Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Option to have long intro?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2011
A lot of us miss the old, long intro into P101. I understand it was removed to help lower the initial download. Is there anyway you can have an in game option to enable and disable it? When you install P101, it would already be disabled, but if you enable it, could it have something that says it might take longer at the next launch of the game? This way, it would be OK for new downloaders, and would make us existing members happy. Thanks :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I am totally with you on this one. I really miss that opening too and would love to be able to option it back in.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
I like the old theme song a LOT better. You used to get a tour of Skull Island, and it really fit the game. Now, when I log in, all I see is a pirate flag. ?????? Please fix!

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
As stated in the update notes and prior posts, the lack of intro is due to shortening loading times for players who have older or slower computers. You are amongst the majority of opinions I've seen that want the intro to come back or at least be an option. I for one miss it as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
I like the old theme song a LOT better. You used to get a tour of Skull Island, and it really fit the game. Now, when I log in, all I see is a pirate flag. ?????? Please fix!
The music is still the same, just not the animation which I still miss and I reiterate that I would love to have the option to bring it back. Please

Community Leader
I too miss the intro, however I completely understand why it was removed.

The problem with it being an "option" is that the intro screen being referred to was run before such settings/options would be typically made.

Its not only a matter of "display", its a matter of downloading the additional content as well.

I don't think making it an option, is an option because its initial data/game intro. You have to see it before you can even get to most game "options", and by then its too late! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
I too miss the intro, however I completely understand why it was removed.

The problem with it being an "option" is that the intro screen being referred to was run before such settings/options would be typically made.

Its not only a matter of "display", its a matter of downloading the additional content as well.

I don't think making it an option, is an option because its initial data/game intro. You have to see it before you can even get to most game "options", and by then its too late! ;)
Well I didn't think that having to sit through a slower opening once would be a problem. That way you would be able to judge whether you wanted to continue with it or not depending on how your system handled it.