Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

NPC Ideas?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
Well, there have been many discussions about companion ideas. I have contributed to many thus far in my Pirate101 message board experience. However, I still have many ideas for characters which are not necessarily bound to a companion status. Wow, how many times have I said "many"? Many times, I suppose.

Anyway, here is one idea that I had for an NPC and an explanation:

El Chupacobra

The inspiration for this character is from the Chupacabra, a monster from Puerto Rican folklore. He would be featured as the antagonist in an El Toro promotion quest (preferably being named The Legend of El Toro, after the Zorro sequel). El Toro would recieve a letter from Friar Cluck speaking of a villain who is terrorizing the townspeopleof Santa Pollo: the elusive El Chupacobra! This villain would be just like El Toro -- in the sense that he is "cunning as the fox, silent the snake, and strong as the bull". We would be introduced to the Count, a wealthy, Polarian landowner who happens to be a snake (based off of Count Armand from the film). As expected, he would be revealed to be El Chupacobra by the end of the quest.

Another direction for this character would be to reveal him to be someone like Hyssoss -- this would mean that the Count would no longer be a character (rather, El Chupacobra would be like a second Froggo Villa).

I had a lot to say, so thank you for reading! Please feel free to add your ideas/suggestions for future NPCs to this post!
- Jack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, there have been many discussions about companion ideas. I have contributed to many thus far in my Pirate101 message board experience. However, I still have many ideas for characters which are not necessarily bound to a companion status. Wow, how many times have I said "many"? Many times, I suppose.

Anyway, here is one idea that I had for an NPC and an explanation:

El Chupacobra

The inspiration for this character is from the Chupacabra, a monster from Puerto Rican folklore. He would be featured as the antagonist in an El Toro promotion quest (preferably being named The Legend of El Toro, after the Zorro sequel). El Toro would recieve a letter from Friar Cluck speaking of a villain who is terrorizing the townspeopleof Santa Pollo: the elusive El Chupacobra! This villain would be just like El Toro -- in the sense that he is "cunning as the fox, silent the snake, and strong as the bull". We would be introduced to the Count, a wealthy, Polarian landowner who happens to be a snake (based off of Count Armand from the film). As expected, he would be revealed to be El Chupacobra by the end of the quest.

Another direction for this character would be to reveal him to be someone like Hyssoss -- this would mean that the Count would no longer be a character (rather, El Chupacobra would be like a second Froggo Villa).

I had a lot to say, so thank you for reading! Please feel free to add your ideas/suggestions for future NPCs to this post!
- Jack
I like this idea! Could we also perhaps include Mustang Sally in the story? She hasn't had a promotion yet, and I would be disappointed if her promotion was a gold promo.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2015 wrote:
I like this idea! Could we also perhaps include Mustang Sally in the story? She hasn't had a promotion yet, and I would be disappointed if her promotion was a gold promo.
Wow! That's a great idea! I can't believe that I hadn't thought of that! Thanks again, Miss Esperanza!
- Jack

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
Beelzeblub

"Beelzebub" is another name for the devil. Beelzeblub, however, would be an evil sea creature. He would not be featured as an important character, but, rather, a mini-boss -- like the Deep Terror from the Diablo Cut dungeon.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
Edgar Allen Crow

Edgar Allen Poe was an American writer, critic, and editor. He is famous for his tales and poems of horror and mystery.

Edgar Allen Crow would be a writer who hails from Cool Ranch. He would be found in Cool Ranch, Marleybone, or Darkmoor.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
Captain Boarbossa (or Captain Bearbossa)

Hayreddin Barbarossa was a Turkish privateer. However, in Europe he was simply known as "Redbeard" (Barbarossa is Italian for "Redbeard"). He ultimately inspired the character Captain Barbossa from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean.

Captain Bearbossa would be based off of Hayreddin Barbarossa. Bearbossa could be Erika the Red's alias if she were hiding. We'd find Bearbossa in either Rajah or Grizzleheim, but learn that he (yes he) is really her (similar to the El Toro reveal).

Captain Boarbossa, however, would be primarily based off of Captain Barbossa. He would be featured in a Sarah Steele promotion quest in which we'd learn more about the Black Pearl and Sarah's past. Boarbossa would carry a green apple in one hand and a sword in the other (Catbeard style).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
Polaris: Robbspetrov
Based on Robespierre the architect of France's Reign of Terror. Robspetrov will be a spymaster keeping an eye on those who wish for Napoleguin's return. He is an agent of the Armada. His name is a pun on (robs peter ).
Krokotopia: Hasti
Hasti is a mander in the service of the Krokotopian Royal House: not what it once was in ancient days. She is in fact, the only servant left.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
anecorbie on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
Polaris: Robbspetrov
Based on Robespierre the architect of France's Reign of Terror. Robspetrov will be a spymaster keeping an eye on those who wish for Napoleguin's return. He is an agent of the Armada. His name is a pun on (robs peter ).
Krokotopia: Hasti
Hasti is a mander in the service of the Krokotopian Royal House: not what it once was in ancient days. She is in fact, the only servant left.
That's just great! I just love the Robbspetrov idea! His back-story is very awesome indeed!

This idea reminded me of a story (don't worry it's fairly short):

When I first learned about Maximilien Robspierre in a history class, I was determined to create a French -- or, rather, Polarian -- pirate with a similar name to his. As expected there was nothing close.

As for Hasti, her bio sounds quite interesting. Do you think that you'd be able to tell me her inspiration?

Well, as always, thank you very much, Miss Esperanza! You've been supporting me through this whole thread (let alone my message board career). Post more ideas if you have them (I surely will)!

- Jack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
That's just great! I just love the Robbspetrov idea! His back-story is very awesome indeed!

This idea reminded me of a story (don't worry it's fairly short):

When I first learned about Maximilien Robspierre in a history class, I was determined to create a French -- or, rather, Polarian -- pirate with a similar name to his. As expected there was nothing close.

As for Hasti, her bio sounds quite interesting. Do you think that you'd be able to tell me her inspiration?

Well, as always, thank you very much, Miss Esperanza! You've been supporting me through this whole thread (let alone my message board career). Post more ideas if you have them (I surely will)!

- Jack
Hasti was inspired by the character Charmian in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra. This character has a few sharp observances in play, so I see Hasti as being slightly sarcastic/ironic in tone.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Well, I myself would like a piece of pie in these characters designs.

Joan Adriano Gracia

He's a unicorn who wears grey and black that helps you in the next world. He agrees to spy on the armada for you without anything from you. Already suspicious. You later find out he's a double agent and leads you to a trap set up by the armada.

His real world equivalent is Joan Pujol Garcia, a double agent during WWII from Spain. He didn't actually do any spying for Spain since it was neutral. He won an award from both Germany and Great Britain.

Because KI has said that Valencia is based off of Italy and some dabs of Spain, I figured I'd go with a name that had both Italian and Spanish in it.
Let me know what you think.
Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

P.S. Love your ideas so far!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
FireMorgan13 on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
Well, I myself would like a piece of pie in these characters designs.

Joan Adriano Gracia

He's a unicorn who wears grey and black that helps you in the next world. He agrees to spy on the armada for you without anything from you. Already suspicious. You later find out he's a double agent and leads you to a trap set up by the armada.

His real world equivalent is Joan Pujol Garcia, a double agent during WWII from Spain. He didn't actually do any spying for Spain since it was neutral. He won an award from both Germany and Great Britain.

Because KI has said that Valencia is based off of Italy and some dabs of Spain, I figured I'd go with a name that had both Italian and Spanish in it.
Let me know what you think.
Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

P.S. Love your ideas so far!
Excellent reference!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
FireMorgan13 on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
Well, I myself would like a piece of pie in these characters designs.

Joan Adriano Gracia

He's a unicorn who wears grey and black that helps you in the next world. He agrees to spy on the armada for you without anything from you. Already suspicious. You later find out he's a double agent and leads you to a trap set up by the armada.

His real world equivalent is Joan Pujol Garcia, a double agent during WWII from Spain. He didn't actually do any spying for Spain since it was neutral. He won an award from both Germany and Great Britain.

Because KI has said that Valencia is based off of Italy and some dabs of Spain, I figured I'd go with a name that had both Italian and Spanish in it.
Let me know what you think.
Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

P.S. Love your ideas so far!
FireMorgan13, you are very much welcome to take a piece of the pie!

Way to take advantage of a World War II character! I do not recall seeing anyone taking advantage of this somewhat rich time in history -- let alone the idea of double agents -- in any previous threads, so I suspect that you're the first.

I took some time to research Gracia's real life counterpart. I'm not going to lie, the thought of having a character like him implemented into the game got real me excited!

Would either of his code-names (those being Garbo and Arabel) be used for him in the game?

P.S. I love your ideas so far as well!

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
FireMorgan13, you are very much welcome to take a piece of the pie!

Way to take advantage of a World War II character! I do not recall seeing anyone taking advantage of this somewhat rich time in history -- let alone the idea of double agents -- in any previous threads, so I suspect that you're the first.

I took some time to research Gracia's real life counterpart. I'm not going to lie, the thought of having a character like him implemented into the game got real me excited!

Would either of his code-names (those being Garbo and Arabel) be used for him in the game?

P.S. I love your ideas so far as well!
Mmmmmmm.Good pie.

Anyways, I was thinking he introduces himself as Garbo Arabello(Note: ll sounds like a y in Spanish) to get both worked into the name. Then, when you get to the trap, whoever greets you calls him Mr. Gracia and then you learn who he really is. Also maybe, when you enter the world, you see a wanted poster for Joan Adriano Gracia, but the picture was drawn on so his picture isn't recognizable.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
FireMorgan13 on Mar 14, 2015 wrote:
Mmmmmmm.Good pie.

Anyways, I was thinking he introduces himself as Garbo Arabello(Note: ll sounds like a y in Spanish) to get both worked into the name. Then, when you get to the trap, whoever greets you calls him Mr. Gracia and then you learn who he really is. Also maybe, when you enter the world, you see a wanted poster for Joan Adriano Gracia, but the picture was drawn on so his picture isn't recognizable.
That would definitely be cool! Also, the drawn wanted poster?! That would be awesome! Foreshadowing is imminent!

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Thanks for your feedback. I've got another idea:

El Torito

Maybe this could be a part of El Toro's promotion quest, or maybe main story. I feel both would work. So anyways, the gist of it is, a little bull watches one of your fights where El Toro fought(so it would be mandatory that he fights in that fight) and is amazed. He then talks to El Toro and asks if he can be trained. From there until a certain point, he'll follow El Toro in every fight. He'd have a weak sword and riposte. He'd be about level 12 but would have threat reduce of about 85% so enemies aren't as likely to attack him. Every so often, an attack directed at El Torito would be redirected at El Toro, like in Gallant Defense. Eventually, he goes to Cool Ranch to finish training with the ghost of El Toro's old mentor. Once he's gone, El Toro would then have the ability to use Gallant Defense, or gain the ability in his promotion.

This idea isn't as good as Joan, and I would like improvements and/or feedback if you can give me some.

Note: El Torito would be an ally, so you'd have absolutely NO control over what he does.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
FireMorgan13 on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. I've got another idea:

El Torito

Maybe this could be a part of El Toro's promotion quest, or maybe main story. I feel both would work. So anyways, the gist of it is, a little bull watches one of your fights where El Toro fought(so it would be mandatory that he fights in that fight) and is amazed. He then talks to El Toro and asks if he can be trained. From there until a certain point, he'll follow El Toro in every fight. He'd have a weak sword and riposte. He'd be about level 12 but would have threat reduce of about 85% so enemies aren't as likely to attack him. Every so often, an attack directed at El Torito would be redirected at El Toro, like in Gallant Defense. Eventually, he goes to Cool Ranch to finish training with the ghost of El Toro's old mentor. Once he's gone, El Toro would then have the ability to use Gallant Defense, or gain the ability in his promotion.

This idea isn't as good as Joan, and I would like improvements and/or feedback if you can give me some.

Note: El Torito would be an ally, so you'd have absolutely NO control over what he does.
Yes, and I can just see the combat requirements - Defeat All Enemies & Protect El Torito!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
FireMorgan13 on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for your feedback. I've got another idea:

El Torito

Maybe this could be a part of El Toro's promotion quest, or maybe main story. I feel both would work. So anyways, the gist of it is, a little bull watches one of your fights where El Toro fought(so it would be mandatory that he fights in that fight) and is amazed. He then talks to El Toro and asks if he can be trained. From there until a certain point, he'll follow El Toro in every fight. He'd have a weak sword and riposte. He'd be about level 12 but would have threat reduce of about 85% so enemies aren't as likely to attack him. Every so often, an attack directed at El Torito would be redirected at El Toro, like in Gallant Defense. Eventually, he goes to Cool Ranch to finish training with the ghost of El Toro's old mentor. Once he's gone, El Toro would then have the ability to use Gallant Defense, or gain the ability in his promotion.

This idea isn't as good as Joan, and I would like improvements and/or feedback if you can give me some.

Note: El Torito would be an ally, so you'd have absolutely NO control over what he does.
This is a great idea! El Torito would be an awesome addition to the El Toro story line. I can definitely see a quest being called something like "The Legend of El Torito" or "The Mark of El Torito". This would make a great promotion quest for El Toro. I think it would look a little something like if one were to be made:

El Toro: “Captain, I have received a letter from home! Let us meet in a tavern cellar!”

Talk to El Toro In Tavern Cellar

El Toro: “Hmm… It is not from Friar Cluck it’s, it’s fan mail!”
Ratbeard: “Fan mail?!”
Monkey King: "You'd be surprised, Ratbeard. It used to get a lot of fan mail."
Ratbeard: "What?!"
Hawkules: "So did Hawkules son of Zeus! [melodic] HAWKULES!!!"
Ratbeard: "[mumbling] fan mail..."

El Toro: “It appears to be from someone who calls himself El Dorito [El Torito theme plays].
Bonnie Anne: “El Dorito? What the devil is an El Dorito?!
El Toro: “I have no idea. Let us go to Cool Ranch to meet this man! Perhaps he can tell us.”

Talk to Friar Cluck

Friar Cluck: “Rodrigo! It is good to see you again! You too, captain. El Dorito? Oh, you must mean Joaquin. He is the new altar boy. You’ll find him inside.

Talk to Joaquin

Joaquin: “Stop, evil pirate! Leave Santa Pollo or face the wrath of El Torito!”

Fight El Torito

El Toro: “Do not hurt the boy!”
* El Torito is untargetable. He will land a critical attack (a weak one of course) and will hit you with a stream of other attacks using his version of Follow Through 3 (also weak). After this, the fight will be over.*

Talk to El Torito

Starting Companion: “He is young, but fights with the courage of a true warrior.”
El Toro: “Ah, so you must be El Dorito.”
Joaquin: “It’s El Torito [El Torito them plays]!”

Well, that's all that I could think of so far!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 17, 2015 wrote:
This is a great idea! El Torito would be an awesome addition to the El Toro story line. I can definitely see a quest being called something like "The Legend of El Torito" or "The Mark of El Torito". This would make a great promotion quest for El Toro. I think it would look a little something like if one were to be made:

El Toro: “Captain, I have received a letter from home! Let us meet in a tavern cellar!”

