumps, O closes things and fires normal cannons when in a ship. Right analog stick scrolls through ship attacks, and then X attacks with the chosen one.
Start opens Inventory, Companions, and that menu, and Select opens Quest, Puppet Shows, and that other menu.
im happy with my PS3 so i dont think i would play it on console. it looks like a good idea though. im not sure if this will be possible

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Kai Alcott on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
I dont despise or dislike your idea. I like the effort you put into this, and that should be commended. However this idea, as creative as it is, will be a difficult task for KI. Consider these factors:

The Market:
The market for console related devices (eg PS3, PS4 or Xbox etc), tends to stick to all ready famous titles. Most people purchase game series such as Assassin's Creed, Battle Field, COD or games that are only available for that. All these games are usually only played in console devises (though some can be done in the computer, like FIFA). You must also consider the fact that Pirate101, although well known in the computer, would not be so well known on the PS4 or such devises. Kings Isle would lose money in investing in such an option at this stage.

The Device and Tech:
The genius people at KI seem to be focusing only on computer games. The PS4 may need different techonolgies and software than that of a computer (idk but I am just guessing). KI may need to invest in PS4 game creators, and that does not sound like the best option considering 'the market'.

The playing field:
Should KI really spend time creating PS4 games, or should they make new worlds? Should they invest in a risky market, or grow on the success of the one they are dominating in? What do the players want more, a CD or a new world?

Other general suggestions:
-App for phones
-Online Minigame? (like grub guardian)
-A PS4 and other console social network thingy (if possible).

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
You may got this idea from minecraft on the Xbox. They have allot of money, players, and we'll players, ( allot of players if you didn't catch that ) so they could do it. We have allot of players but not enough I presume. Pretty much everyone at my school plays minecraft, not just the boys but girls to. Not one of them so far that I have heard of plays wizard101 OR pirate101 or even heard of it. (Sounds like KI needs to do a better job in the marketing department huh?) that kinda tells you it's to much of a risk. And how will the PS4 know if you have a membership or crowns or prepaid areas with crowns? Like golden guardian said, this is a big risk no offence but to big if you ask me, again no offence I like your idea but... I'm going to end there, you get the idea

- Jack Nightgale lvl 61 buccaneer