Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Many mods! what we need

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
I think that in pirate101 needs mods. Just like on minecraft. One of the mods I'm thinking of is an Enderman mod like maybe we could battle slenderman on a place called Ender Island with help from an Enderman companion called Endie. Or how about a youceleb mod. How cool would it be to have a companion for your favorite youtuber

These are just suggestions but I'm sure you could make it happen

En garde
Romantic Nicholas Jones level 64 swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
kvtasmaniafan 123 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
I think that in pirate101 needs mods. Just like on minecraft. One of the mods I'm thinking of is an Enderman mod like maybe we could battle slenderman on a place called Ender Island with help from an Enderman companion called Endie. Or how about a youceleb mod. How cool would it be to have a companion for your favorite youtuber

En garde
I am kind of new to MMO's and the KingsIsle ones are the first I have played. (Started with the best I guess ) I have watched World of Warcraft and that looked really complicated but I guess they all do when looking in from the outside and having no clue what is going on even with the player trying to narrate what is happening. So, because of my limited knowledge in the area I really have no idea what you are referring to. I do know that it is not possible to copy too much what another game has done (not that KI ever would ) but I know that copyrights and such may prevent some of the stuff you enjoy from those other games.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
kvtasmaniafan 123 on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:

En garde
I really doubt that any KI game will allow mods. Mods are created by the fan base, not by the game developers themselves, this mean that KI would have to release all of the game's programming code to the public, would have to make sure the game will accept outside mods.

Games like Minecraft use much more simple code that allows certain players to create and add their own content to the game. Plus since multyplayer Mincraft is run on servers that are set up and maintained by players, not Mojang, these different servers can be set up using different mods allowing all members of that server to enjoy the mods.

In Pirate101, the mods would have to be uploaded to the game servers for anybody other than yourself to experience the mod. I highly doubt that KI would ever let players have access to their game servers, it would reduce the security to near inexistence.

Administrator
Yup! Mods are definitely against our Terms of Use and would not be allowed.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*