Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More nortical experience please!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
To get our nautical levels up, there seems to be a LOT of grinding that is necessary unlike that of other experience which is usually provided by quests. I would STRONGLY suggest both increasing the nautical experience from ship combat and, even better, giving much higher nautical experience from quests.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
sandy20850 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
To get our nautical levels up, there seems to be a LOT of grinding that is necessary unlike that of other experience which is usually provided by quests. I would STRONGLY suggest both increasing the nautical experience from ship combat and, even better, giving much higher nautical experience from quests.
I do not know about increasing the nautical xp gained in certain areas as you previously stated but I do have a suggestion on how to reach the maximum nautical xp level as things currently stand. Go ship farming!!! Get a large group of like minded sailors and take down large amounts of enemy ships as a group. This tip has obviously been stated before but its importance cannot be stressed enough because you can gain huge amounts of gold, ship equipment, and nautical xp in a relatively short amount of time (depending on the size of you party).

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Something I have done to get my Nautical Experience up is to fight at least one or two ships (or until I would be boarded due to ship damage) every time I go somewhere in my ship until I get Nautical Level to one to three levels below my Character Level. Then I just do the normal the normal quests. I especially try to find the boss ships (the ones with the Captain's Names) as those seem to have the best drops. You really don't need to have KI create more Nautical battles to help us raise our Nautical Experience. Granted doing it this way takes a little more time but, as things stand now, it is about the only way other than finding Nautical Experience farming parities.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I remember my nautical experience was so underlevel that I couldn't endure one ship to ship battle without being boarded or shot down. After Mooshu, things got better after I have the money to earn a powerful ship instead of using the freebies ships.

I don't know what world you're currently in, but in Aquila there are tons of side quests that give more nautical experience reward than usual. Also, there's usually an ongoing battle near Nova Aquila that will help you gain exp faster. Once you reached that world, go farm with them so you can level up your naval rank to a comfortable level .

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
The point is to CUT DOWN ON SHIP FARMING. Yes, it might be required;however,by increasing nautical experience from quests and ship kills, the amount of ship farming or grinding can be reduced

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
The point is to CUT DOWN ON SHIP FARMING. Yes, it might be required;however,by increasing nautical experience from quests and ship kills, the amount of ship farming or grinding can be reduced
I am not trying to sound uncaring, I just really enjoy ship farming. There is something so satisfying seeing that cephalopod or whoever dragging that ship down through the clouds. It is quite empowering for me and I love ship farming like Ratbeard loves blowing things up. Every time someone asks me for ship help I jump at the chance. For me it's just plain fun and I get rich. as in max out my gold, every time spend a few hours at it.

Administrator
Hi! I just wanted to point out that we have done quite a bit of adjusting with the rate of gaining Nautical Experience since the launch of Pirate101:

• May 23 update: The Base Nautical XP awarded for combat with ships has been increased by 25%.
  • May 23 update: Players onboard your ship as a crewmember will now receive Nautical XP during broadside combat. The amount awarded is roughly half what the captain earns. Also, we've limited the effective level of the mob for Nautical XP calculations to 10 levels above the player's Nautical level, to address concerns about power leveling.
  • December 10 update: Non-grouped passengers riding on ships will receive Nautical experience for successful broadside as well as grouped passengers.
  • December 10 update: Damaging a ship in Broadside Combat now affects the starting health of enemies in any resulting battleboard combat with the ship. The lower the enemy ship’s health when deckside combat starts, the lower the enemies’ health.

That said, we're still evaluating the process of gaining nautical experience for further improvement opportunities!

Thanks for your feedback!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think if damaging a ship in broadside combat injures the enemies so that their health is lower at the start of battle. The pirate and his/or her crew should also suffer damage. It would make it more realistic. Why are we immune to this? Put some fire in the battles!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey