Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

More Diversity in Character Creation!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 05, 2011
28
Hi everyone, coming from a long time Kingsisle player, I've noticed a sort of lack of diverse options for the character creation part at the beginning of both games.

Can I suggest you guys back at HQ adding curly hair, or frizzy, or even nappy hair to the options?

Also maybe some more variations of the skin color options as well? There's like only 2 choices for black people.

Just a suggestion, thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9550
Darken Guardian on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Hi everyone, coming from a long time Kingsisle player, I've noticed a sort of lack of diverse options for the character creation part at the beginning of both games.

Can I suggest you guys back at HQ adding curly hair, or frizzy, or even nappy hair to the options?

Also maybe some more variations of the skin color options as well? There's like only 2 choices for black people.

Just a suggestion, thanks.
Perhaps we'll get hairstyles ( wigs ) in the crown shop with an update. There doesn't seem many skin tones - even for White or Asian races.
I usually choose the light tan, but I do have a few "Black" pirates; pirates of African descent were fairly common during the age of piracy in the Caribbean.
I wonder why PotC doesn't have black pirates?

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
42
This is a valid criticism I don't see brought up often. The game is sorely lacking proper customization. I'd quite like to make a Swashbuckler based on my real look, and neither the hairstyle or hair colour is there. I'd also propose a name change vendor for a hefty value. That, or a customization changer.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1408
EviTheEccentric on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
This is a valid criticism I don't see brought up often. The game is sorely lacking proper customization. I'd quite like to make a Swashbuckler based on my real look, and neither the hairstyle or hair colour is there. I'd also propose a name change vendor for a hefty value. That, or a customization changer.
EviTheEccentric, I used to always think about having a Name Change Vendor, but I just noticed it might be sort of hard for your friends. "Um, who are you again? I don't remember friending you."

However, a Hairstyle Change Vendor would be an amazing idea! Anybody can change their hairstyle in real life, plus hair color, so why not do that here?


Captain
Dec 06, 2012
562
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
EviTheEccentric, I used to always think about having a Name Change Vendor, but I just noticed it might be sort of hard for your friends. "Um, who are you again? I don't remember friending you."

However, a Hairstyle Change Vendor would be an amazing idea! Anybody can change their hairstyle in real life, plus hair color, so why not do that here?

If both of those were added, I would dye one of my pirates' hair black. And I would change his first name to Wilson.

If anyone gets that reference.

I LOVE YOU.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1408
Darken Guardian on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Hi everyone, coming from a long time Kingsisle player, I've noticed a sort of lack of diverse options for the character creation part at the beginning of both games.

Can I suggest you guys back at HQ adding curly hair, or frizzy, or even nappy hair to the options?

Also maybe some more variations of the skin color options as well? There's like only 2 choices for black people.

Just a suggestion, thanks.
And welcome to the Message Boards, Darken Guardian!

If you need any help, all of us are here to help you out!

Ensign
Feb 28, 2014
3
Something I would love to see, is a kind of personality option. We have so many companions with fighting styles, I wish we could at least change when a power is used, what your pirate does. Possibly even change their stance when waiting. I would love to have my pirate stand kinda like everett does.