Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New concept: Pirate Domains

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
It's a known fact that during the old pirate eras, pirate captains would take land as their own, and claim it as their domain. These pirate captains controlled sections of the sea, and began to become known as warlords. I find that the introduction of custom pirate domains would be an awesome addition to Pirate101.

Think about it. After say halfway through the game, you've become very strong as a pirate! Your crew is large and dependable, your ship is strong and swift, and your name is known throughout the lands. It would make sense if you were able to perhaps purchase domains, that would work the same way that a house works in Pirate101. The only difference being, you may use your ship in your domain. There may even be villagers that move into your domain. This idea could do wonders for the Pirate101 franchise. Please do consider thinking over this suggestion, for it is something I could see definitely improving the game. (Not that it's not amazing already )

Thanks for your time!
-Joker/Wolf

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
This makes me think of a game where you could capture zones of from certain NPC factions with a chance of them retaking them and you fighting them to maintain them.

So, instead of just keeping to the player only, like houses, this would be wonderful for PVP, you or a group of other players would capture an area of the skyway of a world, and make it your domain, and you would have to maintain it and defend from capture by other players.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ricardo6802 on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
This makes me think of a game where you could capture zones of from certain NPC factions with a chance of them retaking them and you fighting them to maintain them.

So, instead of just keeping to the player only, like houses, this would be wonderful for PVP, you or a group of other players would capture an area of the skyway of a world, and make it your domain, and you would have to maintain it and defend from capture by other players.
Why does everything have to be PVP related or have fighting? Why can't we have a place to sail around and chill?
You want to PVP in group? Get the Smuggler's Cove house, it has a 4 v 4 PVP arena.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Interesting idea. When you mentioned villagers moving in, I thought of games where you grow towns and cities. Maybe this could also be a new kind of side activity, manage your town to produce resources like pet snacks or equipment. It could be somewhere between crafting and gardening. You would go out in the spiral to find resources to make your villagers happy and able to make things. Maybe you would have to seek the new residents and bring them home. They might start as apprentice farmers and leather workers, etc, and have a way to improve them to journeymen and masters.
I imagine a village of happy, busy water moles and Guinea pigs. Oops, the town grew and they want a church. Off to Monquista to find a cleric. Oh and the leather workers want me to get some storm shark skins on the way. The masons want Aquillan marble too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
Interesting idea. When you mentioned villagers moving in, I thought of games where you grow towns and cities. Maybe this could also be a new kind of side activity, manage your town to produce resources like pet snacks or equipment. It could be somewhere between crafting and gardening. You would go out in the spiral to find resources to make your villagers happy and able to make things. Maybe you would have to seek the new residents and bring them home. They might start as apprentice farmers and leather workers, etc, and have a way to improve them to journeymen and masters.
I imagine a village of happy, busy water moles and Guinea pigs. Oops, the town grew and they want a church. Off to Monquista to find a cleric. Oh and the leather workers want me to get some storm shark skins on the way. The masons want Aquillan marble too.
I completely LOVE this idea! It would make a unique side activity that would keep it separate from W101 while doing what Gardening usually does!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I really like where you're going with this concept, especially since P101 realistically needs is own side content that isn't a direct port from W101 like crafting and gardening, I mean I like having unique gear and all, but sometimes it isn't worth the literal days gathering 500 stone from Dragonspire whilst racing against other realm hoppers that are verbally abusing you for wanting to do the same thing as you.

Being able to build your own town (or at least moving people into your house) that will make stuff for you or produce snacks for you in exchange for items dropped by mobs rather than picking them up off the ground 500 times would be so much better than crafting to be honest.

Also, this could also be a place where KI could implement the high level training areas that have been requested recently or the place where you can verse your own companions to see how their current build works out.

I really like this idea, but it sounds massive and would probably be 1-1.5 years before hitting the test realm.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
If I were to have a village, I would want it to be inhabited by something very powerful, something that could do whatever I tell it without breaking a sweat. A creature so evil and nefarious, that even though they may be made fun of for being weak and powerless, in reality they control all. Of course I am speaking of... TROGGIES. You may laugh, but the troggies are coming. They work in the shadows. Avery's a troggy you know. The only reason he sent you to skull island is so that the troggies could trap you. The old monquistan king and queen: troggies. Kane wants to take skull island to free his brethren: the TROGGIES. The list goes ON and ON! THEY'RE SLOWLY TAKING OVER THE SPIRAL!

Anyways, it would be nice to rule over a village of troggies.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
If I were to have a village, I would want it to be inhabited by something very powerful, something that could do whatever I tell it without breaking a sweat. A creature so evil and nefarious, that even though they may be made fun of for being weak and powerless, in reality they control all. Of course I am speaking of... TROGGIES. You may laugh, but the troggies are coming. They work in the shadows. Avery's a troggy you know. The only reason he sent you to skull island is so that the troggies could trap you. The old monquistan king and queen: troggies. Kane wants to take skull island to free his brethren: the TROGGIES. The list goes ON and ON! THEY'RE SLOWLY TAKING OVER THE SPIRAL!

As long as they don't eat their leaders......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hmmm, somewhat like being a Governor of our own Island chain? Sounds a tad familiar.......

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Right! Based off of reactions, I'd say the people want it. ^^ in a way this reminds me of settlements in Fallout 4, but just with a little less responsibility. Thank you for your addition! ^^

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:

Hahaha, your village, your choice