Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Witchdoctor Powers (Ideas)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
Got an Idea for 2 new witch-doctor powers. I feel that these powers should be possible due to the content already in the game and therefore not so far-fetched. Hope all witch-doctors will encourage these ideas and or improve on them .

1. As witch-doctors level up their skills in magic or witch-craft become more powerful. One of the basic spells I am hoping they improve on is shadow step (teleporting). Right now they are capable of teleporting themselves only. If they were to improve on that, maybe they would learn how to teleport a friend/teammate (teammate will be referring to companions and friends fighting on the same team). When you choose to use the spell you would first select the person you want to teleport, then where you want to port them to. That would really help if they are surrounded by enemies and on their last breath. I would suspect such a power to have an infinite range such as shadow-step.

2. The next power i had in mind is an extreme defense for witch-doctors, as they have almost no armor and are meant to be ranged fighters. This one, I think, is an even more advanced level of teleportation. This power would allow witch-doctors to teleport all adjacent enemies away to random spots on the board. The enemies can reappear anywhere, it can be one square away or completely across the board, like I said, random.

So the first power i mentioned was an idea to help defend a teammate, but it can also be used strategically to attack, or a second shadow-step if you cast on yourself. The idea for the second power is as a major defense, and it's pretty similar to Moo Manchu's nefarious defense, but it can teleport more than one enemy and doesn't require an attack to be triggered since it would be consciously selected.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
These could be interesting....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
insane zane on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
Got an Idea for 2 new witch-doctor powers. I feel that these powers should be possible due to the content already in the game and therefore not so far-fetched. Hope all witch-doctors will encourage these ideas and or improve on them .

1. As witch-doctors level up their skills in magic or witch-craft become more powerful. One of the basic spells I am hoping they improve on is shadow step (teleporting). Right now they are capable of teleporting themselves only. If they were to improve on that, maybe they would learn how to teleport a friend/teammate (teammate will be referring to companions and friends fighting on the same team). When you choose to use the spell you would first select the person you want to teleport, then where you want to port them to. That would really help if they are surrounded by enemies and on their last breath. I would suspect such a power to have an infinite range such as shadow-step.

2. The next power i had in mind is an extreme defense for witch-doctors, as they have almost no armor and are meant to be ranged fighters. This one, I think, is an even more advanced level of teleportation. This power would allow witch-doctors to teleport all adjacent enemies away to random spots on the board. The enemies can reappear anywhere, it can be one square away or completely across the board, like I said, random.

So the first power i mentioned was an idea to help defend a teammate, but it can also be used strategically to attack, or a second shadow-step if you cast on yourself. The idea for the second power is as a major defense, and it's pretty similar to Moo Manchu's nefarious defense, but it can teleport more than one enemy and doesn't require an attack to be triggered since it would be consciously selected.
I would say that the first one should be limited to companions only, as that seems like something that could be used to troll and generally annoy others. Also the way this would work with movement would be extremely compicated.

As for the second one, I like that one more, But I think it should be changed to everyone within a witchdoctors range is teleported to a square 1 outside the range of the witchdoctor.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Yeah KI should add advanced telorportation,like bucklers Balk Fog they should add an infinite range,gruop teleport spell.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
insane zane on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:

In the case of the first power, I think a version of the Nefarious Defense used by Moo Manchu is what you had in mind? To select an endangered companion or team mate and move them to safety.
On the flip side of that; why not give witchdoctors Nefarious Defense? Move that enemy who is about to get in your face away from you.
I have a suggestion for a Witchdoctor talent:
Sixth Sense - enables the witchdoctor to know when a Hidden attack is coming, and reduces the damage from the attack by 25%. ( somewhat like a SB's Aware talent ).