Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No one wants help?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 14, 2008
I'm as antisocial as they come, but I do like to join in broadside ship battles because it takes less than half the time to finish a quest when we all work together. Today in particular I notice that more than half the people I've joined in broadside combat immediately board the ship once they see the crossed swords. Is there a special reason why they do this that I don't know about?

Personally I've never gotten more loot from boarding a ship and prefer getting cool ship goodies to getting more clothes and gold. It's frustrating for me as a player when another player boards because it ruins my chances of getting ship accessories. Do they not realize this?

Just to clear this up - no one can steal your rewards. Everyone in the battle gets the same rewards. Quests take 10 times longer when you board and/or go it alone on ship battles. I'm not going to try to be your best friend and follow you around - I promise.

Is my ship ugly or something? I like green.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
noobody1015 on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm as antisocial as they come, but I do like to join in broadside ship battles because it takes less than half the time to finish a quest when we all work together. Today in particular I notice that more than half the people I've joined in broadside combat immediately board the ship once they see the crossed swords. Is there a special reason why they do this that I don't know about?

Personally I've never gotten more loot from boarding a ship and prefer getting cool ship goodies to getting more clothes and gold. It's frustrating for me as a player when another player boards because it ruins my chances of getting ship accessories. Do they not realize this?

Just to clear this up - no one can steal your rewards. Everyone in the battle gets the same rewards. Quests take 10 times longer when you board and/or go it alone on ship battles. I'm not going to try to be your best friend and follow you around - I promise.

Is my ship ugly or something? I like green.
You generally do earn more gold from boarding, and have a chance at character gear. And you earn both regular experience and nautical experience from boarding. When you sink an opponent in broadside combat, you only earn the nautical experience. Of course, as you say you have a chance at ship equipment, which you cannot find if you board.