Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More witch doctors!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Seriously, there are almost no witch doctors in terms of companions and enemies, there's almost none in Monquista, none in Valencia, not many in CR, a decent amount in Mooshu, none in Marleybone IIRC, Some in Aquila (Those snake ones are really annoying) and none in valencia again. They're so cool and I think there should be a lot more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Mar 8, 2021 wrote:
Seriously, there are almost no witch doctors in terms of companions and enemies, there's almost none in Monquista, none in Valencia, not many in CR, a decent amount in Mooshu, none in Marleybone IIRC, Some in Aquila (Those snake ones are really annoying) and none in valencia again. They're so cool and I think there should be a lot more!
There is also a distinct lack of privateer enemies that actually buff and protect their team. The only one who comes close is Faye of the Nefarious Five.
As to no witchdoctors in VA parts 1 & 2 (well, SB get the Hermit Crab). but it makes sense that there are no WD enemies since the Armada has outlawed witchdoctors and hoodoo magic.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
I completely agree! But I do think part of it was just the worlds we were visiting. Places like Monquista, Marleybone, and Valencia were always going to be low-magic settings (like all the major Spiral world powers seem to be). However, since witchdoctors do seem to be intentionally uncommon, the worlds so far made them even rarer.

I think if Pirate101 continued, we'd see lots more witchdoctors than we currently have. Many worlds that were foreshadowed (Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, Darkmoor) are far more magical. Grizzleheim has ravens and runic magic, the Kroks have an emphasis on the elements and Balance, and Darkmoor has always been a place of dark magic.

With the new company being interested in updating Pirate101 more, maybe one of those worlds will even come one day.

- Fearless Charles