Talk to El Toro In Tavern Cellar

El Toro: “Hmm… It is not from Friar Cluck it’s, it’s fan mail!”
Ratbeard: “Fan mail?!”
Monkey King: "You'd be surprised, Ratbeard. It used to get a lot of fan mail."
Ratbeard: "What?!"
Hawkules: "So did Hawkules son of Zeus! [melodic] HAWKULES!!!"
Ratbeard: "[mumbling] fan mail..."

El Toro: “It appears to be from someone who calls himself El Dorito [El Torito theme plays].
Bonnie Anne: “El Dorito? What the devil is an El Dorito?!
El Toro: “I have no idea. Let us go to Cool Ranch to meet this man! Perhaps he can tell us.”

Talk to Friar Cluck

Friar Cluck: “Rodrigo! It is good to see you again! You too, captain. El Dorito? Oh, you must mean Joaquin. He is the new altar boy. You’ll find him inside.

Talk to Joaquin

Joaquin: “Stop, evil pirate! Leave Santa Pollo or face the wrath of El Torito!”

Fight El Torito

El Toro: “Do not hurt the boy!”
* El Torito is untargetable. He will land a critical attack (a weak one of course) and will hit you with a stream of other attacks using his version of Follow Through 3 (also weak). After this, the fight will be over.*

Talk to El Torito

Starting Companion: “He is young, but fights with the courage of a true warrior.”
El Toro: “Ah, so you must be El Dorito.”
Joaquin: “It’s El Torito [El Torito them plays]!”

Well, that's all that I could think of so far!
Is El Torito ( plays theme on a kazoo ) also a bull? Or could he be a horse or even a chicken? Why not go against type and make him ( or possibly her ) a salamander?

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
anecorbie on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Is El Torito ( plays theme on a kazoo ) also a bull? Or could he be a horse or even a chicken? Why not go against type and make him ( or possibly her ) a salamander?
I would assume El Torito would be a bull, but who knows?

* A Brief Spanish Lesson:

"torito" means "little bull" in Spanish

"ito" is a suffix

Example:

"gordo" (meaning "fat") would become "gordito" (roughly meaning "little fat one")

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
anecorbie on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Is El Torito ( plays theme on a kazoo ) also a bull? Or could he be a horse or even a chicken? Why not go against type and make him ( or possibly her ) a salamander?
I love the kazoo idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
I would assume El Torito would be a bull, but who knows?

* A Brief Spanish Lesson:

"torito" means "little bull" in Spanish

"ito" is a suffix

Example:

"gordo" (meaning "fat") would become "gordito" (roughly meaning "little fat one")
I know that, but the original El Toro was a horse. I'm just saying....

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
anecorbie on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
I know that, but the original El Toro was a horse. I'm just saying....
That is a good point!

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
Yeah, I originally intended for him to be a bull. I got his name from my knowledge of Spanish. Take toro and add -ito. However Anecorbie brings up a good point. The original El Toro was indeed a horse. Still, in my mind, it would make sense if El Torito(kazoo theme) was a bull.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
159
Well, I think it’s high time to revive this topic! What better way to do it than by introducing an undead character (idea)?
So without further adieu, meet:

The Galapaghost Turtle/Tortoise
This character, pet, or mount would be based off of the very real Galapagos tortoise found in (you guessed it) the Galapagos Islands.

* Fun Fact: When Charles Darwin first saw the Galapagos tortoise, he attempted to ride it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
This is a character that has been in the back of my mind for a while now. I was going to use him in a fan fiction; but I'll share him here.
The Crimson Columbine
( based, of course, on the Scarlet Pimpernel )
A rebel without a clue, The Crimson Columbine is a thorn in the side of Robbspetrov. The C.C. steps in and mucks up Robbspetrov carefully laid schemes to find and arrest Napoliguin sympathizers. As a Marleybone patriot, you would think The C.C. also would wish to stop Napoliguin from returning. Not so! Being far sighted he feels that the tyranny of the Armada is much worse; and since the war with Valencia has proved him right, he is now in step with official MB policy.