Member Benefit Indicator

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1629
With the start of the first Live Member Benefit, I want to thank the Team for giving us an Icon on the main screen that is a constantly visible reminder of what the benefit is.

Excellent implementation!


First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
403
Willowydream on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
With the start of the first Live Member Benefit, I want to thank the Team for giving us an Icon on the main screen that is a constantly visible reminder of what the benefit is.

Excellent implementation!

Agreed. A much better interface to advertise the member benefit.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
1
What does this mean?
"Free Player and Companion Respec"

This is listed as one of the Member promotion benefits. Is Respec supposed to be Reset? Or does it mean something else? What the heck is a Respec?

This is listed on this page: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/member_benefit

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1629
Evil Wordsmith on Sep 29, 2018 wrote:
What does this mean?
"Free Player and Companion Respec"

This is listed as one of the Member promotion benefits. Is Respec supposed to be Reset? Or does it mean something else? What the heck is a Respec?

This is listed on this page: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/member_benefit
I would guess that "Respec" is developer-talk, short for "respecification" -- In the game, Reset is a much shorter word and fits better into the small space allowed to display the option.

Resetting practice points for a pirate saves Crowns AND being able to reset companions for free saves Gold (for members) and will be a nice benefit the first few times it it active. After people are happy with their set-up, it will not be as popular.


Captain
Jun 10, 2013
678
Evil Wordsmith on Sep 29, 2018 wrote:
What does this mean?
"Free Player and Companion Respec"

This is listed as one of the Member promotion benefits. Is Respec supposed to be Reset? Or does it mean something else? What the heck is a Respec?

This is listed on this page: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/member_benefit
It is supposed to be reset.

Petty Officer
Jan 27, 2015
80
Um I must have missed it last weekend, other than seeing it on the log in screen I don't remember seeing an icon on my playing screen about the free member benefit (and I am a member). Where did it show up?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1629
In Search of Yum on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
Um I must have missed it last weekend, other than seeing it on the log in screen I don't remember seeing an icon on my playing screen about the free member benefit (and I am a member). Where did it show up?
Upper left corner of the screen, next to the Crown Shop icon.


Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
Willowydream on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
Upper left corner of the screen, next to the Crown Shop icon.

Maybe if you have stuff like the crown shop icon and other text stuff turned off, it might not show up. Is there anything in the display options about it? Does it show up for everyone, or just for those with memberships?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
950
In Search of Yum on Oct 2, 2018 wrote:
Um I must have missed it last weekend, other than seeing it on the log in screen I don't remember seeing an icon on my playing screen about the free member benefit (and I am a member). Where did it show up?
The new member benefits are available only when the Kingsisle Icon is visible in the upper left corner next to the Crown Shop icon. It is only visible during special times. An example of this was seen recently when Miracle Mitch's healing was free (I think it was last weekend when it was available). This is not available all the time (not very often from what I have seen) and, so far, only one benefit at a time.

I would think that it would only show up for Members.

As far as I know, there is no option to turn it on or off. It only shows up when a special member benefit is available.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1629
Calamity Finch on Oct 4, 2018 wrote:
Maybe if you have stuff like the crown shop icon and other text stuff turned off, it might not show up. Is there anything in the display options about it? Does it show up for everyone, or just for those with memberships?
These questions must await the next Member Benefit, which will hopefully occur very soon.



Someone read my mind!

Non-subscribers see nothing in-game, just the announcement on the launcher. Subscribers see the Icon.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
403
Willowydream on Oct 5, 2018 wrote:
These questions must await the next Member Benefit, which will hopefully occur very soon.



Someone read my mind!

Non-subscribers see nothing in-game, just the announcement on the launcher. Subscribers see the Icon.
I believe the spot where the member benefit indicator is located, is replaced by a pirate icon that says "upgrade" for non-members. That upgrade icon is always "on" as long as you don't have membership. I'm pretty sure that upgrade icon was introduced in this last update with the member benefits.