Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One mans trash is another mans treasure chest.....

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I am just about to enter the legendary labyrinth. Legend has it that half cow half boys roam the dark passages. They should be called cowboys, but they have the merciless titles of minotaur. The fear and excitement is amazing!
THEN, just as I enter the sigil-

Mack Sparrow: Hey Dino remember be your good old friend? Can you please let me port to the Mooshu Passage way for gold farming?
Me: Huh? Ok mack!
x puts mark and recall, travels halfway through aquila and spiral portal gates, helps Mack reach destination x
Me: Um ok... ... ...
X travels all the way to marleybone, fights some armada ships to clear the way for the lady, when... X

Elizabeth: Eh Marleybone kinda too hard, could you take me to skull island passage way?
Mack: Hey dino I am done with mooshu could you take me to the aquila passage way pls?
David Jones: Yo remember me? Can I have a lift to um cool ranch passage way?
Me: ......

Ok most of you pirates should see where I am going here... I kind of find porting to these places a bit of a nuisance. It it a total waste of my time and I consider it trash travelling all the way so that my non-member friends can port and get their only access to what they consider treasure. Yes, its nice and I love to be nice, but not when it becomes a nuisance all the time.

You know those portal gates between worlds? There should be portal gates for passage ways too. Since they are already a free gold source for non-paying players, I think they should get free access to it (they can pay ingame not real money).

P.S: I know some people may think the introduction of Mark and Recall is perfect for this, but consider the following. Yes you can port back to where you where (except in a fight zone), but it would still take time to get to the passage way, so would you like that? What if you're in a dungeon? The ultimate solution in my mind is that F2P players should get thier own independent access into passageways, and I see extra portal zones as my conclusion. That way me, Mack, David and Elizabeth will all be happy.

SDH, Lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
I am just about to enter the legendary labyrinth. Legend has it that half cow half boys roam the dark passages. They should be called cowboys, but they have the merciless titles of minotaur. The fear and excitement is amazing!
THEN, just as I enter the sigil-

Mack Sparrow: Hey Dino remember be your good old friend? Can you please let me port to the Mooshu Passage way for gold farming?
Me: Huh? Ok mack!
x puts mark and recall, travels halfway through aquila and spiral portal gates, helps Mack reach destination x
Me: Um ok... ... ...
X travels all the way to marleybone, fights some armada ships to clear the way for the lady, when... X

Elizabeth: Eh Marleybone kinda too hard, could you take me to skull island passage way?
Mack: Hey dino I am done with mooshu could you take me to the aquila passage way pls?
David Jones: Yo remember me? Can I have a lift to um cool ranch passage way?
Me: ......

Ok most of you pirates should see where I am going here... I kind of find porting to these places a bit of a nuisance. It it a total waste of my time and I consider it trash travelling all the way so that my non-member friends can port and get their only access to what they consider treasure. Yes, its nice and I love to be nice, but not when it becomes a nuisance all the time.

You know those portal gates between worlds? There should be portal gates for passage ways too. Since they are already a free gold source for non-paying players, I think they should get free access to it (they can pay ingame not real money).

P.S: I know some people may think the introduction of Mark and Recall is perfect for this, but consider the following. Yes you can port back to where you where (except in a fight zone), but it would still take time to get to the passage way, so would you like that? What if you're in a dungeon? The ultimate solution in my mind is that F2P players should get thier own independent access into passageways, and I see extra portal zones as my conclusion. That way me, Mack, David and Elizabeth will all be happy.

SDH, Lv 65
But they do have access. They just have to travel by ship. The stormgates are not that long to travel through. They are asking you to port there using your gold so they don't have to travel a bit? Sounds like they may be not thinking of you enough and taking a bit advantage.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
sadly this has happened to me many times before...this is why KI made the hidden to friends option for you...go ahead and farm while "offline" to others, now if you want to talk to someone while hidden, just private chat then (r) or invite them to a group chat, so you can talk with multiple people...these are some tricks I found out to get around these players...

ps: if im sounding harsh I have no intention to (this is more directed to the players who always ask) but you gotta give us some breathing room SOMEtimes

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
But they do have access. They just have to travel by ship. The stormgates are not that long to travel through. They are asking you to port there using your gold so they don't have to travel a bit? Sounds like they may be not thinking of you enough and taking a bit advantage.
Non-Members can't neccasirly access spiral passageways because in order to get to them you have to pay for the original portal destination. The storm gate from mooshu to marleybone for example, can only be entered through mooshu and marleybone. Non-Members can't access mooshu or marleybone (unless they are crown players), and thus can't get it the passage way unless a paying player does it for them.