Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New musketeer power! Rapid Fire!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
So in the test realm musketeers are really left out on all the excitement with receiving a new power to use

So I have come up with a power great for both PvE and PvP

Rapid Fire!

Rapid Fire is a power similar to the Buccaneer's Reckless Frenzy

Altough instead of losing health with each swing you lose 5% of your accuracy with each shot until you miss

If it is too overpowered their gun could become jammed for 1 or 2 turns so that they are a bit more vulnerable on fire power after the attack

Leave your thoughts on this exciting new power below

Any questions? I will answer those too!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
So in the test realm musketeers are really left out on all the excitement with receiving a new power to use

Rapid Fire!

Altough instead of losing health with each swing you lose 5% of your accuracy with each shot until you miss

If it is too overpowered their gun could become jammed for 1 or 2 turns so that they are a bit more vulnerable on fire power after the attack

I don't think this is a good analogy to compare Reckless Frenzy with your Rapid Fire.
1. With Reckless Frenzy, it only ends if they block/dodge your attack or you injure yourself too badly to continue/you defeat them. That's what makes it a successful attack.
2. If your Musketeer is losing 5% accuracy with every attack, then eventually an enemy will dodge the attack, whether you have successfully defeated them or not.
3. If the gun jams then I would consider the attack as ended.
Would it be better if Agility is affected by this attack, by doing less and less damage per attack?
Would there be a chance of a Burst Fire or Double Tap with this power. ( as a Bladestorm or Relentless may occur during Reckless Frenzy? )

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:

Rapid Fire!

I like this idea.

Ensign
Mar 08, 2013
Remember, Swashbucklers don't get a power as well, but they do get Riposte 3 (yes, please). And besides, you guys get Quick Draw 3 and Double Tap 3, both of which are very useful and important epic talents.

We swashes get Trap Sense 2 (which may or may not be very useful) with our Riposte 3.

- Golden Boris Grant

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2016 wrote:
I don't think this is a good analogy to compare Reckless Frenzy with your Rapid Fire.
1. With Reckless Frenzy, it only ends if they block/dodge your attack or you injure yourself too badly to continue/you defeat them. That's what makes it a successful attack.
2. If your Musketeer is losing 5% accuracy with every attack, then eventually an enemy will dodge the attack, whether you have successfully defeated them or not.
3. If the gun jams then I would consider the attack as ended.
Would it be better if Agility is affected by this attack, by doing less and less damage per attack?
Would there be a chance of a Burst Fire or Double Tap with this power. ( as a Bladestorm or Relentless may occur during Reckless Frenzy? )
1. The idea is that you stop attacking once you miss like reckless frenzy
2. Well that's the idea to eventually miss, otherwise this would be op
3. The gun jams as a penalty of using Rapid Fire ( this was just a suggestion in case it is too overpowered)

Losing agility instead of accuracy could be cool
Yes there would be a chance of burst fire and double tap, this power is basically reckless frenzy for

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
I Love the idea.Oh and its not too overpowered,I mean did you see how hard it is to fight people in Aquila and Valencia II?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheStormL0rd on Jun 11, 2016 wrote:
Remember, Swashbucklers don't get a power as well, but they do get Riposte 3 (yes, please). And besides, you guys get Quick Draw 3 and Double Tap 3, both of which are very useful and important epic talents.

We swashes get Trap Sense 2 (which may or may not be very useful) with our Riposte 3.

- Golden Boris Grant
Trap Sense 2 ( Alert ) is very useful - 50% damage reduction with a chance of no damage? Heck, yeah! Although I would like to know what that chance is, exactly?