Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Name Change Idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
Hey guys,
I was wondering if some sort of name changing option could be implemented in the next update. There are a lot of players that have given their pirates unfavorable names and restarting the character is no longer an option. Here is how it could work: Every currently existing character on one's account would have the opportunity to use one name change. After this is used they cannot change their name again. Since it will only effect characters that are currently existing and you can only change a character's name once I believe I have nerfed this ability enough to be considered by staff.
What do you guys think?

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's a mixed feeling sure changing your pirate character's name is great,however old friends may get confused.
Suddenly Nicole is Irene and Rodrigo is Joe, then an old friend wanted to talk to your character to request help from a tough boss or long dungeon, and says " Wait, you were Nicole now your name is Irene ? "

Since I have created and named them a long time ago, I thought they are only temporary character. I got attached to them quickly. A name change in my opinion is highly not recommended for characters that old.

Then again a newly created character is a great idea.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
FrozenPirate on Jul 25, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys,
I was wondering if some sort of name changing option could be implemented in the next update. There are a lot of players that have given their pirates unfavorable names and restarting the character is no longer an option. Here is how it could work: Every currently existing character on one's account would have the opportunity to use one name change. After this is used they cannot change their name again. Since it will only effect characters that are currently existing and you can only change a character's name once I believe I have nerfed this ability enough to be considered by staff.
What do you guys think?
I think it would only be remotely viable if you could see the names people used to go by to avoid trolls and scammers, and for if you don't recognize a friend's name.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
It would be awesome for a namechange update (Golden Lucas Ashburn.... so fearsome XD) and as for friends not recognizing you, maybe just an alert on when they log on saying," Your friend so-and-so has changed their name to so-and-so"

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
Adding onto my previous reply, maybe 50 crowns for namechange? Possibly 100.

Also, could we change our "companion colors"? They are random and when you get them, they apply for every companion, so with my luck, I end up with an orange team. Does NOT go well with Aquila marble-white.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
aaronz2013 on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:

Also, could we change our "companion colors"? They are random and when you get them, they apply for every companion, so with my luck, I end up with an orange team. Does NOT go well with Aquila marble-white.
Companion colors depend on your flag color. you can change that for 100 crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
aaronz2013 on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:

Voodoo Cornelius is quite right you can change your flag's colors. Go into the bazaar and proceed to the back room, there you'll find a vendor called Major Flagstaff. For a minimal fee of a 100 crowns you can completely change your flag - colors, symbol and division.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
Thx for the fast reply! Totally helped. Now my Shriko kitty lady isn't a freaky orange ;D