Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No Trade-No Auction gear kind of unfair...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I understand why some rare items can't be auctioned but had to be earned for, and I roughly understand why you cant trade with other players. But I want to know why I cant give a hard earned item that I worked forever on to another pirate of mine.

It's really harming no-one if you can transfer stuff like Bishops Goggles from lets say your swashbuckler to your musketeer. If you worked hard for it, it should be completely available to you, rather than be exclusive for one pirate.

Removing No Trade also does not affect the rarity of the item. If you have one no trade item and give it to another character, you still end up having 1 rare no trade item. Its not like both of them have them (unless you have 2 of the same thing). So please remove no trade! I don't want to earn bishops goggles on my privy, and realise I can not give it to my swashbuckler!

So pretty much, there will be only be normal items and no-auction items. The end.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night pirates!

Developer
This request comes up fairly often.

The spectrum of sell/trade/auction types we have is working as intended.

No Trade items are intended as major achievements that are unique to each specific character.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Ratbeard on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:

No Trade items are intended as major achievements that are unique to each specific character.
Why

Community Leader

Its been awhile since I have dealt with this situation but when I had in the past I recall the main frustration for players is when they receive this "Major Achievement" and its something that the pirate that it was awarded to cannot even use it because its for a different class pirate. If the pirate that it was rewarded to cant use it, its not much of an achievement no matter how you slice it. If its been designed so that this doesn't happen then its not a major issue, however if its not changed, its a major frustration/problem, and not an achievement at all.

Items that are of no use to a player, are not an achievement. These items cannot be displayed as achievements, all they result in doing is filling up backpack and bank space, and usually the direct sell to a merchant to get rid of them pays so little, shouldn't major achievements have value?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It would be nice if the sell to merchant option were more in line with the combat value of the no trade no auction item.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009

fair enough but I am wondering, will they ever lose their NO TRADE status sometime in the future when new content is out?

one example I can give is in celestia (when it was the lastest world)

this is Wizard101

all of the 58+ gear was NO AUCTION

once zafaria came out, all the 58+ NO AUCTION lost its no auction status...

is their a possibility for these cases in the future?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
Its been awhile since I have dealt with this situation but when I had in the past I recall the main frustration for players is when they receive this "Major Achievement" and its something that the pirate that it was awarded to cannot even use it because its for a different class pirate. If the pirate that it was rewarded to cant use it, its not much of an achievement no matter how you slice it. If its been designed so that this doesn't happen then its not a major issue, however if its not changed, its a major frustration/problem, and not an achievement at all.

Items that are of no use to a player, are not an achievement. These items cannot be displayed as achievements, all they result in doing is filling up backpack and bank space, and usually the direct sell to a merchant to get rid of them pays so little, shouldn't major achievements have value?
I totally agree with you man, I got the quiver NT/NA item that gives return fire on my privateer....im melee, why should I use an item that doesn't even correspond to my class? :/

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

You have a very valid point. If an item is going to be limited to only class then I too feel it should be able to be traded. What is the point of a rare and valuable reward that cannot be utilized in the game at all?
A request for class limiting items to be traded to the class it is limited to is yar worthy in my book.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

YAR YAR YAR!

I mean come on, no trade between YOURSELF is pretty pointless. I worked hard for a super duper epic item on character A (who needs it), and character B gets it! Why should I dispose this awesome item, just because of some silly No Trade law!

It is unfair and I recommend P101 change this ASAP within the next update!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
The most frustrating thing is that there are no 'no trade' items that are class restrictive, BUT they have zero practical value on certain classes. Like, for example, the quiver on a buccaneer.

I would love to get the 'eyes of the cobra' on my max musketeer to give it to my buck, but I have to work my buccaneer all the way there to get it. The way I see it, no trade = each/every character has to get it for themselves = more subscription time.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
The most frustrating thing is that there are no 'no trade' items that are class restrictive, BUT they have zero practical value on certain classes. Like, for example, the quiver on a buccaneer.

I would love to get the 'eyes of the cobra' on my max musketeer to give it to my buck, but I have to work my buccaneer all the way there to get it. The way I see it, no trade = each/every character has to get it for themselves = more subscription time.
slightly ironic, been farming for it on my privateer, instead gets a useless no trade quiver...

then something dumb happens,
swashbuckler does it because main quest, and gets "eyes of the cobra" (gives first strike)
so now my Swashbuckler has these talents for first strike

first strkex3......first strike

(he attacks 4 times total) its kinda funny
example given: enemy attacks you
normally: first strike occurs THEN other events trigger via vengeance strike or they attack
my case: first strike, first strike again, THEN other events lol

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Same thing here why would my Buccaneer needed a Swashbuckler's weapon for ? It's really silly in my opinion, with this no trade non sense.I'm sorry to say that this No Trade features in the Gear section got to go in some cases.

Like this one Finn's Dagger, it feels like a waste as a Swashbuckler to not to receive it, as in keeping unwanted items as a Buccaneer( and other pirate class ). Some gears are useful in some class, some gears are not so great in other class,this no trade feature is too restrictive in my opinon.It's like teaching my pirate unnecessary things in other words.