Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Make Kane fight non-teleport able

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
This is getting utterly annoying. It's a final fight, it shouldn't be teleport able. I've just had someone ask me to leave so that his friend can join instead. How rude. KI, can you PLEASE change this? It shouldn't be happening.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
How would you feel if all 3 of your teammates quit at Kane and you would have to start over? Not very happy, right? Well in that situation, you could either solo it or get help from friends. Most people don't have good enough gear to solo it so you are only left to ask for help from friends.

But Oh No! Someone told Kingsisle to remove ports from this dungeon just because they were asked to leave the Kane battle for someone's friend.

So now you have just wasted half an hour to get to Kane and have to start over the entire dungeon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jasmine the Wizard on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
This is getting utterly annoying. It's a final fight, it shouldn't be teleport able. I've just had someone ask me to leave so that his friend can join instead. How rude. KI, can you PLEASE change this? It shouldn't be happening.
It was very rude of that player to suggest that. I'm very glad that KI didn't make this dungeon a non-teleport-able gauntlet.
I've had players quit ( or be disconnected ) during the Kane battle and having a friend be able to enter was very helpful.
Also, I've had friends ask me to join them because their team up was one person short.
Just because one person was rude, doesn't mean KI should change this dungeon.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
This dungeon is 15 minutes, your right porting is unnecessary as anyone can do it again quickly.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I'm sorry for that,some players just want to ruin the most joyful moment, that moment is this moment.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2008
It doesn't "NEED" a change, the final fight is extremely difficult and shouldn't really be a non portable dungeon. It is already difficult enough, so why remove that when it will add more time to the dungeon. Didn't think about that would it? You are looking at almost 10 - 45 minutes searching for players and 15 - 30 minutes depending on whether or not they leave.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2008
Quite Jacques on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
This dungeon is 15 minutes, your right porting is unnecessary as anyone can do it again quickly.
Depending on whether or not they leave. And the fight is difficult. So why ask that?

Ensign
Dec 29, 2008
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
How would you feel if all 3 of your teammates quit at Kane and you would have to start over? Not very happy, right? Well in that situation, you could either solo it or get help from friends. Most people don't have good enough gear to solo it so you are only left to ask for help from friends.

But Oh No! Someone told Kingsisle to remove ports from this dungeon just because they were asked to leave the Kane battle for someone's friend.

So now you have just wasted half an hour to get to Kane and have to start over the entire dungeon.
AGREED.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:

What if you were fighting Kane,then all of a sudden BAM! someone from skull island joined you.What would you do then?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
Not everyone can do this dungeon in 15 minutes. Most team-ups have players with only average gear and a few maxed companions. At the most this dungeon is 30 minutes.
Making this like a gauntlet would be intolerable.
There are many "final" battle dungeons in this game and ALL are teleport-able. Why make a single exception because someone was offended?

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I'm very sorry someone said that to you it was very rude and mean of them but don't let one mean person ruin your battle or the teleport one day when you battle Kane someone might have to go then you see a friend and they can help you with it and they will be a life saver some battle it's good to teleport into others it isn't just depends but don't ever let anyone ruin your fun if they say something rude just thing someone else might say that back to them then they will know how it feels and feel bad for saying it to you

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
Not everyone can do this dungeon in 15 minutes. Most team-ups have players with only average gear and a few maxed companions. At the most this dungeon is 30 minutes.
Making this like a gauntlet would be intolerable.
There are many "final" battle dungeons in this game and ALL are teleport-able. Why make a single exception because someone was offended?
30 minutes, I wouldn't care if I had to start over, but the question is why is bad for it to be like a gauntlet? If so people will bale less likely as I've seen they often bale last fight and a few minutes later bring friends to fight the final boss. Why should this be different then other dungeons? Simple its literally the final dungeon in the game, and frankly you can just team up in a few minutes and do it in half an hour or less.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
30 minutes, I wouldn't care if I had to start over, but the question is why is bad for it to be like a gauntlet? If so people will bale less likely as I've seen they often bale last fight and a few minutes later bring friends to fight the final boss. Why should this be different then other dungeons? Simple its literally the final dungeon in the game, and frankly you can just team up in a few minutes and do it in half an hour or less.
Making the Moo Tower a non-teleport gauntlet didn't prevent people from bailing...There were times when I and the others in the team up would have been glad to have a friend teleport to us.
Then there was the time that a friend and I couldn't get a full team and decided to duo the Machine, we did fairly well. Until Kane KO-ed my friend. He was then able to port out, heal, re-enter and we finished the battle.
If your way was used, we would then have to repeat that dungeon ( if I had been defeated ) wasting a half hour.
"..you can just team up in a few minutes.." often I'm waiting at a team up for more than 10 minutes, then add in a few annoying team up bailing trolls and then you'll have people who quit at once if they see that they don't have a full team. This adds more time wasted.
Many players do not have a lot of time to waste on a failed dungeon run, many have parents who limit their time on the computer. Or they are working people who must schedule play time between responsibilities, as chores, children and work.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
DariusMusk on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
What if you were fighting Kane,then all of a sudden BAM! someone from skull island joined you.What would you do then?
cannon fodder....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
That's not un-heard of - in the past, many players and myself have experienced a low level friend "popping" in on us when we were in a high level dungeon. I remember one friend ( at the time a 15th level witchdoctor ) ported to me and a friend in the Halls of Minos, with the result that we got more Ophidian Flame Dancers.
Asking him to go away didn't work: he insisted he could "help" us ( BTW, we were all decimated and this was before dungeon recall ).
"Curiousity killed the cat... and a few of his friends."
So you do have a point there, but that could be solved by turning ports off, then if you want someone to join you, turning them back on.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Ok lucky I know how to counter the offense. Ok now, I have to go offend whoever it was that offended you and then I tell them that I was told by you to go offend them and that I did it. Then you get offended by me because I told them you sent me and then they get offended because they find out that my offense is worse then the offense they caused you and so in the end you and everybody else is offended by me and then your in the clear.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
Having experienced 9 out of 10 teams ups have someone leave half way through moo tower, I am happy people can port into this fight to prevent the same thing from happening over and over and over here.