Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Option to change companion outcomes random?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
I don't really like the new way. It's the same strategy over and over again, and you have to change them to alter your gameplay. I just kinda like the mystery of what i will get. What I'm saying is that the first mate stays, and the other 3 are random, with the old percentage things. Maybe some people like it, so it could be an option.
thanks.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
jamual heath on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
I don't really like the new way. It's the same strategy over and over again, and you have to change them to alter your gameplay. I just kinda like the mystery of what i will get. What I'm saying is that the first mate stays, and the other 3 are random, with the old percentage things. Maybe some people like it, so it could be an option.
thanks.
Hi! As a matter of fact, there is an option for that! If you go to the advanced game options you can change in is to have your preferred way of companion selection. The "IN ORDER" option is when your companions are selected by the first three companions in your list. This is the one that you have currently selected. The "FIRST MATE" option is what you want. The first mate always appears while the other two are completely random. And finally the "RANDOM" option where all of your companions are random. Hope this helped
Stormy Sam
Clever Sam Davis
Sam Walker
Sam Parker
Sam Collins

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There is already an option to change the order of your companions. Go to the top of the game screen for the pull down menu, select Help/Options ( Gear Icon ). Go to Adjust Advanced Gameplay Option, there will be a bar called Combat Unit Selection ( for you it is probably set for : In Order ) Change it to Random if you want a total surprise at who turns up, or set for First Mate and the rest will be a random selection.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think you can change it to that if you select the first mate option. I use the random selection which changes all of them though.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I can still understand that there are some of you that are still not comfortable with the companion outcome changes. That's fine. I like the changes, & we still get to have our option of going back to companion outcome randomization to those who really miss it, so that way, no one will have to be stuck with fixated order of the companions placed in our roster, so it's practically win-win to all of us.

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
Hi!
thanks a lot guys for responding!
I'm doing that right away!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
jamual heath on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Hi!
thanks a lot guys for responding!
I'm doing that right away!
Just a little matter of educating those who have been behind to get with the changes to the game.