Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Suggestions to Better the Game

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Yes, Scrapper is valuable, and as for 'taking up a slot that may be better used for combat', what nonsense! You don't always get to assign a point into the stats for combat, why not use that point for getting your companion back sooner?
What if there's going to be a cap on bed-rest times? If so then those of us who have trained 1 or 2 ranks in scrapper will be sitting pretty and getting wounded companions back before the combat oriented players.
What if in the up coming up-date you can train rank 3 - 4 in Scrapper: at increments of 10% per rank, this will really cut down the time!
I understand your point, but I don't see why we should waste a slot on it. For Example: my Kobe currently runs Rough, Agile, Dodgy and Tough (currently only at level 35 as I'm working on a new Bucc, didn't like my Presidio Companion choice). The next level won't allow me to boost those stats further, so I'll have to choose a new one. The logical choice would be Scrapper or Armored, which I would honestly go Armored over Scrapper due to the fact that he has low defenses and Tough can only do so much. If I were to use Scrapper instead, that's like promoting his 'death', yes you're preparing for the inevitable but that's the thing with something as precautionary as Scrapper: either way it's kind of a waste. You could've chosen another defensive stat to fortify your weakness(s) and further prevent your Companion's demise instead of slightly reducing their recovery.

This is just my opinion and play style, I am by no means stating Scrapper is a terrible choice; simply that it's not a valid choice for me. Even if you do the math, Scrapper doesn't reduce much time in the long run (at its current rank cap of 3). When the time comes that it's raised to, say, Rank 5 then I might start investing in it, but to have less than a third of your recovery time reduced at the expense of a slot that could house a rather large stat boost is a bit risky.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
The only thing I'd like to add to this is, when you mention Glass Cannons, I'm fairly certain Old Scratch definitely fits into this category too, am I right? At level 62, with maxed out Tough, I feel like a good thing would be to give him a higher base Health, or to add Rank 5 to talents in the next update. Don't get me wrong, he's fun to use, but with him dying all the time he doesn't give me much reason to use him. I currently have Mojo Echo 2 [Relentless] and Improved Mojo Blast 2 [Which is the same radius as A BARRAGE WHICH IS INSANE] so he definitely has potential, but he doesn't have much survivability.
I agree with you, he is definitely a Glass Cannon in his own right. Not to mention that Witchdoctors don't tend to hit as hard as Swashes or even Buccs, so I see what you mean. I normally don't run him, not my style, but I've OHKOed plenty of Scratches in PvP to know how weak his defenses are.

My build seems to be the same as yours (not including Talents) and you're definitely correct, he's just too squishy. His attacks are normally a 50/50 chance as is with the 75% AoE clinch (unaffected by Accuracy buffs) and when you add in how easy it is to simply wipe him out it's kind of sad. I love his character design and voice, but combat practicality is minimal at best. Currently, I only use him for the Orders and gave him Talents to reduce their times.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
I understand your point, but I don't see why we should waste a slot on it. For Example: my Kobe currently runs Rough, Agile, Dodgy and Tough (currently only at level 35 as I'm working on a new Bucc, didn't like my Presidio Companion choice). The next level won't allow me to boost those stats further, so I'll have to choose a new one. The logical choice would be Scrapper or Armored, which I would honestly go Armored over Scrapper due to the fact that he has low defenses and Tough can only do so much. If I were to use Scrapper instead, that's like promoting his 'death', yes you're preparing for the inevitable but that's the thing with something as precautionary as Scrapper: either way it's kind of a waste. You could've chosen another defensive stat to fortify your weakness(s) and further prevent your Companion's demise instead of slightly reducing their recovery.

This is just my opinion and play style, I am by no means stating Scrapper is a terrible choice; simply that it's not a valid choice for me. Even if you do the math, Scrapper doesn't reduce much time in the long run (at its current rank cap of 3). When the time comes that it's raised to, say, Rank 5 then I might start investing in it, but to have less than a third of your recovery time reduced at the expense of a slot that could house a rather large stat boost is a bit risky.
Kobe Yojimbo is a swashbuckler and doesn't benefit from Rough, his damage comes from Agility. You could also make him Accurate, why be Dodgy, Tough and Armored and not be able to hit?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

I'd have to agree with you, Nightblood. I have 66, level 65+ companions & have assigned 0 points towards Scrapper. The argument for Scrapper being useless or valuable depends entirely on the player & how that player plays the game.

When advanced companions made it's debut, I was in Aquila, maxed but only with decent gear as a whole-- some great pieces & some not-so great. Throughout AQ it was rare to lose a companion. I found a strategy that worked against all classes of enemies & won most mob & boss battles with very little health lost & a full crew still intact. So, why would I use Scrapper when I could use something else? While finishing up questing in AQ & while farming the land of the Eagles, I had a total of 2-4 crew members available-- the rest were all assigned tasks. Scrapper was 100% of no use to me.

Then came the Tower/Arena & much tougher battles & enemies. I took some companions off their tasks & thought, 'should I also reset them and 'equip' them with the Scrapper talent...NO, I should not'. Why, because I knew that I would be lucky to get 1 Tower or Arena run in a month, much less a day. Scrapper was simply useless to my crew. If I managed to get time, I would just wait until later in the evening & whoever bit the dust would be healed by morning. I have only been able to run the tower/arena a combined 6 times...and all in with only 1 other pirate. The most I lost in any 1 given, successful, run was 5-7 companions on my pirate. But I had plenty left over to take their place for 'normal farming' & such.

(continued...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

(...continual)

Personally, to me there are currently only a couple reasons to even consider using Scrapper:

• You have time to make multiple runs of the tower/arena, any given day.
  • You struggle with questing, mob/boss battles & often lose companions.
  • You are still learning the nuances of battle & figuring out what works for you & your crew.
  • You enjoy 'testing' different strategies & often 'sacrifice' for the sake of the cause.

At this present time, Scrapper is absolutely of no use to me, at all. It would be nonsense for me to assign Scrapper to many companions, when it would currently serve no purpose, whatsoever. But for many, especially those that get 2-3 Tower/Arena runs a day, it can probably be quite valuable.

So Scrapper...to use or not to use? Depends entirely on the player, the player's ability, the time they have in game & how they manage battles. Useless for some...valuable for others. But for me, I wouldn't even consider using Scrapper unless I suddenly discovered time travel or found a large group of monkeys that I could trick into doing all of my day-to-day activities for me. Possibly when and if that new content ever gets here, things just may change a bit. Our 'normal' questing battles may be much more punishing and possibly force us to rely more heavily on the Scrapper talent. But until that day comes, UPS delivers my time machine, or I inherit a barrel of real monkeys.....there will be absolutely no Scrappin' from my crew.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Your estimate of 6 hours is pretty close. However, the rest of the math is incorrect. I don't have scrapper trained, but at rank 3, the most scrapper might reduce is 30%. 30% of 360 minutes is 108 minutes, or 1 hour and 48 minutes. At least, it might revive 20%, 72 minutes, or 1 hour and 12 minutes. I don't know the percent so I'm guessing what it might be.

Even if it was 1 hour and 45 minutes like you said, the revival time would be 4 hours and 15 minutes not 5 hours and 15 minutes.

Now, I'm going stay out of this argument on the effectiveness of Scrapper, but I'll say that I don't have it trained, since I don't lose my companions often enough for it to be worth it. However, Anecorbie brings up a good point that it will be useful in the future with new world updates. I'll train it then, but for now, I'm good with what I have.

I hope I didn't come off as rude. I'm not trying to but I can see how that might have come off as rude. I'm sorry if it did.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Kobe Yojimbo is a swashbuckler and doesn't benefit from Rough, his damage comes from Agility. You could also make him Accurate, why be Dodgy, Tough and Armored and not be able to hit?
Kobe Yojimbo has very low Health and Armor, and being a Swashbuckler he's primarily geared towards assassinating his targets rather than giving them a chance to connect with him. Boosting his damage even further means he'll be able to take out his target faster and more efficiently, Agile boosts his Agility but it does not just influence his damage (which is rather minimal as you only get 1 damage point per every 5 [insert main stat] point) it also influences his Critical, Defense against Criticals and others that utilize Agility, and influences the activation of Relentless (which I have him trained in). Dodgy further increases his survivability (as not being hit is better than being hit) but it isn't guaranteed, there is a set chance (I think 5%? Not sure on the exact number) of being hit no matter how high your Dodge becomes. Tough is in place to lengthen is lifespan when dealing with Musketeers/Witchdoctors, as they're ranged targets that utilize Magic, which he has no Resistance to, as well as allowing him to take mediocre hits. Increasing his Armor lengthens his survivability against Buccs and Privateers, as landing a blow will prove to deal less damage than you would expect when facing a Swash.

