Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old vet, new ideas

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I have been away from the unchanging game for quite sometime and with updates looming on the horizon id like to throw a few ideas to the dev team before their production list is solidified.

Rare gear vendor- Pirate101 currently suffers from gear rng and it is a significant barrier to reaching endgame pve and pvp, people have farmed for items for years and never received them, I myself have farmed for shoshos kit for a few years and haven't gotten one yet. I dont want to eliminate this grind but only add a measure to help alleviate some of it in the form of a rare gear vendor that sells random drops with powers such as shoshos kit. My idea would for it to be another scrip sink and act similar to Xur from destiny 1/2 who comes every week with a new legendary. He would carry a couple items for each class of varying levels since gear as low as even level 30 is viable and even the meta for pvp and each item would cost a few thousand scrip

Pet improvements - Pets in this game are a huge time sink and very rng dependant nor are they sustainable past lvl 70. I have a few ideas to help reduce this rng grind which is a great barrier to reaching endgame pvp. My first would be to offer 2 or 3 choices to select everytime your pet reaches a new tier allowing you to always pick something thats ok instead of receiving something useless like bloodsucker. My second would be to either reduce the time required for each pet training or simply change it over to wizard101s system because currently going from 60-70 takes a day each training minimum and it will only get more excessive from there potentially reaching a month without spending 10s of thousands of crowns to go from 60-75/80 for just 1 pet that could potentially fail at the end.

PvP changes - PvP suffers from many bugs and flaws currently after nearly 7 years of no bug fixes being rolled out, I have faith the bugs will be fixed now but the flaws still remain and I would like to address a few of them today.

Crits- Criticals in this game are overpowered in pvp pushing some classes such as buccaneer into op territory solely based on luck but it is not solely a buccaneer issue, it is shared on all classes because 1 lucky crit can change the course of a well played game and no amount of strategy can overcome it sometimes, in pvp the greats are great because they can reduce the rng factor to as small as possible and thats why they can win with consistency but the rng factor is always there and has caused no end of frustration for even these top tier players. I dont know how to directly nerf bladestorm and double tap without severely nerfing classes and companions that rely on them but nerfing crits in pvp directly is possible. In ESO they deal with crits in pvp by allowing players to use gear that reduces critical damage, I would like to see such a system implemented into p101 with gear sockets and crit damage reducing sockets, bladestorm and double tap will remain strong talents but criticals will have a significant reduction in randomly deciding the victor.

Power rng - Unfortunately we're back to rng in pvp again, power order is a large part of pvp but even the best order doesnt guarantee you what you need. In many occasions matches are won and lost based on how lucky you are with your powers appearing. I do enjoy this as this provides a somewhat unique battle each time but it is infuriating to lose when your first power doesnt show up despite several turns and power deletions. My solution is to simply guarantee the first power always being in your hand while leaving the rest up to luck.

Attribute advantage in pvp - the class and attribute that your companions have in pvp is highly important and classes such as witches and privateers are relegated to niche picks such as scratch in ranked pvp and Emmett in the spar chamber. These classes are bad because the other classes have more damage potential partly due to higher accuracy and dodge and more offensive powers along with buccaneers being the only strength based class always making them good picks due to the critical rng factor i spoke of before. I would like a rebalancing of these 2 classes to bring their damage potential up to par with the other 3 classes because even marchioness the highest damage privateer companion is lackluster compared to a A tier bucks like temujin or goronado not even including an S class like Peter quint

Some of my ideas would require a lot of work and arent economical for the first couple patches but i hope something considerably less time intensive such as the random gear vendor and first power guarantee could be implemented. -Robert