Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"New" items in the Crowns Shop?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I was surprised and disappointed that several of the items labeled "New" in the Crown Shop are not, in fact, new at all. Only the Model MB Automobile has not been available in the game before. All the other Marleybone items are available from Housing Vendors -- either in Port Regal or Marleybone. Also strange is that the prices at those vendors were now raised from their original levels -- doubled or more! The Framed Map item used to be only 780 gold, but is now 2500?

I suppose it is the designers' prerogative to change things like gold prices in the game to balance the economy, but to advertise something as "New" when it isn't is not fair to players.

Administrator
Thanks for your post! I'll begin research on the matter, and if you would like to send me any links or further information, please feel free to email me at community@pirate101.com.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Administrator
As a follow up, the "New" flag has now been removed from all Items that could have been found in the game previously through another method, whether it was in a shop or as a drop. We also confirmed that the last change to our Marleybone furniture prices occurred in November 2013.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion and thanks for bringing it to our attention. We're really happy we can bring the elegance of Marleybone to all players at every level of the game through the Crown Shop and hope everyone enjoys displaying these items in their dorms, houses, and sanctums.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thanks, Jack - guess I missed the price adjustment because I had bought all that stuff way back when. Love the MB Automobile, anyway!!