In short, my Kobe is geared to be an assassin; hit first and hard, take little damage if at all in return. His Epics are First Strike 2 and Relentless 2 (currently) and they work beautifully together. He's taken out full health opponents before they could even get their hit in (First Strike followed by Relentless before opponent attacks).

I don't see what you mean by 'doesn't benefit from Rough', all Companions benefit from extra Damage (for me that is). It's a staple on every one of my crewmates, none of them don't have it. Boosting their main stat doesn't effect their damage much, all it does is increase their critical/critical block rate and certain Epic triggers.

He actually hits almost every time (for me). I thought Accurate was smart too ... (continued)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
... (continued) but it turns out boosting his Accuracy did little to nothing for me. Trading Accurate for Dodgy was probably the best decision I ever made with him, as now he doesn't take nearly as much damage as he used to and survives a lot longer. Since he's meant to take on opponents one at a time, he's a beast. It's only when he's surrounded that he starts to suffer. I have only lost him once since I made the switch, and that was in the Banditoad Fortress in Banditoad Trail (don't remember the exact name of the place, but I think you get the general area). It was in the last battle before the Magnificent Seven join you, where you're in a ridiculous fight of 3v5 with all the frogs being Musketeers. Kobe lasted over halfway through the battle, but was eventually taken out by a barrage of Criticals.

It's all about how you wanna play him, my build for him has made him a real nightmare in both PvE and PvP and he is my favorite out of all the Companions (Subodai being a really close second). The only reason I brought up the Recovery Time adjustment suggestion is because when I do lose him, I pretty much lose most of my fighting force and have to wait way too long for him to return so I can get back to 'work'. I mean, I can handle a 3 hour max recovery wait at the level cap, as there won't be much to do otherwise besides farming, but right now when I'm trying to level? Not very pleasant, to me that is.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
(...continual)

Personally, to me there are currently only a couple reasons to even consider using Scrapper:

• You have time to make multiple runs of the tower/arena, any given day.
  • You struggle with questing, mob/boss battles & often lose companions.
  • You are still learning the nuances of battle & figuring out what works for you & your crew.
  • You enjoy 'testing' different strategies & often 'sacrifice' for the sake of the cause.

At this present time, Scrapper is absolutely of no use to me, at all. It would be nonsense for me to assign Scrapper to many companions, when it would currently serve no purpose, whatsoever. But for many, especially those that get 2-3 Tower/Arena runs a day, it can probably be quite valuable.

So Scrapper...to use or not to use? Depends entirely on the player, the player's ability, the time they have in game & how they manage battles. Useless for some...valuable for others. But for me, I wouldn't even consider using Scrapper unless I suddenly discovered time travel or found a large group of monkeys that I could trick into doing all of my day-to-day activities for me. Possibly when and if that new content ever gets here, things just may change a bit. Our 'normal' questing battles may be much more punishing and possibly force us to rely more heavily on the Scrapper talent. But until that day comes, UPS delivers my time machine, or I inherit a barrel of real monkeys.....there will be absolutely no Scrappin' from my crew.
You and I must share the same play style and brain that's exactly how I am/feel! And how I play!

Yup, totally agree with you Valk (if I may call you that)! If you play smartly and carefully, there's really no need for Scrapper as it's just sitting there waiting to be (rarely) used. I have full respect for everyone else that wishes to use it, but for me it's not very viable at the moment as I don't lose my crewmates if at all often. Personally, I'd only invest in it if I had all my other stats I need on a given Companion maxed out and have no other logical choices (Kobe has Rough 6, Agile 6, Dodgy 6, Armored 6 and Tough 6 and Accurate 6; then I would move to Scrapper as Resistant/Strength/Will etc isn't very practical for a class such as his).

