Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nose Goblin Companion Idea and Lore

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Hello, all!

I just read the Monthly Newsletter and I really enjoyed the info One-Eyed Jack gave about the Nose Goblin. It's very interesting to hear that at one point Wizard101 would've had a tropical-themed world. Unfortunately, the idea was scrapped and the Nose Goblin nearly with it.

But, I got to thinking. Skull Island is a tropical themed world so wouldn't that mean that possibly Nose Goblins could exist on Skull Island. I believe this was brought up on a different thread, I just wanted to build off on it.

I know One-Eyed Jack said that it's unlikely Nose Goblins would appear in either Wizard101 or Pirate101, but I don't believe that it's that set in stone. I think it would be awesome of KI to include a Nose Goblin companion for some kind of promotion or bundle. I also think it would be even more awesome if Nose Goblin's appeared as mobs and bosses on a ship or cave dungeon somewhere in the Skull Island cluster.

But to keep this relatively simple, let's throwback to the Nose Goblin Companion idea. I think it would nice if for a Nose Goblin companion could appear in the Crown Shop (somewhere between 4995-7495 Crowns). It could be a Witchdoctor/Musketeer crossover. It could have 2 promotions. It could have as follows:

Nose Goblin Caller
Default Epic: Witch Hunter
Powers: Ghostwail, Mojo Strike, Evil Eye, Juju, Bone Chant

Nose Goblin Conjurer (Level 15)
Powers: Soulreaver, Mojo Blast, Eye Swarm, Big Juju, Cadaver's Chanty

Nose Goblin Shaman (Level 30)
Powers: Mournsong, Mojo Storm, Ocuboros, Great Juju, Wyvern's Song

Epic Pool:
Witch Hunter 2
Mojo Echo
Doomspell
Mojo Rising
Coward's Bane
Readied Spell

That's just my idea. I'm hoping it's not on the overpowered side.

I'm also opening this thread to discuss and pose ideas on Lore of the Nose Goblins. Write what you think the Nose Goblins might live like. Where are they? What do they do? What culture might they have? Who do they effect? Say whatever you think!

Thanks for reading!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Personally, I'd expect the Nose Goblin to be a pet. A companion version of it would be pretty cool, but having a pet version of it would be quite impressive! It would be the first witchdoctor-type pet, and it could know a single epic like Readied Spell or Mojo Rising!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Hello, all!

I just read the Monthly Newsletter and I really enjoyed the info One-Eyed Jack gave about the Nose Goblin. It's very interesting to hear that at one point Wizard101 would've had a tropical-themed world. Unfortunately, the idea was scrapped and the Nose Goblin nearly with it.

But, I got to thinking. Skull Island is a tropical themed world so wouldn't that mean that possibly Nose Goblins could exist on Skull Island. I believe this was brought up on a different thread, I just wanted to build off on it.

I know One-Eyed Jack said that it's unlikely Nose Goblins would appear in either Wizard101 or Pirate101, but I don't believe that it's that set in stone. I think it would be awesome of KI to include a Nose Goblin companion for some kind of promotion or bundle. I also think it would be even more awesome if Nose Goblin's appeared as mobs and bosses on a ship or cave dungeon somewhere in the Skull Island cluster.

But to keep this relatively simple, let's throwback to the Nose Goblin Companion idea. I think it would nice if for a Nose Goblin companion could appear in the Crown Shop (somewhere between 4995-7495 Crowns). It could be a Witchdoctor/Musketeer crossover. It could have 2 promotions. It could have as follows:

Nose Goblin Caller
Powers: Ghostwail, Mojo Strike, Evil Eye, Juju, Bone Chant

Nose Goblin Conjurer (Level 15)
Powers: Soulreaver, Mojo Blast, Eye Swarm, Big Juju, Cadaver's Chanty

Nose Goblin Shaman (Level 30)
Powers: Mournsong, Mojo Storm, Ocuboros, Great Juju, Wyvern's Song

Epic Pool:
Witch Hunter 2
Mojo Echo
Doomspell
Mojo Rising
Coward's Bane
Readied Spell

That's just my idea. I'm hoping it's not on the overpowered side.

I'm also opening this thread to discuss and pose ideas on Lore of the Nose Goblins. Write what you think the Nose Goblins might live like. Where are they? What do they do? What culture might they have? Who do they effect? Say whatever you think!

Thanks for reading!
Great idea although I would love to have a choice for Jobu's Rouse in there. Witchdoctors are notorious for being inaccurate and that one is one of my favorite counters.