Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Companion Updates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 06, 2011
I have only one problem with the new updates. Wounded companions. A game like this is supposed to be fun. This takes fun out of the game. I realize that is probably intended to add difficulty, however it just slows game play. If I am soloing, which is what I mostly do, and I am playing through a hard area. Like the various temples at the end of Mooshu. I lost a companion in each of them. They were all orange to me. It takes about four hours to heal a companion. By the end I had 7 wounded companions with a couple hours left on the first one. that was all of the good companions. I had no choice, but to log off and wait for them to heal. I am fine with difficult fights, and dungeons however I don't want a change that just slows game play. The fights aren't any harder, I am just forced to wait around more. Does anyone else feel the same? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TheLibertarian on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I have only one problem with the new updates. Wounded companions. A game like this is supposed to be fun. This takes fun out of the game. I realize that is probably intended to add difficulty, however it just slows game play. If I am soloing, which is what I mostly do, and I am playing through a hard area. Like the various temples at the end of Mooshu. I lost a companion in each of them. They were all orange to me. It takes about four hours to heal a companion. By the end I had 7 wounded companions with a couple hours left on the first one. that was all of the good companions. I had no choice, but to log off and wait for them to heal. I am fine with difficult fights, and dungeons however I don't want a change that just slows game play. The fights aren't any harder, I am just forced to wait around more. Does anyone else feel the same? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
Hi Libertarian, welcome to the message boards. Perhaps Ratbeard's answer in this thread may help you out.