Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Options Setting - Do not send friends notification when you log on

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
+I constantly have to change my options to invisible to friends as it freaks me out when they message me the moment I come on when I need to do short term things like train pets, finish companion tasks, and the like. I don't want to be invisible, but I can't be bothered by everyone messaging me to do stuff and for help and for hatches every I log onto a pirate. I kind of feel like I'm being stalked, lol. What I want is to be on my friends' friend lists, to show up on them, but to not have the game send messages to them that I am on the moment I come on,

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
+I constantly have to change my options to invisible to friends as it freaks me out when they message me the moment I come on when I need to do short term things like train pets, finish companion tasks, and the like. I don't want to be invisible, but I can't be bothered by everyone messaging me to do stuff and for help and for hatches every I log onto a pirate. I kind of feel like I'm being stalked, lol. What I want is to be on my friends' friend lists, to show up on them, but to not have the game send messages to them that I am on the moment I come on,
P101 doesn't have instant alert of friends logging on, though W101 does. Perhaps they're doing this by leaving their friend's list open. There's nothing you can do about it, unless you can tell them "I'm busy right now". You must be a very good friend to be so popular!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Takhethis on Mar 15, 2021 wrote:
I did not know that Pirate101 even had the feature of sending messages to friends to let them know I've logged on. If it does, I have never seen those messages, and I've been playing since before Pirate101 was released to the public.

I think, you just have a certain friends who play with their friends lists open and like to give you a shout when they see that you're online. There's nothing KI can do about that.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2021 wrote:
P101 doesn't have instant alert of friends logging on, though W101 does. Perhaps they're doing this by leaving their friend's list open. There's nothing you can do about it, unless you can tell them "I'm busy right now". You must be a very good friend to be so popular!
I've been playing Wizard101, and thought perhaps it was the same in Pirate101 cause most times I log on I am instantly hit by friends writing me the second I come on. I just want five minutes of being invisible before that happens. As a result, I do try to put my pirates on hidden to friends in the options setting before logging off of them, but then I have friends that see my characters and see that I'm not listed on their lists and believe I must be playing the game and hiding from them, lol.