Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Opinion: Walk of Shadows Bugged?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
While this is a tool for the players low on health and wanting to hide, I believe I'm within reason to suggest that the primary function is to increase Backstab damage.

1. The first issue I had was telling if and when I am stealthed. The billow of smoke is not always present (I have my graphics set to high) causing me to second guess whether it has been cast.

2. Backstab damage is not always increased by WoS. At the level I tested this at, my base rate of attack power with backstab was at 94-97. After casting WoS, I was hitting between 240-280. This is not always the case: after triggering WoS, I would still hit that 94 base rate 40% of the time. Due to the fact that NPCs ignore my player, I believe that the issue lies in Backstab not registering that WoS has been cast.

3. Do AoE attacks disengage walk of shadows? It appears as though it does, but because my damage increase due to walk of shadows does not seem to trigger 100% of the time, I may be off base with this assumption.

4. Epic attack such as cheap shot pull my character out stealth, causing me to lose a step in my strategy. I would prefer that cheap shot not disengage walk of shadows, or at least, have cheap shot not initiate while stealthed.

Thank you!

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
zman330 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
While this is a tool for the players low on health and wanting to hide, I believe I'm within reason to suggest that the primary function is to increase Backstab damage.

1. The first issue I had was telling if and when I am stealthed. The billow of smoke is not always present (I have my graphics set to high) causing me to second guess whether it has been cast.

2. Backstab damage is not always increased by WoS. At the level I tested this at, my base rate of attack power with backstab was at 94-97. After casting WoS, I was hitting between 240-280. This is not always the case: after triggering WoS, I would still hit that 94 base rate 40% of the time. Due to the fact that NPCs ignore my player, I believe that the issue lies in Backstab not registering that WoS has been cast.

3. Do AoE attacks disengage walk of shadows? It appears as though it does, but because my damage increase due to walk of shadows does not seem to trigger 100% of the time, I may be off base with this assumption.

4. Epic attack such as cheap shot pull my character out stealth, causing me to lose a step in my strategy. I would prefer that cheap shot not disengage walk of shadows, or at least, have cheap shot not initiate while stealthed.

Thank you!
1.) Even if there isn't smoke, your character should be transparent for the rounds shadows is active (you should see a slight difference in your character compared to others).

2.) I too noticed there doesn't seem to be much of an increase in damage with that buff applied. At least not consistently.

3.) Not sure myself, but I have noticed there are effects that seem to "disengage" the buff.

4.) I agree.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
Oran of Urz on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
1.) Even if there isn't smoke, your character should be transparent for the rounds shadows is active (you should see a slight difference in your character compared to others).

2.) I too noticed there doesn't seem to be much of an increase in damage with that buff applied. At least not consistently.

3.) Not sure myself, but I have noticed there are effects that seem to "disengage" the buff.

4.) I agree.
I should have elaborated on the lack of proof that a character is cloaked: in addition to the lack of a smoke cloud, the character is not consistently transparent either.

This usually occurs after a character moves around the board. Post-move, the character loses his transparency at times.