For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

New side activities

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
14
I think it would be nice if Kingsisle added another side activity to pirate101. For example; Wizard101 has gardening and fishing, while Pirate101 has nautical. I would like to see a new side activity besides nautical. What does everyone else think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10462
space12350 on Jan 5, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be nice if Kingsisle added another side activity to pirate101. For example; Wizard101 has gardening and fishing, while Pirate101 has nautical. I would like to see a new side activity besides nautical. What does everyone else think?
Yes, yes, this has been asked for many times. I'm sure it will eventually be installed. Nautical isn't a "side" activity, it's a vital part of your experience as a pirate.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
14
anecorbie on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Yes, yes, this has been asked for many times. I'm sure it will eventually be installed. Nautical isn't a "side" activity, it's a vital part of your experience as a pirate.
True. But I mean more like an extra leveling system besides your character.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
96
I've posted a ton of times on side activities I want in the game, but I'm not an blind, kingsisle doesn't have the resources to make it happen. They have half of their original team since the layoff, and we're not their main game. The only thing I think they screwed up on is still advertising wizard101 even though it's reached its niche audience.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2053
piratical505 on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
I've posted a ton of times on side activities I want in the game, but I'm not an blind, kingsisle doesn't have the resources to make it happen. They have half of their original team since the layoff, and we're not their main game. The only thing I think they screwed up on is still advertising wizard101 even though it's reached its niche audience.
I disagree. Side activities would be just the thing to add to Pirate101 as the next update, something to bring older pirate players who have finished the story back to the Spiral. Because their team is smaller now is no reason to assume that nothing will happen.

They should be advertising BOTH games as much as possible. These games don't have a "niche" audience, but a BROAD appeal to many various age groups and family situations.

Everyone knows Jif makes peanut butter, but they still advertise.


Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1389
I would love to see Crafting come, and it was once on the KI list of Things to Do for Pirate. But plans may have changed. Fishing and Gardening are more "meh" for me.

I would also like to see them add the "daily tasks" that Wizard has. That is one side activity that shouldn't take a lot of programming time, I don't think anyway (what do I know about programming? Very, very little).

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10462
Indigo Ring on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
I would love to see Crafting come, and it was once on the KI list of Things to Do for Pirate. But plans may have changed. Fishing and Gardening are more "meh" for me.

I would also like to see them add the "daily tasks" that Wizard has. That is one side activity that shouldn't take a lot of programming time, I don't think anyway (what do I know about programming? Very, very little).

-Indigo
All they have to do is record "go to here" or "defeat this" then it would act as a quest. Also, design and place the Daily Task giver ( if they don't want to use Aegon Startz ). In fact a, Daily Task could be run on the Bounty Hunter idea rather than looking for Peckularities ( too magical-wizardly stuff ).
In any case most of the work is already done, it would just be repeating the process they used for Wizards.

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
14
Indigo Ring on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
I would love to see Crafting come, and it was once on the KI list of Things to Do for Pirate. But plans may have changed. Fishing and Gardening are more "meh" for me.

I would also like to see them add the "daily tasks" that Wizard has. That is one side activity that shouldn't take a lot of programming time, I don't think anyway (what do I know about programming? Very, very little).

-Indigo
It's not the programming that takes Kingsisle the longest it's sadly their team size in which they have to implement the codes because they could simply copy and paste the code from Wizard over to Pirate because its basically the same thing with the timer, but that wouldn't take long. But what takes Kingsisle probably the longest to do is the art work and level design because its just not about the coding its also how the level works and it can fit right into Pirate universe. Team size is the problem if they had to cut people but compared to other companies Kingsisle is rather new and the only way we can help them is to personally advertise or if anyone has a interest into the game and has a background of computers they could apply for their team. But Kingsisle should advertise both games more because the last time there was a Pirate101 commercial was in June 2013, which was also the last one for Wizard. But It remains to us"the people playing the game" to reach out to people because without the public Kingsisle would be no more but with our help Kingsisle will be able to prosper.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1389
I expect in many ways, PB, Pirate is the more labor-intensive in terms of the two games in terms of coding graphics and animation. Wizards stand around in a circle and cast at opponents, who stand around in a circle. When we fight, our pirates, our crew, our opponents, even our pets are running about whacking each other, doing crit flashy moves, etc. I expect new companions, opponents etc. eat a lot of time.

That said, the "Daily Chores" addition would not require any additional animation, except for the person handing out the tasks. It is one reason I think it would be a relatively easy and much appreciated addition for KI to make.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
96
Willowydream on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
I disagree. Side activities would be just the thing to add to Pirate101 as the next update, something to bring older pirate players who have finished the story back to the Spiral. Because their team is smaller now is no reason to assume that nothing will happen.

They should be advertising BOTH games as much as possible. These games don't have a "niche" audience, but a BROAD appeal to many various age groups and family situations.

Everyone knows Jif makes peanut butter, but they still advertise.

Ok you may have a point there, it's not that I don't want ki to add side activities, I guess I just need to be more thoughtful about it. For instance there are some ideas I should talk about, I once had an idea of a "bounty hunter" system we could add to pirate, it's essentially the skeleton key boss system in wizard, but slightly different-you go to a tavern and find a "bounty list" (a board full of pictures of convicts and what not with rewards under each of them) you can only go after them 2 ways, either using a "bounty hunters mark", a special sort of verification that changes in stature from red (lowest) to blue (middle) to fire gold (highest), this works like skeleton keys and corresponds to the rank of your bounty boss (the person your hunting). Or you can pay a small amount of scrip which grows with each rank of stature. the battles are timed though, if you don't baet the boss in the set amount of time you lose and they get away, you can get your mark back eventually after 2 days in real time but it will be one rank lower then it was before, and to return it to its original rank requires crafting.