Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Book 15 Puppet Shows thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, I watched the three new Puppet Shows from Book 15, & I really enjoyed them, all well-animated, humorous, & well written, just as always!

So, there are some thoughts I would like to share, especially to you, Donkey Hotay.

1st, in the Gazpaccio Puppet Show, I spotted a particular character in that show's three notable scenes, who is none other than Don Rigatoni, the NPC from "This is the Key". I saw him in the 1st scene with D.R. with G, the 2nd scene where D.R. betrays G upon him making servants before Kane, & the 3rd & last scene where Kane launches his created device against the servant in G's hopes he would have vengeance against the Tortellini Crabs, however, I distinctly know Don Rigatoni didn't join the Tortellini Crabs, he's with the Rigatoni Crabs, so that's a character placement error. What I would really like to wish to change that show is to replace Don Rigatoni with a new character that truly is with the Tortellini Crabs, & I think Don Tortellini would be more appropriate for us seeing Gazpaccio with D.T. in that show's three scenes with them. Hope you're up to doing character replacement work in that show. My mind tells me that D.R. doesn't belong in that show at all.

2nd, I loved the cameo appearances of W101's characters, including Merle Ambrose in his mechanical toy state in the scene where G presents his toys to the children! That part is very hilarious to watch, especially where Merle launches his spell against the mechanical toy representation of the Gobbler King! Or is it Prince Gobblerton? Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it!

3rd, the last show, called El Dorado II, enjoyable as that scene is, it was a bit too short, in terms of story & exposition about how G used the broken pieces of the Golden Sentinel as his share of Marco Pollo's treasure he found in El Dorado. I honestly expected G tearing apart more of his Sentinel pieces he scavenged & how he ripped out it's Golden Heart & Mind, & only used the Golden Mind in the creation to Kane, explaining that part on how Kane was created. Honestly, in it's present state, it's a bit, well... unsatisfying to my POV. Hope you've some time to extend that show to accommodate the missing exposition & story it should have needed to begin with.

4th, there are also many spelling errors in the new shows, too, but, I'll get to that to a different post later.

5th, I loved the colors in the Resistance Puppet Show! So vibrant & strong, even the contrast there spoke "NEW!" in my heart & mind! They captivated my eyes very well!

6th, the new shows in the "My Puppet Shows" page are out of order. They need rearranging in the order they were viewed in from the quests that came with them in Book 15.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the new Puppet Shows! It was about time we got some more new shows to watch! They always tell such stories in the Spiral in many ways! My view on them, they may need some more polish & revising work.

My thanks once again, Donkey Hotay! Keep making more shows!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Let's think on this. Don Rigatoni's not supposed to appear with the Tortellini Crabs in the Gazpaccio Puppet Show, 'cause he's with the Rigatoni Crabs.

How could he appear with in that Puppet Show & the game at once when he already is in the game? He doesn't even have a twin brother or a duplicate look-a-like.

There should be a new character to take his place in that show, so that the confusion would be cleared up.

There's still some spelling & grammar errors that need correcting, and they've not been fixed since they were launched.

The thoughts I posted would input polish on those new shows. Donkey Hotay probably already read those, but I thought I would let him & the people that helped make these shows know.

Pirates, what else do you think about the new Puppet Shows? Share your thoughts here.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Trimond297 on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
Let's think on this. Don Rigatoni's not supposed to appear with the Tortellini Crabs in the Gazpaccio Puppet Show, 'cause he's with the Rigatoni Crabs.

How could he appear with in that Puppet Show & the game at once when he already is in the game? He doesn't even have a twin brother or a duplicate look-a-like.

There should be a new character to take his place in that show, so that the confusion would be cleared up.

There's still some spelling & grammar errors that need correcting, and they've not been fixed since they were launched.

The thoughts I posted would input polish on those new shows. Donkey Hotay probably already read those, but I thought I would let him & the people that helped make these shows know.

Pirates, what else do you think about the new Puppet Shows? Share your thoughts here.
I noticed that as well. Maybe Don Tortellini looks similar to Rigatoni? We wouldn't know, we never even meet him. I'd also like to see the text errors fixed, and the huge lag to be gone too.