Needs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
26
I could remember that in cool ranch there was a guy that gives shortcuts with his little thing with buffaloons and I hoped it was same all other worlds but there wasn't witch made things a lot harder for me because I have a low level ship. from golden dino webb max buccaneer and dark dino webb level 16 musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9070
Golden Dino Webb on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I could remember that in cool ranch there was a guy that gives shortcuts with his little thing with buffaloons and I hoped it was same all other worlds but there wasn't witch made things a lot harder for me because I have a low level ship. from golden dino webb max buccaneer and dark dino webb level 16 musketeer
You mean the Cool Ranch stage coach, it was added because Cool Ranch is the largest world we have ( atm ) and there were many quests requiring us to sail from one end of CR to another and back.
Why are there so many pirates that are lazy about using their ships?
Set the companions you don't like to the Sailin' task and get yourself some nautical XP the easy way. Also have them Plunder or Scavenge for you to get loot and gold so you can buy a better ship!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
79
Golden Dino Webb on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I could remember that in cool ranch there was a guy that gives shortcuts with his little thing with buffaloons and I hoped it was same all other worlds but there wasn't witch made things a lot harder for me because I have a low level ship. from golden dino webb max buccaneer and dark dino webb level 16 musketeer
I mean personally I like to just set my ship on a windlane and spend the bit of time browsing, doing random things and using it as quick 4-5 minute break to get a snack or something, but what Anecorbie was saying, it makes sense for it to be in Cool Ranch but no where else because what's the point of your ship then? :[

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
116
Well, I traversed through all the worlds on only my ship back in the day (2012) with no stage coach. You have to remember that we are Pirates, not wizards. Our ships are our main way of transportation, other than our legs and mounts. I suggest enjoying the scenery around you and getting a better ship. Not to mention, having some patience when it comes to skyway travel. Good luck fellow Pirate!

Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
35
No offence, but I don't think that a stagecoach is necessary for every word. Cool Ranch isn't even really necassery, however it does make it WAY easier to travel around (please don't remove it because I said that). It isn't really that difficult to sail from one skyway to another.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9070
Awesome Thomas on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
No offence, but I don't think that a stagecoach is necessary for every word. Cool Ranch isn't even really necassery, however it does make it WAY easier to travel around (please don't remove it because I said that). It isn't really that difficult to sail from one skyway to another.
As one player who did that before the stagecoach was implemented, I disagree. The CR Stagecoach gets my award for Best Idea Ever in P101!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
anecorbie on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
As one player who did that before the stagecoach was implemented, I disagree. The CR Stagecoach gets my award for Best Idea Ever in P101!
What about the armada? I think that's their best idea. but the stage coach was pretty cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9070
Fearless Finnagan on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
What about the armada? I think that's their best idea. but the stage coach was pretty cool.
The Armada is the plot, this idea improved this one world. Maybe I should say Best Idea for a Single World, but that would make the title as big as CR.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
Awesome Thomas on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
No offence, but I don't think that a stagecoach is necessary for every word. Cool Ranch isn't even really necassery, however it does make it WAY easier to travel around (please don't remove it because I said that). It isn't really that difficult to sail from one skyway to another.
I think the issue is that it took so darned long to get from Santa Pollo to Bison Village, and if you had limited play time, CR ate pretty much all of it sailing from point A to point B. After my first pirate or two made it through CR sailing every inch of the way, I got to where I dreaded anyone else getting to that point. Anything after is an absolute breeze, and I quite like sailing around in Marleybone and Moo Shu. But holy smokes did I hate Cool Ranch with an absolute passion!

I love the stage coach. I don't want to see it in any other worlds, but I adore it in Cool Ranch (which I still dislike a lot, but at least I'm not trapped there for six weeks of play time). It's particularly useful when you get sent back to CR from Marleybone.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1619
Golden Dino Webb on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I could remember that in cool ranch there was a guy that gives shortcuts with his little thing with buffaloons and I hoped it was same all other worlds but there wasn't witch made things a lot harder for me because I have a low level ship. from golden dino webb max buccaneer and dark dino webb level 16 musketeer
Why do you have a low level ship? Do you not know where to find the Ship Vendors, or is it because you have low gold available? Maybe if you went back and engaged some of the ships where it's easy for you, and got drops of ship equipment to outfit a higher-leveled ship and sold those you didn't need, you'd soon have enough gold to buy a new ship in the world you're currently questing in...

