Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New World Idea

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
What an un-creative title.

Hello! Cruel Owen Quarrel here and I've had an idea stewing in my head for a few days that I thought would be very fun and fit in with the storyline, so here it is.

World War II/Great Depression-era New England. As unoriginal as it may seem [since it would likely be SO similar to Marleybone], I think it would fit in well with the storyline, seeing as the war we created between Marleybone and Valencia shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down. I mean, c'mon, if Ares himself is honored to meet us, we must have started a massive war, perhaps one of the biggest wars since the Polarian war which CREATED the Armada. That'd be rather fitting though, wouldn't it? A massive war created the Armada and a massive war would contribute to their downfall? Anyways, what I'm thinking is that the inhabitants of this world would speak in that same cheesy voice you hear the newscasters from that era use. They'd be dogs, but different breeds than the ones we've been seeing. So, instead of Doberman's, English Bulldogs, Pitbulls, Retrievers, Jack Russels and the like, we'd see Shiba Inus, Yorkies, Labradors, Chows, and Border Collies. We'd also see a TON of different people from different realms come here to "Live the ___ dream".

That brings me to the downside of this idea: I don't have a name yet. Not only that, it's unlikely that we'd go here for a map piece (the whole reason we go as of this story arc), and KI is probably so far ahead in development that they wouldn't even see this or be able to fit it into the story. They probably already have the rest of the El Dorado storyline planned out.

Still, I'd love to hear anybody's opinions on it. It would mean the world to me to hear some feedback on this idea. I hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 YARRR! (Sorry, Ratbeard cut off my title..)

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:

Hello! Cruel Owen Quarrel here and I've had an idea stewing in my head for a few days that I thought would be very fun and fit in with the storyline, so here it is.

World War II/Great Depression-era New England. As unoriginal as it may seem [since it would likely be SO similar to Marleybone], I think it would fit in well with the storyline, seeing as the war we created between Marleybone and Valencia shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down. I mean, c'mon, if Ares himself is honored to meet us, we must have started a massive war, perhaps one of the biggest wars since the Polarian war which CREATED the Armada. That'd be rather fitting though, wouldn't it? A massive war created the Armada and a massive war would contribute to their downfall? Anyways, what I'm thinking is that the inhabitants of this world would speak in that same cheesy voice you hear the newscasters from that era use. They'd be dogs, but different breeds than the ones we've been seeing. So, instead of Doberman's, English Bulldogs, Pitbulls, Retrievers, Jack Russels and the like, we'd see Shiba Inus, Yorkies, Labradors, Chows, and Border Collies. We'd also see a TON of different people from different realms come here to "Live the ___ dream".

That brings me to the downside of this idea: I don't have a name yet. Not only that, it's unlikely that we'd go here for a map piece (the whole reason we go as of this story arc), and KI is probably so far ahead in development that they wouldn't even see this or be able to fit it into the story. They probably already have the rest of the El Dorado storyline planned out.

Still, I'd love to hear anybody's opinions on it. It would mean the world to me to hear some feedback on this idea. I hope you have a fantastic week!

I like the idea

Very nice indeed

I would like to travel there

P.S. (Privateers rule)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Erin The Buccaneer on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I like the idea

Very nice indeed

I would like to travel there

P.S. (Privateers rule)
Thank you, I'm very happy you liked it :)
Any ideas for a name or something? I came up with some names for areas: New Hamster, New Yorkie, Purrmont, Conneticat, etc.
Woo! Privateer Power!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Awesome I vote for this to be in-game!
Nice ideas, Owen
Dashing Duncan Quinn
Privateer Power

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
dk4vision on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
Awesome I vote for this to be in-game!
Nice ideas, Owen
Dashing Duncan Quinn
Privateer Power

Why thank you very much, Duncan! I appreciate you taking the time to give your opinion, and I would love too if this was added though it's very unlikely :p I already thought of a companion in this world based off of Babe Ruth!

Woo Privateers :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:

Like Edward R. Murrow? Or do you mean those newsreel narrators? what about Great Danes or Chihuahuas?
I always thought a lynx or bobcat might be an interesting companion.
I'm including my privateer's name in the roll call: Marian Kidd Proud Privateer.
( although swashbucklers have my heart...)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 21, 2015 wrote:
Like Edward R. Murrow? Or do you mean those newsreel narrators? what about Great Danes or Chihuahuas?
I always thought a lynx or bobcat might be an interesting companion.
I'm including my privateer's name in the roll call: Marian Kidd Proud Privateer.
( although swashbucklers have my heart...)
I wasn't too sure who Edward R. Murrow was when reading this so I watched a 2:00 video on him slamming Senator McCarthy for the Red Scare, and while his tone and dialect are along the lines of what I was thinking, I think the main thing I'm looking for is speed. The narrator for "America Goes To War" is probably what I'd go for for the average citizen. Obviously different people would have different voices and tones, but I think that the newsreel narrators would be the main archetype. But that's just my opinion.
I absolutely adore Big Danes and think they would fit in great, as well as maybe Dalmatians. Chihuahuas creep me out a little but I know there are many people who adore them, and I think they'd be a good fit for this area. I like the idea of a lynx or a bobcat. For the companion I based off of Babe Ruth, Abe Ruthless, I made him a baboon. It seems crazy, but I was thinking that modern-day American baseball has a lot of players from the Dominican Republic, a hispanic country. So I was thinking since DR is a former Spanish colony, and Monquista is the Spiral equivalent of Spain, it might fit to have a primate in baseball.
I hope it didn't feel like I was saying I like Privateers and don't like other classes. I love all classes but Privateers have my heart too :3
Thank you very much for commenting and I hope you have a fantastic week :D

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Celestial Nomad

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I just want a new world.

Any new world.

Two years and a month is far too long to wait.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I thought of another more silly companion idea:

Robo-Claw, aka Alex Monkey who was a Monquistan who came to New Yorkie with his family and was born there. He joined the local police force, but was critically injured in a fight. He was found by the Armada (who are invading), and they made him better, faster, and stronger. You encounter him and have to battle him, because he was programmed to find you and destroy you. Once you defeat him, it turns out you beat him so bad his programming malfunctioned and you have to input new orders so that he doesn't die. He joins your crew in order to get revenge on the Armada, and to regain his.. monkey-ity? I don't know what the monkey-equivalent of humanity would be. But yeah, he's basically a monkey version of Robo-cop :)

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
I thought of another more silly companion idea:

Robo-Claw, aka Alex Monkey who was a Monquistan who came to New Yorkie with his family and was born there. He joined the local police force, but was critically injured in a fight. He was found by the Armada (who are invading), and they made him better, faster, and stronger. You encounter him and have to battle him, because he was programmed to find you and destroy you. Once you defeat him, it turns out you beat him so bad his programming malfunctioned and you have to input new orders so that he doesn't die. He joins your crew in order to get revenge on the Armada, and to regain his.. monkey-ity? I don't know what the monkey-equivalent of humanity would be. But yeah, he's basically a monkey version of Robo-cop :)
isn't this the plot line of robo-cop

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
fear griffon burke on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
isn't this the plot line of robo-cop
Yes. He's a parody of Robo-cop, just like El Toro is a parody of Zorro or Hawkules is a parody of Hercules.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I always wanted a futuristic themed world, like the one in the Jetsons t.v series or Futurerama t.v. series.

Any suggested name for a Sci-Fi themed world ?

Hint it's the one with the space alien ship in the puppet show. That would be a nice addition to our crew, alien companions.