Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Powers for Swashbucklers

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Since a few players have been suggesting new powers for their class, I think I'll share ideas for my favorite class:

Decoy: Summons up to three ghostly images of you, they will have half your stats and no epics. As they are much weaker versions of you, hopefully the AI will target them first, leaving you( or vulnerable crew ), alone.
Can not be trained by other classes, may be obtained by gear card.

Forget about giving this power to Monkey King, I want it.
Doppleganger: Summons up to three identical images of you, they will have two thirds of your stats and an epic attack- Sneak Attack.
Can not be trained by other classes, can not be obtained by gear card.

Mirror Image: Summons one identical image of you with full stats and two epics- Sneak Attack and Back Stab.
Can not be trained, can not be obtained by gear card.

Fog Bank: Team hide ( anyone on your team including summons and pets are hidden ) for three rounds, x2 weapon power, ends when you attack.

P.S. I think El Toro should have Gallant Defense as his next epic.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Could also be interesting....

or for musketeers-sabotage the ability to remove enemy traps from the field....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Since a few players have been suggesting new powers for their class, I think I'll share ideas for my favorite class:

Decoy: Summons up to three ghostly images of you, they will have half your stats and no epics. As they are much weaker versions of you, hopefully the AI will target them first, leaving you( or vulnerable crew ), alone.

Doppleganger: Summons up to three identical images of you, they will have two thirds of your stats and an epic attack- Sneak Attack.

Mirror Image: Summons one identical image of you with full stats and two epics- Sneak Attack and Back Stab.

Fog Bank: Team hide ( anyone on your team including summons and pets are hidden ) for three rounds, x2 weapon power, ends when you attack.

Would the decoys be allies or controlled? Will enemy players be able to tell the difference? Will they show up to the AI as yourself at half health, or as summoned minions?

Also for Fog Bank, Maybe it should be all players on the field, or half of the team, but not everyone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Would the decoys be allies or controlled? Will enemy players be able to tell the difference? Will they show up to the AI as yourself at half health, or as summoned minions?

Also for Fog Bank, Maybe it should be all players on the field, or half of the team, but not everyone.
The decoys,dopplegangers, and mirror image are summoned minions ( not under the control of the SB ) Telling the difference is up to the AI or the program code used for this power ( what do I know what goes into this? Less than nada. )
Fog Bank is meant to be the full team. One of the reasons I have it be only three rounds of hide, is that this is plenty of time to shield or heal, or set up 'the perfect storm' attack. It's not meant to be used like Black Fog which needs to have a group around for it to be effective. Fog Bank is meant to be used in the later stages of the battle. When a crew member is being targeted solely by all the enemies or as I said getting a crew member or yourself into position for an attack.
Also as with other hides its not stackable, if the SB is already hidden, it shouldn't go through.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Seems a bit much I mean, Swashbucklers are already WAY advanced than any of the other class. The powers sound nice, but a bit to much.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Seems a bit much I mean, Swashbucklers are already WAY advanced than any of the other class. The powers sound nice, but a bit to much.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27
Yes, as levels stand now, these powers would be OP. I meant these powers to be for much higher levels. For example: Mirror Image should be for level 90+ and Fog Bank for level 100, I feel we will be seeing these kind of levels within 18 months to 2 years from now.
When you consider that SB get their first hide at level 5 and WID at level 12 then we have to wait until level 65 for Black Fog, I don't feel these powers are unreasonable.
I'm just looking ahead and trying to determine what powers could enable me to defeat Kane.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

I myself pondered the ideas of being able to summon a "dummy"/decoy of the SB for combat. I just had a hard time determining the middle grounds between what would be OP and what would be a waste of time . You've got some great ideas for them. Way to take advantage of the "natural selection" strategy the AI loves using. Fog Bank will be amazing for my aggressive play style and for getting through some dungeons faster(cough Smuggler's Arena cough). I understand why Smuggler's is long, but it would be nice to be done quicker. Anyways, went off topic there. I hope KI uses some of these ideas.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

P.S. I completely agree that El Toro should get Gallant Defense

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013

Regarding Swashbuckler "Minion" Summon Powers:

Question -
Out of curiosity, will these "minions" continue to function after your pirate has been defeated (by this I mean that your character is knocked out, but some or all of your companions remain intact) like other minions or will they cease to exist if such a thing happens?

Personal Thoughts -
Personally, I think that it'd be pretty cool if their defeat animation was similar to Shiruku Neko's (the Cat Ninja's): POOF! I'm not big into Naruto, but the Shadow Clone defeat sequence would also be a cool animation.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
Regarding Swashbuckler "Minion" Summon Powers:

Question -
Out of curiosity, will these "minions" continue to function after your pirate has been defeated (by this I mean that your character is knocked out, but some or all of your companions remain intact) like other minions or will they cease to exist if such a thing happens?

Personal Thoughts -
Personally, I think that it'd be pretty cool if their defeat animation was similar to Shiruku Neko's (the Cat Ninja's): POOF! I'm not big into Naruto, but the Shadow Clone defeat sequence would also be a cool animation.
If I'm defeated, yet there are still companions in battle, then they should remain just as any summoned minion, of course if the situation is that I'm the last to be defeated, then the battle is over, since summons don't continue in that situation.
I like the idea of them doing the evil spirit 'death' animation, but going poof ( with a last scream of despair ), sounds cool.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Hey, here is a couple of ideas:

Smoke Bomb: You throw a smoke bomb at a companion giving them the hide in shadows from 3-4 squares away.

Shadow Run: You are hidden until the end of the turn and get to run a higher length then usual. Not sure how useful this would be, seems like a low level type of thing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 17, 2015 wrote:
Hey, here is a couple of ideas:

Smoke Bomb: You throw a smoke bomb at a companion giving them the hide in shadows from 3-4 squares away.

Shadow Run: You are hidden until the end of the turn and get to run a higher length then usual. Not sure how useful this would be, seems like a low level type of thing.
Interesting, I see that Smoke Bomb could work for musketeers and Shadow Run could be useful for Bucks or WD.