Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Epic

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I had an idea for an epic which I haven't named yet because I'm bad with names (that would be good to suggest in the comments). Basically, it would be where, after a friend is defeated, you would be allowed to deal damage to the attacker if you were nearby. It would be good for musketeers because they could be anywhere they want and still take revenge on their fallen ally. Although I'm sure buccaneers could use it too...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I had an idea for an epic which I haven't named yet because I'm bad with names (that would be good to suggest in the comments). Basically, it would be where, after a friend is defeated, you would be allowed to deal damage to the attacker if you were nearby. It would be good for musketeers because they could be anywhere they want and still take revenge on their fallen ally. Although I'm sure buccaneers could use it too...
Hmm, sounds like a Reprisal or maybe Avenger would be a good name.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello there darkdoombro345. Nice idea for a power- I like the idea of being able to automatically strike back at an attacker that has defeated an ally. As far as names for the power, how about Retribution, Retaliation Strike, Revenges Wrath, Comrade's Counter or Fallen's Favor. I would be interested to know what other ideas some of our fellow pirates have for names of your power idea.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ooh, I like this idea! I would call it Revenge if it were an epic since, well, there's a Pokémon move that works in a similar way. That attack deals double damage if an ally fainted the previous turn. I don't think it would be triggered much, since we all try to keep our Companions and friends alive in a fight. Nobody wants a group of wounded Companions!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
i know! you could call it vengeance stri . . . .
never mind.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello there darkdoombro345. Nice idea for a power- I like the idea of being able to automatically strike back at an attacker that has defeated an ally. As far as names for the power, how about Retribution, Retaliation Strike, Revenges Wrath, Comrade's Counter or Fallen's Favor. I would be interested to know what other ideas some of our fellow pirates have for names of your power idea.
I like the sound of Fallen's Favor !

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Ooh, I like this idea! I would call it Revenge if it were an epic since, well, there's a Pokémon move that works in a similar way. That attack deals double damage if an ally fainted the previous turn. I don't think it would be triggered much, since we all try to keep our Companions and friends alive in a fight. Nobody wants a group of wounded Companions!
Ye might be referring to the move, Retaliate . I'm an avid Pokemon player too, hehe.

Revenge does double damage upon the user getting hit by the other Pokemon.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Thanks for the ideas! I'm thinking of something along the lines of "Retaliation- something" or maybe "Avenging-s something"... the only reason I thought of this was because of enemies with vengeance strike as well as relentless (i'm looking at you, Ettins). They attack after being attacked... and then they do it again and again and again! Usually it just doesn't seem like attacking without magic or guns anymore, but if this were to work and the opponent had already used all their vengeance strikes and relentlesses (makes sense) then it might increase your chances of winning incredibly.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Ye might be referring to the move, Retaliate . I'm an avid Pokemon player too, hehe.

Revenge does double damage upon the user getting hit by the other Pokemon.
My mistake! I thought it was the other way around! Thanks for the correction, no wonder my Bouffalant wasn't doing as much damage as I thought it should have been. Soooo, I guess we can call this new epic Retaliate!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah, but at the same time there's vengeance strike, and do ye really want a hurt companion either?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
darkdoombro345 on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, but at the same time there's vengeance strike, and do ye really want a hurt companion either?
Of course I don't want my companions to be hurt! My only companion that I use on a regular basis with Vengeance Strike is Gracie Conrad, and I'm boosting her health and damage. She is usually overlooked by the enemies until it's too late, so she doesn't take too much damage. But when she does, oh boy, whoever hit her better look out! When I was lower leveled (15-30 range) I had Subodai as my firstmate. I gave him Vengeance Strike and Relentless, so I usually had him in the middle of combat so he'd trigger those epics. MOST companions that are able to train Vengeance Strike are usually hardy and have high health and/or armor so they don't take much damage in the first place.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012

i believe you mean retaliate.
yes yes and yes again.

i will have revenge for the fallen

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
Maybe call it guardian for melee, and cover fire for the ranged version

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I thought up the names Ally's bravery, avenge me!, and retribution. Anybody likey?