Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

new pet idea!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
when out on the sea, it is very comon to see some seagulls. this is why i think there should be a seagull pet in the game :)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How about a lamprey? This is one creepy fish. It is thin and has a round mouth filled with teeth and attaches itself to other fish. In game, maybe they would have colors or patterns and a spinning drill-like attack.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A hot pink slug was just discovered in Australia. This would make an interesting pet. It could have a slime attack!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Hedgehogs are really cute and would be a great pet. The spines could lead to a nice attack animation. I think it would have cheap shot.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
How about a skeleton crocodile ? It would have the same attacks as the Jungle Kroc.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
K I is not wanting to have clockworks as companions, wanting to keep them creepy. Maybe one of the clockwork birds would be allowable as a pet. I would have it attack by pecking and for it's epic it would open it's mouth and squirt poison from a nozzle where the tongue would be. It would only poison one enemy per epic poison hit. I'd give it repel boarders for an auto attack. It's name would be Nonatus Pip.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The seagull does seem a logical choice, now that you mention it.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I'd like the wasps (even maybe Vespa as an optional crown shop companion after you defeat her)

Also, the jellyfish (the really glowy ones), shark, lagoony, and juju chicken

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
LOL That would be so funny to have the juju chicken as a pet. Great idea! What epic talent would you give it?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I would love to be able to buy a ranged attack pet in the crowns shop, or better yet bosses could very rarely drop them. Some ranged pet ideas: A pet cannon that can move about on its own, A little manticore with spikes in its tail (that shoot out) instead of a scorpion tail, a harpy or monkey with a thrown projectile like the scarakeet's critical hit projectile. The ancient spirit pet could be ranged instead of melee. The AI directing a ranged pet's movement could be the same program directing the summoned skeletal corsair's movement.
Right now everyone wants an armadillo pet, but even with only one epic talent I think I would like a ranged pet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I would love a pet that would put a Juju boost on his team. That way, whatever boost they need, they would get a boost. Perhaps a healing pet too. One that would sense that your life is getting low and run up and heal someone.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If they made a healing pet, I nominate a little Bluebird of Happiness, like the bird on the small group heal. To keep it from being too epic maybe it would do a 5% heal within 4 spaces, if an enemy dodged or blocked next to it.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Indigo Ring on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
The seagull does seem a logical choice, now that you mention it.

-Indigo
I'd rather have one of those mechanical birds, they are cute. But what I like the most are the little rabbits that run around on the ground in Aquilla.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Calamity Finch on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
LOL That would be so funny to have the juju chicken as a pet. Great idea! What epic talent would you give it?
Hmm...not necessarily the best epic, but I think 'Witch Hunter' would be appropriate for a juju chicken...of course, when he is defeated, he bursts into a cloud of feathers with a loud clucking scream!

...and speaking of healing pets, I was thinking about this; how about the option to adopt one of the orphans from Marleybone? They follow you along as a pet does, taking up that position in your inventory (you can't have a pet and an orphan at the same time). They run around the battlefield 'cheering' on your side, granting a small amount of healing (more with a critical) to the crewman they're currently cheering on. Perhaps to make it interesting, one of them (either the boy puppy or the girl kitten) could do the healing, while the other instead adds a short lived bonus to attack or damage as it's special ability? When either is defeated in battle, their animation has them burst into tears and run off the field.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
galliard1 on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
Hmm...not necessarily the best epic, but I think 'Witch Hunter' would be appropriate for a juju chicken...of course, when he is defeated, he bursts into a cloud of feathers with a loud clucking scream!

...and speaking of healing pets, I was thinking about this; how about the option to adopt one of the orphans from Marleybone? They follow you along as a pet does, taking up that position in your inventory (you can't have a pet and an orphan at the same time). They run around the battlefield 'cheering' on your side, granting a small amount of healing (more with a critical) to the crewman they're currently cheering on. Perhaps to make it interesting, one of them (either the boy puppy or the girl kitten) could do the healing, while the other instead adds a short lived bonus to attack or damage as it's special ability? When either is defeated in battle, their animation has them burst into tears and run off the field.
Aww how sad. lol Poor little things. I would go broke giving them candy to make them feel better, lol

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
My friend was disappointed when the gold chicken turned out to be a furniture item; he thought it was a pet. So how about it? KI could make it a rare drop pet from that fight even.