I do see, however, how important it may be in the future when Companions reach, say, level 100 and have like a 12 hour recovery time; that'll make a huge difference (big exaggeration, I know). But with how things are now, the most you'll be able to shave off of your recovery time is 1 hour and 48 minutes (thanks to whoever corrected me) which really isn't that much currently. It would probably just take me about that long to farm enough gold to pay Mike to revive my fallen comrade instead; though I cringe at the thought of losing that much gold/time/effort just to revive someone that may just die again in, say, an hour.

I also found out that owning a barrel of real monkey is highly unethical and illegal in some places, sorry otherwise I'd send you a dozen or so

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Your estimate of 6 hours is pretty close. However, the rest of the math is incorrect. I don't have scrapper trained, but at rank 3, the most scrapper might reduce is 30%. 30% of 360 minutes is 108 minutes, or 1 hour and 48 minutes. At least, it might revive 20%, 72 minutes, or 1 hour and 12 minutes. I don't know the percent so I'm guessing what it might be.

Even if it was 1 hour and 45 minutes like you said, the revival time would be 4 hours and 15 minutes not 5 hours and 15 minutes.

Now, I'm going stay out of this argument on the effectiveness of Scrapper, but I'll say that I don't have it trained, since I don't lose my companions often enough for it to be worth it. However, Anecorbie brings up a good point that it will be useful in the future with new world updates. I'll train it then, but for now, I'm good with what I have.

I hope I didn't come off as rude. I'm not trying to but I can see how that might have come off as rude. I'm sorry if it did.
Thanks for the correction, I went back earlier this morning and removed that last paragraph for the very reason that I didn't have the specific data that I felt should be present if brought up. Glad to know I was only 3 minutes off though and sorry about the 5 hours 15 minutes mistake, I posted that late last night and wasn't paying attention to my mental math.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
scrapper honestly seems like the most useless thing to give a companion, your basically preparing for defeat, you shouldn't prepare for defeat its very counter productive, if your just learning the game its fine but later on you should always look for ways to survive instead of scrapper

Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
...........That's like saying Goro doesn't benefit from strength. Okay just, ALL of my companions have rough, ALL. Rough increases damage.....who wouldn't want that???? Even my "agility" companions use rough.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The White Rose on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
...........That's like saying Goro doesn't benefit from strength. Okay just, ALL of my companions have rough, ALL. Rough increases damage.....who wouldn't want that???? Even my "agility" companions use rough.....
Goro is a buccaneer, he does benefit from strength, Kobe doesn't. And no Rough doesn't.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
scrapper honestly seems like the most useless thing to give a companion, your basically preparing for defeat, you shouldn't prepare for defeat its very counter productive, if your just learning the game its fine but later on you should always look for ways to survive instead of scrapper
That's great and all Robert, considering you are an 'elite player'. But you do have to realize that, being that this is a game meant to be played by many younger players, there are going to be a great many of those younger players that are not 'up to your level'. Some are too young or too unconcerned about being the best, and are more focused on just having fun in the game. They may not have as thorough a grasp on the game, combat and perfect strategy-- as you have stated numerous times, is the case for you.

For those younger players and other 'not on your level' players, Scrapper may be very useful. Not every kid who plays is going to 'get it', the way the older or more observant players do. Sure, they could just get better and not lose companions, but believe it or not for many of the younger players, the game is still challenging...even after just learning the game and getting started. Clicking on the Scrapper talent and helping their crew out a little bit, just might be easier for them, than fully grasping the combat/power system. They may not see it as preparing for defeat, but instead just as helping out if a companion should fall.

So, useless to you and some (and me as well)-- yes. Useless to someone younger or not as attentive to the combat system, that may struggle a little bit-- possibly not. Not everyone playing a game is of the 'expert' level...especially a game also meant to be enjoyed by a younger audience.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Goro is a buccaneer, he does benefit from strength, Kobe doesn't. And no Rough doesn't.
Um, Rough does boost Damage (a.k.a: weapon power) just highlight over it in game and it'll show you. Buccs are primarily about being tanks, drawing aggro and taking hits so as to dish them back out. They're not typically meant for damage, they're more so meant as roadblocks or bodyguards. Swashbucklers rely heavily on their damage, without it they're as good as dead. Either way, any class can benefit from Damage boost as that's more, well, damage you're dishing out, which will lead to a faster battle or even hinge on a victory or a defeat.