Ensign
May 12, 2011
42
Worlds that needs a stagecoach, but could use another name for each world, are Skull island, CR(already in there, but it still needs to be there), and Mooshu. Skull Island and Mooshu are both a bit big worlds, but since they're smaller than cool ranch, only the major places should have them like for example:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Jonah Town, Flotsam, etc
Mooshu: Hamamitsu, Sujimura village, Yagizawa, etc

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9070
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Worlds that needs a stagecoach, but could use another name for each world, are Skull island, CR(already in there, but it still needs to be there), and Mooshu. Skull Island and Mooshu are both a bit big worlds, but since they're smaller than cool ranch, only the major places should have them like for example:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Jonah Town, Flotsam, etc
Mooshu: Hamamitsu, Sujimura village, Yagizawa, etc
I've always suspected that these journeys were shorter than many players were complaining about - so I went on line and tested the time it takes ( from dock to dock ) to travel in Skull Island & MooShu and the results surprised even me.
NOTE: I used my Skull Island raft as a base measurement ( it's the slowest ship available to all. ) So with faster ships the times will be shorter.
Skull Island to Jonah Town: 1 minute, 13 seconds
Skull Island to Flotsam ( going by way of Blood Shoals ): 1 minute 15 seconds.
Flotsam to Jonah Town ( going past the Lighthouse ): 1 minute 22 seconds.
Hamamitsu to Sujimura: 45 seconds. ( yes, really )
Sujimura to Yagizawa ( retracing back to the Hamamitsu entrance and changing windlanes ): 1 minute 55 seconds.
Yagizawa to Hamamitsu: 1 minute 38 seconds.
Extra stagecoaches aren't necessary, when it takes less than 2 minutes to go from dock to dock!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Worlds that needs a stagecoach, but could use another name for each world, are Skull island, CR(already in there, but it still needs to be there), and Mooshu. Skull Island and Mooshu are both a bit big worlds, but since they're smaller than cool ranch, only the major places should have them like for example:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Jonah Town, Flotsam, etc
Mooshu: Hamamitsu, Sujimura village, Yagizawa, etc
But no skull island stagecoach in Tradewinds skyway, the idea isn't necessary anyway

Ensign
May 12, 2011
42
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I've always suspected that these journeys were shorter than many players were complaining about - so I went on line and tested the time it takes ( from dock to dock ) to travel in Skull Island & MooShu and the results surprised even me.
NOTE: I used my Skull Island raft as a base measurement ( it's the slowest ship available to all. ) So with faster ships the times will be shorter.
Skull Island to Jonah Town: 1 minute, 13 seconds
Skull Island to Flotsam ( going by way of Blood Shoals ): 1 minute 15 seconds.
Flotsam to Jonah Town ( going past the Lighthouse ): 1 minute 22 seconds.
Hamamitsu to Sujimura: 45 seconds. ( yes, really )
Sujimura to Yagizawa ( retracing back to the Hamamitsu entrance and changing windlanes ): 1 minute 55 seconds.
Yagizawa to Hamamitsu: 1 minute 38 seconds.
Extra stagecoaches aren't necessary, when it takes less than 2 minutes to go from dock to dock!
Impressive

But i wasnt really complaining about it, it was just a suggestion since they are the top 3 biggest worlds so far.

There are some people who play but their computers take a long time to load, or tend to not respond while loading (like me). so faster travel would be good for them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9070
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Impressive

But i wasnt really complaining about it, it was just a suggestion since they are the top 3 biggest worlds so far.

There are some people who play but their computers take a long time to load, or tend to not respond while loading (like me). so faster travel would be good for them.
Then that's the fault of the computer and not the game, I'm sorry that you're having a loading problem, though.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Worlds that needs a stagecoach, but could use another name for each world, are Skull island, CR(already in there, but it still needs to be there), and Mooshu. Skull Island and Mooshu are both a bit big worlds, but since they're smaller than cool ranch, only the major places should have them like for example:

Skull Island: Skull Island, Jonah Town, Flotsam, etc
Mooshu: Hamamitsu, Sujimura village, Yagizawa, etc
No, those are multi-skyway worlds, but they are not big skyways. No need for those there.