Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More Animations w/ Reckless Frenzy

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have not been able to get on Test Realm that much or for that long and when I have, I've not gotten the chance to see if any changes have been made to the Buccaneer power Reckless Frenzy. If so, and if what I am suggestion has already been addressed, then I humbly apologize.

I would like to suggest or request that more (and/or a variety of) critical strike animations are added to the Reckless Frenzy power. Currently (unless changed in update), whether you get a Super, Mega, or Epic Strike from Reckless Frenzy, the animation is always the same. It would be nice if there was a different animation for each level of critical strike, just to mix it up a bit. On more than one occasion my Buccaneer has successfully connected with 20+ hits during Reckless and has received at least a dozen+ critical strikes, with the same animation for all levels. Seeing the same animation about a dozen times in a couple of minutes can be a bit much and often when in battle other pirates I am fighting with, they have commented on how boring it is to watch the same thing over and over.

I personally feel that the seeing the same critical animation over and over again, takes away from the over all impressiveness and WOW factor of the Reckless Frenzy power. I absolutely love getting all of those critical strikes with Reckless Frenzy, I just think that adding some variety would be very welcomed and make it that much more of an incredible power, especially to the eyes. Any suggestions or replies are of course, more than welcomed and graciously received.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello, Ratbeard and/or One-Eyed Jack!

I don't mean to bump my own thread (well, I guess since I am doing it, I do mean to) but I was just curious as to, if anything may be in the works for revamping the Critical Strike animations sequences for Reckless Frenzy, to add some variety. Especially with all of the levels being the same and sharing the same animation with the Glancing Blow Critical Strikes.

Like I said, I was just wondering as to whether this has been something talked about for future updates. I surely wouldn't expect it to take priority or to be something addressed any time soon, as there are certainly "bigger fish for you to fry" (easy Catbeard, simmer down).

But curiosity has gotten the best of this 'cat'. Any reply(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Developer
Reckless Frenzy uses the same animations as your basic weapon attacks-- it neither expands nor restricts the animations available to you.

Thus, in essence, what you are asking for is more attack and critical hit animations for your pirate, for all weapon sets.

While that would be nice, it must be weighed against all the other things our animators could be working on.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Well, I don't have a buccaneer who has Reckless Frenzy yet( He is level 50), but I have seen it in combat and i agree that it should have more animations. I have always wanted Reckless Frenzy to have a cool jingle and a mix of different attack animations.

Noble Ryan Thompson

( I can't believe I missed seeing your post on the 25th.)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Reckless Frenzy uses the same animations as your basic weapon attacks-- it neither expands nor restricts the animations available to you.

Thus, in essence, what you are asking for is more attack and critical hit animations for your pirate, for all weapon sets.

While that would be nice, it must be weighed against all the other things our animators could be working on.
Thanks for the response Ratbeard.

Now I absolutely, positively understand 100% what you mean. That would be quite a task for the animators to come up with more critical hit animations for every weapon set. How could I have overlooked that. I wasn't thinking about how it affected every different weapon set- for every level of critical hit.

I suppose that the monotony of the 1 critical hit animation per weapon set, regardless of super/mega/epic, is just so much more magnified and noticeable during long Reckless Frenzy strings with many critical hit strikes coming into play. Truthfully, and don't tell anyone, I hardly noticed the lack of variety on critical hit animations for all different sets (because they were spread out) until Reckless kicked in with all of those critical hits in succession.

But since you put it into perspective, yeah that would be a ton of extra work. And although it would be soooooooo nice to have more animations, I would not at all want it taking away from other, more important animations for current and future content.

So, erase this thread from your memory and keep those animators right on task....proceed as planned. Full sails ahead