Technically, going off of class mechanics, Buccs benefit from Armor, Health and Strength. Swashbucklers benefit from Damage, Accuracy and Dodge. This is by default without customization, by the way. Swashbucklers are as good as dead without their Damage or Invisibility, Buccs are as good as dead without their massive defense and counter-talents. In laymen's terms: Buccs are primarily Tanks and Swashes are primarily Assassins; one favors defense more so for survivability and crowd control while the other favors offense more so for quick kills. Privateers are kind of in the middle, which is why they're my most feared enemy.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Thanks for the correction, I went back earlier this morning and removed that last paragraph for the very reason that I didn't have the specific data that I felt should be present if brought up. Glad to know I was only 3 minutes off though and sorry about the 5 hours 15 minutes mistake, I posted that late last night and wasn't paying attention to my mental math.
It's fine dude, we all mess up. We're human after all.

If you're curious(and I know you were exaggerating it), I've estimated the wait time for level 100 companions dying as being somewhere between 8 4/7 hours (or about 8 hours, 34 minutes, and 17 seconds) and 9 9/13 hours( or about 9 hours, 41 minutes, and 32 seconds). Not quite 12 hours, but it's still a very large chunk of the day that they're gone.

If somebody knows prices to revive a companion and give the level of said companion, I might be able to estimate how much it'll cost to revive a level 100 companion.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
Please please please tell me what you think rough is. Please.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Rough is the talent that increases base damage. That is what it does. Nothing more, nothing less. It works on every companion and player in the game for basic attacks.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
rough boosts all companions damage excluding those based on spooky

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
AlexGeorge540 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Yes, Max Degroot, the best thing for pirate101 people to do right now is to come out with the next update. At least give us some hints of what will be coming up. Like a picture or just some words, so we can figure it out.
Instead of learning what may be in it, I'd rather get at least hints as to when it will be. Just knowing what could be in it doesn't do any good if we have to wait ten years for it (only an example, it won't ACTUALLY take them ten years...I hope)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
You and I must share the same play style and brain that's exactly how I am/feel! And how I play!

Yup, totally agree with you Valk (if I may call you that)! If you play smartly and carefully, there's really no need for Scrapper as it's just sitting there waiting to be (rarely) used. I have full respect for everyone else that wishes to use it, but for me it's not very viable at the moment as I don't lose my crewmates if at all often. Personally, I'd only invest in it if I had all my other stats I need on a given Companion maxed out and have no other logical choices (Kobe has Rough 6, Agile 6, Dodgy 6, Armored 6 and Tough 6 and Accurate 6; then I would move to Scrapper as Resistant/Strength/Will etc isn't very practical for a class such as his).

I do see, however, how important it may be in the future when Companions reach, say, level 100 and have like a 12 hour recovery time; that'll make a huge difference (big exaggeration, I know). But with how things are now, the most you'll be able to shave off of your recovery time is 1 hour and 48 minutes (thanks to whoever corrected me) which really isn't that much currently. It would probably just take me about that long to farm enough gold to pay Mike to revive my fallen comrade instead; though I cringe at the thought of losing that much gold/time/effort just to revive someone that may just die again in, say, an hour.

I also found out that owning a barrel of real monkey is highly unethical and illegal in some places, sorry otherwise I'd send you a dozen or so
Lol, you may certainly call me anything you wish Nightblood-- Val, Valkoor, VtV, Valk, Koor, Lk or Koo....it's all good. Just make sure it's something that will make it through moderation. Though, I don't really enjoy being called cupcake, but Twinkie is ok, I think. By the way, is Nightblood what you prefer to be called, or would you rather go by your main pirate's name? I just went with Nightblood, because it made me think of doing some fishing in the dark.

I definitely agree that in future worlds and game play, we may require a greater need for the Scrapper talent and just may have to train up some of our crew with it.....but also, possibly not. We already have pages and pages of companions available to us and we are sure to have more combatants join our crew. I'm willing to bet that, due to KI's awesomenacious companion Construct-O-Factory, those future, new crew members will be pretty down-right epic and oh so powerful. Plus we will surely be able to upgrade and add some talents to help out our lower tiered companions. There will also possibly be future promotion quests given to our current powerhouses and hard hitters or later world acquisitions, which will add to their devastationacity (sometimes I get excited and make up words).

Seeing as we have so many weapons at our disposal already, will require even more, and older models will be upgraded...we just may not have to let much of our crew engage in Scrappin'. But I'm quite sure Ratbeard will have some things to say to that-- I'm sure he's got some wicked surprises in store for us. He gave us a much more challenging Nefarious Tower, maybe next time he unleashes a Diabolical Cavern!

And no worries about the barrel of real monkeys...I don't need any trouble-- and I already change enough diapers, anyways!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Lol, you may certainly call me anything you wish Nightblood-- Val, Valkoor, VtV, Valk, Koor, Lk or Koo....it's all good. Just make sure it's something that will make it through moderation. Though, I don't really enjoy being called cupcake, but Twinkie is ok, I think. By the way, is Nightblood what you prefer to be called, or would you rather go by your main pirate's name? I just went with Nightblood, because it made me think of doing some fishing in the dark.

I definitely agree that in future worlds and game play, we may require a greater need for the Scrapper talent and just may have to train up some of our crew with it.....but also, possibly not. We already have pages and pages of companions available to us and we are sure to have more combatants join our crew. I'm willing to bet that, due to KI's awesomenacious companion Construct-O-Factory, those future, new crew members will be pretty down-right epic and oh so powerful. Plus we will surely be able to upgrade and add some talents to help out our lower tiered companions. There will also possibly be future promotion quests given to our current powerhouses and hard hitters or later world acquisitions, which will add to their devastationacity (sometimes I get excited and make up words).

Seeing as we have so many weapons at our disposal already, will require even more, and older models will be upgraded...we just may not have to let much of our crew engage in Scrappin'. But I'm quite sure Ratbeard will have some things to say to that-- I'm sure he's got some wicked surprises in store for us. He gave us a much more challenging Nefarious Tower, maybe next time he unleashes a Diabolical Cavern!

And no worries about the barrel of real monkeys...I don't need any trouble-- and I already change enough diapers, anyways!
It doesn't matter to me what I'm called, Nightblood was chosen when I was a little kid and first started on Wizard101 way back when it first launched. Never thought I'd still be playing to this day, so it's kind of a silly/sentimental name now. In game I'm known simply as Wolf, as my irl name itself means Wolf (irony at its finest). Think I'll stick to calling you Vicky, that should work out well

I honestly can't wait until I can raise my Kobe and Peter Quint with new Epics, adding Blade Storm to Kobe and Vengeance Strike to Peter will make me so happy. Honestly, though, I hope they fix some of the more useless Companions that we're given. Like Rooster Cogburn is awesome and I love him as a Companion in design and Talents, but he has no powers, which completely ruins him. At least give him one.

I think diapers are the least of your worries, think about all the bananas you'd need to feed those little monsters

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Nightblood1995 on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
It doesn't matter to me what I'm called, Nightblood was chosen when I was a little kid and first started on Wizard101 way back when it first launched. Never thought I'd still be playing to this day, so it's kind of a silly/sentimental name now. In game I'm known simply as Wolf, as my irl name itself means Wolf (irony at its finest). Think I'll stick to calling you Vicky, that should work out well

I honestly can't wait until I can raise my Kobe and Peter Quint with new Epics, adding Blade Storm to Kobe and Vengeance Strike to Peter will make me so happy. Honestly, though, I hope they fix some of the more useless Companions that we're given. Like Rooster Cogburn is awesome and I love him as a Companion in design and Talents, but he has no powers, which completely ruins him. At least give him one.

I think diapers are the least of your worries, think about all the bananas you'd need to feed those little monsters
Vicky, eh?....Well, I've certainly been called much worse. Though it does sound a bit like Valky, so hey, why not? And Nightblood is a pretty cool sounding name and not too silly at all. Besides you should stick with what means something to you. It just made me think of days from my youth, when me and my friends would gather up some nightcrawler/earthworms and head to a local beach for some all night fishing. Some pretty great memories surrounding those worms, which we mistakenly called bloodworms. So, quite naturally, the night and the blood made me think of fishing and worms!

I too would love to see some of our lower tiered companions receive some love from the development and programming team and I think some of them sure will....as a few already have been upgraded a wee bit. It certainly would seem fitting that once these new worlds get here, all current level capped companions should at least have 1 attacking power to use in battle, plus an extra epic talent or 2. And a few with some buffing powers wouldn't hurt either. It sure would make choosing them in battle a little more enticing. Because you are absolutely right....there are so many amazingly designed companions that deserved to be flaunted in battle a bit more often.

I do have a feeling that the powers that be, will be powering up some of our faithful friends. After all they have done for us, well they surely deserve it.

And yes, bananas are quite expensive these days....my own little monkeys at home go through them like a comb through Argos's silky smooth uni-brow!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Vicky, eh?....Well, I've certainly been called much worse. Though it does sound a bit like Valky, so hey, why not? And Nightblood is a pretty cool sounding name and not too silly at all. Besides you should stick with what means something to you. It just made me think of days from my youth, when me and my friends would gather up some nightcrawler/earthworms and head to a local beach for some all night fishing. Some pretty great memories surrounding those worms, which we mistakenly called bloodworms. So, quite naturally, the night and the blood made me think of fishing and worms!

I too would love to see some of our lower tiered companions receive some love from the development and programming team and I think some of them sure will....as a few already have been upgraded a wee bit. It certainly would seem fitting that once these new worlds get here, all current level capped companions should at least have 1 attacking power to use in battle, plus an extra epic talent or 2. And a few with some buffing powers wouldn't hurt either. It sure would make choosing them in battle a little more enticing. Because you are absolutely right....there are so many amazingly designed companions that deserved to be flaunted in battle a bit more often.

I do have a feeling that the powers that be, will be powering up some of our faithful friends. After all they have done for us, well they surely deserve it.

And yes, bananas are quite expensive these days....my own little monkeys at home go through them like a comb through Argos's silky smooth uni-brow!
Lol I just got the "Vicky" from your "Victorious" last name

On Wiz my favorite class is Necromancer, so as a kid I named my account accordingly. I still like it, better than any name I'd give it nowadays (that most probably wouldn't understand). Nice to know it reminds you of worms though I assure you, I do shower and I'm not at all slimy.

Ah the waiting is what kills me, but for now those Companions that aren't much use to me will remain as 'hoarders' with their gathering buffs in tact and reaping whatever rewards I seek. Sad to see a Sheriff demoted to such a low position, but that's simply fate works. Just gotta have patience for now, and boy am I glad I have just enough to keep me preoccupied for the time being.

I know what you mean, I eat a banana a day in the morning and that adds up rather quickly. Though a small price to pay for being healthy and fit, I guess. Is Argo your current barrel monkey? Cuz the thought of a monkey combing its unibrow is downright hilarious!

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I know a lot of people were asking them to bring back the cat pirate (the marleybone style swashbuckler type). The thread I read was in 2013. Any updates on that yet? I too would LOVE to get him or something close. I love catbeard don't get me wrong but he's just not as awesome. The developing team should also realize that we could and should be spending our money on more important things so I think that they should give the people who started later and the people like me who HAVE been here since the beginning but just can't get much money because their parents won't give them the money, they don't have a job, etc. a chance too. So yes I think he is awesome enough to have to be in the crown shop at least but so that everyone can have a chance to get him/her, I think there should be a free side quest that has MANY (please nothing close to a hundred) quests to it, like the Rooster Cogburn quests. That's just me though, I know people like to be like, "Oh well you missed it and wasn't completely devoted to us since the beginning or you didn't beg your parents enough so sorry, you missed out x shrugs shoulders x."

I know they are working hard on a HUGE update so why not put him/her in?

PS. If we can't get the original back (which they should do), I wouldn't mind AT ALL if they would instead add one of those female Rat Pirates (the type that willamina is) preferably free but I sort of wouldn't mind having to pay for her in the companion section of the crown shop, meaning I really don't want her to be in a pack because only 1 out of like 200 people ever hit that "you get a companion! Yay you!" stage of the packs that offer companions (if you are one in 200...just sayin').