Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My next idea: Dual-Class Companions!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
I think it's time some new Companions should be introduced to Pirate101. Of course, i never thought of models or what they would look like for them, so i am going to leave that part to the wonderful people at Kingsisle. Anyway, i think some new Companions are in order. And not just any Companions either: DUAL-CLASS COMPANIONS!!! Here's what i mean: 2 classes in 1 Companion!

Swashbuckler+Privateer=Swashateer
Buccaneer+Musketeer=Buccateer
Witchdoctor+Privateer=Witchateer

And so on and so forth. Like i said, I only came up with the ideas for the class combinations, and i have not come up with designs to Kingsisle can design them to what they see fit. Obviously they will most likely not be included in the Spring 2014 update, but i hope that at one point this idea will be a good part of the game.

Trying to shoot swords from a bow and jamming knives into guns, Cunning Duncan Windlass, Level 46 Privateer

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Duncan WindLeaf on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I think it's time some new Companions should be introduced to Pirate101. Of course, i never thought of models or what they would look like for them, so i am going to leave that part to the wonderful people at Kingsisle. Anyway, i think some new Companions are in order. And not just any Companions either: DUAL-CLASS COMPANIONS!!! Here's what i mean: 2 classes in 1 Companion!

Swashbuckler+Privateer=Swashateer
Buccaneer+Musketeer=Buccateer
Witchdoctor+Privateer=Witchateer

And so on and so forth. Like i said, I only came up with the ideas for the class combinations, and i have not come up with designs to Kingsisle can design them to what they see fit. Obviously they will most likely not be included in the Spring 2014 update, but i hope that at one point this idea will be a good part of the game.

Trying to shoot swords from a bow and jamming knives into guns, Cunning Duncan Windlass, Level 46 Privateer
Wow. Ummm... I see a few problems with this. Your "swashateer" would be overpowered. It would have the bulk of a Privy, which is the best in game, with the dodge ratio and damage of a buckler, which is the best in game! besides, it would be conflicted on what to do. Bucklers are out where the action is, attacking the enemies and fighting on the front lines. Privies stick to the back and heal or buff. those are complete opposites in strategy. Now the "Buccateer", again, bulk of a buckler, accuracy of a musketeer. THINK OF WHAT CHAOS RECKLESS FRENZY COULD ENSUE WITH DOUBLE TAP!!!! Another overpowered combination with conflicting strategies. besides what would it fight with? Sparkshooters or Broadswords? And if you say both, than not only would it be a pain to wield a 25 pound sword in one hand, but (and I can speak from experience with this), it is very difficult to aim with something heavy obstructing your natural balance. And the "Witchateer, again, to much bulk on a glass cannon class, and would have completely broken defenses if you think about how high the resistance level would be. And again, would they use wands or swords? The biggest problem I see with this is what stat they would use. Bucklers use agility, and Privies use will. so, which would we need to level up for it to effect our character? And if it uses both, that would just eat up talent points with none left to round it out. the same goes for Buccateer. Agility and Strength would conflict. Just wanted to throw that out there, for you might want to either elaborate, or revise your idea so we can understand it better.

F.R. Holystone
lv. 65

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I have the opposite opinion to that of the previous poster. We already have many examples of crossover companions in P101 Dr. Noh and Martin Valvida are opposite examples of "Witchateer", with the same powers. Almost Every Privateer companion specializes in a different class. Look at Gracie, who summons a Golem and lays traps, but fights as a buccaneer. Your Privateers are all really generalists anyway. El Toro has a crossover power. Bonnie Anne has Swashbuckler and privateer abilities.
The list goes on farther than I care to expound. The great news is, Ratbeard said he plans to further blur the class lines with a crossover power for every major companion! If the companion speaks during quests and has no crossover power yet, he (or She) will after the next promotion.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
Elemutation on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
Wow. Ummm... I see a few problems with this. Your "swashateer" would be overpowered. It would have the bulk of a Privy, which is the best in game, with the dodge ratio and damage of a buckler, which is the best in game! besides, it would be conflicted on what to do. Bucklers are out where the action is, attacking the enemies and fighting on the front lines. Privies stick to the back and heal or buff. those are complete opposites in strategy. Now the "Buccateer", again, bulk of a buckler, accuracy of a musketeer. THINK OF WHAT CHAOS RECKLESS FRENZY COULD ENSUE WITH DOUBLE TAP!!!! Another overpowered combination with conflicting strategies. besides what would it fight with? Sparkshooters or Broadswords? And if you say both, than not only would it be a pain to wield a 25 pound sword in one hand, but (and I can speak from experience with this), it is very difficult to aim with something heavy obstructing your natural balance. And the "Witchateer, again, to much bulk on a glass cannon class, and would have completely broken defenses if you think about how high the resistance level would be. And again, would they use wands or swords? The biggest problem I see with this is what stat they would use. Bucklers use agility, and Privies use will. so, which would we need to level up for it to effect our character? And if it uses both, that would just eat up talent points with none left to round it out. the same goes for Buccateer. Agility and Strength would conflict. Just wanted to throw that out there, for you might want to either elaborate, or revise your idea so we can understand it better.

F.R. Holystone
lv. 65
Well that is the thing about it though. Of course, seeing these powers of these companions and their stats, they would have to be toned down a little bit, my suggestion half-and-half. Maybe more if KI still thinks they are a little op, but i say that i really want 2-class Companions. I: